LabCorp Phlebotomist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LabCorp Phlebotomist Interview Questions

Interviews at LabCorp

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LabCorp (Itasca, IL).

Interview

Very easy and basic interview questions. They asked questions specifically pertaining to the position I applied for. Wasn't as nerve wrecking as I thought it would be, the women that interviewed me were very nice and the interview didn't go like a normal interview, it was laid back and not as strict.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LabCorp

Anonymous Employee in Ash, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Ash, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was over the phone very comfortable process. It takes a little time processing everything, but well worth it. I had my phone interview in Aug and started September 26. Be friendly and confident.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was offered and excepted

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Burlington, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview went great!! Feeling extremely confident about it my interview. I was very prepared for all of my interview questions and took my
    Time answering them correctly. I recommend you be prepared before going!

Interview Questions

• What is the proper order of draw?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LabCorp (Tucson, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant, actually. Both supervisors were available to speak to me and they asked me questions that directly pertained to blood draws and cleanliness. They also asked about my customer service skills and asked a few short answer questions. I would say the interview process was very thorough

Interview Questions

• They asked me to walk them through a hypothetical blood draw scenario, through gathering patient information to when the patient leaves.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LabCorp (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

1st you have to pass a pre employment test...it's a little difficult...well to me atleast
    2nd was an email telling me I was being considered for the position &to finish filling out APPLICATION
    3rd was a call from recruiter for an over the phone interview after the interview she told me that they'll call for a 2nd interview (in person) if interested. A couple days later I was called for another over the phone interview for a different location(I'm guessing that position was filled) later I received an email for an in person interview

During the in person interview the vibe was really cool and laid back, which made me (as a very bad interviewer) extremely comfortable... the manager was extremely nice. After the interview I had to do a MOCKDRAW ((know your stuff))
    The whole process started took less than 2 weeks my in person interview was on a Friday that following Monday my recruiter called to offer me the position

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult patient?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LabCorp (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Took one week from online to face to face interview. General interview questions plus a 10 minute skills assessment test. After interview, filled out online application to submit background and drug test consent.

Interview Questions

• Give the order of draw for a series of tests.
      When do you pour one tube into another?
      What tubes can serum be collected in   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LabCorp (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on a Thursday and the following Tuesday I got a phone call from a recruiter offering a position as a Phlebotomist. The interview was situational questions as well as skills test. You definitely need to know your order of draw and universal precautions.

Interview Questions

• What is a lavender tube testing for?   2 Answers
    • What is the difference between serum and Plasma?   1 Answer
    • What is the light blue tube used for   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult time with a co-worker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict in the work place?   Answer Question
    • Then they will take you on a mock draw! They will say I need a CBC, a BUN and pt done, you must remember order of draw and safety precautions also pt identification!   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at LabCorp (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Was very easy, but a lot of questions. Had to wait about 2 weeks to confirm my offer. They are very organized and friendly. Interviews questions not to hard.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LabCorp (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Thorough. HR will contact you once you apply for a job. Then a manager will call to set up an in person interview if possible. They ask a lot of questions about interpersonal relationship. How you handle a stressful environment and they want you to have incredible customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• Do I know the order of draw? How fast can I draw? What tubes do I use for what tests?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Albany, NY).

Interview

I was called for and over the phone interview asked a couple questions about blood draw tests and tube color it was easy if you already know what your doing. I was told I passed and my application would be forwarded to the regional manager got called for and interview a couple days later. In person interview was simple talked about experience and was asked the steps of a blood draw once again and a few more questions nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What tube do you draw for a CBC, PT and CMP?
      Order or draw?   1 Answer