LabCorp Specimen Accessioner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.3

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LabCorp (Albany, NY).

Interview

Applied online. got a call for an initial phone interview. Returned his call, scheduled an in person interview for a short time after. He seemed friendly over the phone. Explained the position for me, and asked if I had any questions,

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to work for LabCorp.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LabCorp

Specimen Accessioner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LabCorp in June 2017.

Interview

Received an email from HR about a week or so after I applied asking for additional information provided I was still interested. Emailed back and two days later I had 2 phone interviews and a walk through of the facility. Interviews were relatively average interview questions, a lot of "name a time when" type of questions. I do better in person so I was a little nervous completing both interviews over the phone and I'm sure my nerves were obvious. I don't have any work related lab experience, only educational as I am working on a degree in laboratory science however that was not an issue. A week later I was contacted by HR offering me the position!

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LabCorp (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a call from HR, asking if I was still interested in the position. They went over the hours, pay, and asked me a few questions. (What do I know about Labcorp, how does your previous experience transfer to this position). They told me I would get a call within a few days from a hiring manager.

Over a week later I hadn't heard anything, so I called HR to follow up. I left a message and they never called me back, but that night I got a call from the hiring manager. He made sure I was interested and ready for a lot of work and long hours. I went in for an interview two hours later.

The manager showed me around and I got to watch some people working. He answered all my questions and told me that HR should contact me with an offer within 1.5 weeks or so.

HR contacted me the next week with a verbal offer and then sent various emails requiring me to fill in forms and formally accept the offer. They gave me a start date. I had to send in information to complete a background check and had to submit to a urine drug test.

I was emailed about a week prior to my start date with some more information about orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Louisville, KY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had to take several tests and surveys. They were easy but took a little while to complete. Then about a week later I got a call from HR where they explained the position and asked questions about my work history. They also asked if the hours and schedule worked for me. They informed me that I would be contacted by the hiring manager in a few days and I was. I set up an interview with that manager for two days later. That lasted about 30 minutes and was very laid back. She asked some questions and then showed me around the facility. Then she asked if I had any questions (I strongly suggest coming up with a few to ask).

It took about a week and a day for me to hear anything back from that interview and it was in the form of another call from the HR lady. She informed me that I was offered the position and I accepted. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• How do you adjust to a new work environment?
      What is one word friends would use to describe you?
      What do you know about LabCorp?   Answer Question

Specimen Accessioner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LabCorp in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted through email to take a data entry test, followed up a week later with a request to submit more information, and another week later asked to fill out more information regarding policies. Never contacted again after that. Very slow contact, usually emailed at the end of the day and followed back after I replied no sooner than a week later.

Interview Questions

• Can you work mandatory overtime?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LabCorp (New York, NY).

Interview

Apply online to every position available, it remembers your app so it is easy. Get callback, go to interview. If they accept you, you get an email with further instructions and just follow it.

Interview Questions

• The general Google questions, like how do you work with others, what are your greatest strengths and weaknesses, why do you feel you would be a good fit for this job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LabCorp (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online many times, but the time I heard back was when I applied for a position that was newly posted. I received an email to fill out more questions about my experience, and the next day I received a phone call to schedule a phone screening. The phone screening involved explaining my past work experience, and why I was interested in the position. After the phone screening, I was invited to interview that same night.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did not get along with a coworker, and how were you able to work together.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Labcorp?   Answer Question
    • Name a task that has required fine hand-eye coordination.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

online application, after which contacted by HR, phone interview followed by interview in the office by supervisor. too about 8 weeks for the whole process to get an offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LabCorp (Tucker, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

After applying I heard back from them 2 weeks through an email for an interview. I went to the facility and had a one on one interview which I thought went well. I apply for the one in Tucker, Ga. I was not aware that the one there had no lab and that all specimens were shipped to Al. The next day I received a call from someone for a phone interview. The phone part was short and ok. It sounded a bit ribotic. You answer a question and then a min of complete silence becuase the person on the phone is typing all your answers. I did not heard back from them untill 2 weeks later but I had already accepted an offer elswhere.

Specimen Accessioner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, took personality and skills tests online, I received a call to schedule a phone interview,I thought the interview went well, it was very brief with typical interview questions. I didn't hear anything after the phone interview (good or bad) but I read it could take a while. Still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a production type work environment   Answer Question