LabCorp Phlebotomist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LabCorp Phlebotomist Interview Questions

Interviews at LabCorp

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LabCorp (Nashville, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by recruiter 2 months later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LabCorp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Issaquah, WA) in December 2009.

Interview

Was contacted by HR rep and had initial phone interview, setup more extensive phone interview for later that week. Passed both phone interviews then proceeded to interview face to face during the second week. Problem was I was interviewing for a $72,000 Trainer position that was posted for external applicants only. Was then told during the face to face that they only filled those positions internally and they only post it externally to draw in highly qualified applicants for lower paying positions IE the $14.50 hr job I was offered on the spot and was told It would only be on the table while I was in the room. I politely told them No Thank You and asked them to never waste my time again.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled conflict in the workplace.   1 Answer
    • What salary did you have at your last job.   1 Answer

Horrible Pay scale.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LabCorp (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone interview with the HR representative handling the position. They may contact you at any time during their business hours, which run from 8am to 5pm. During this part of the interview process, your qualifications and interest for the position are measured. A brief description of the position available is given to you and questions you may have for the HR rep are answered. Once the conversation is complete the HR rep gets in touch with the supervisor for the position and gives them the run down and their thoughts on your candidacy. If the green light is given, a second call will follow with the purpose to schedule and appointment for a face to face interview.

At the face to face, the supervisor and HR rep will meet with you and ask a few questions in regards to your problem solving skills, customer service skills and phlebotomy experiences. Example situations will be presented to you to gauge your response and reaction. I strongly recommend that when asked such questions, you pause and THINK about your response. Do not blurt out the first thing that comes to mind but process the information and state it clearly. Supervisors and managers like to see prospective employees problem solve effectively. A supervisor may also ask you to partake in a "play acting" of the way in which you would approach a patient in a phlebotomy setting.

If your interview goes well, you will receive a call within 24 to 48 hours from your face to face with an offer and if you ROCKED your interview, you should receive a call within 20 minutes from your face to face, as I did.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a patient that is disgruntled about services rendered?   2 Answers
    • "Play act" a typical phlebotomy situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Phlebotomy is essentially entry level so negotiating an hourly wage is not recommended. Generally, LabCorp pays fairly and takes into account previous salary to years of experience to education ratios.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LabCorp (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After applying to Labcorp for over a year, I was finally contacted for a phone interview by a HR recruiter. After the phone interview I was then set up for a face to face interview. Apparently I was not qualified for that current position, but was then contacted a few weeks later by an Hr recruiter who had been working on my file. I then was contacted by another Supervisor at a different location, and was offered an position a little over a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate. I was beyond pleased with the offer.

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LabCorp in February 2009.

Interview

I was hired on after I was done with my extern ship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had to get a job asap

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LabCorp (San Diego, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Easy, they need people..
    Filled out an application, they took a copy of my ss, driver's license, did a drug screen. had orientation the next day...and the torture began. Labcorp is on every job search website, that alone should tell you something. I say Good luck!!

Interview Questions

• Can you do a drug screen today?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Richmond, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two supervisors. There was a mock draw that required me to describe in detail the entire process of drawing a patient, down to getting the specimens ready for send out. You are asked the order of the draw, how to handle a difficult stick and the youngest patient you have drawn. There was also a diagram where you are asked the proper sites for the pediatric draw. The questions asked are consistent with what you learned in school, and how to handle specimens properly. The interview is relaxed enough to answer the questions in a timely manner and both supervisors interact with you politely and professionally.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected or difficult, the questions were pretty much about what you learned in school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was easy. I was asked what rate I desired, told the starting rate and when offered the position, was compensated for my experience. I accepted and am very happy with the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LabCorp (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a great interview see to beva great company,process was simple easy friendly and helpful resources and information about this company, interview went well i got hired it just was not the compaby for ne they are nit for the employees at all

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LabCorp.

Interview

Very Long!!!! It took 2 interviews, many phone calls and 3 months to get hired and start working. Have to be patient. I thought the interview went well and was surprised when I didn't get a phone call. I followed up when I saw the job position still posted and than is when I got a second interview. I was told they had to wait for approvals and for HR to process. I was disappointed in the process but I did accept the job.

Interview Questions

• some phlebotomy skill questions like where to stick a baby   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating, HR determines salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LabCorp (Union, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. I was asked to submit a resume with my 20 yes experience. I did that and was told it would be sent to HR. I received an email saying they choose someone else who was more qualified.