LabCorp Technologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LabCorp Technologist Interview Questions

Interviews at LabCorp

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LabCorp (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Submitted online application and was contacted quite some time later (over a month) to schedule an interview. Interviewed with different supervisors for each section of the lab. Typical interview questions. Were very fast to offer me a job after the interview was over. Human resources is very friendly and kept me informed to all aspects of the process.

Interview Questions

The pay they offered is extremely low compared to other technologists positions. Hours are not ideal.

Other Interview Reviews for LabCorp

Technologist Interview

Interview

phone interview first with HR

lab manager interview on site.

Lab director interview was arranged separably, as he was not on site when I interviewed with lab manager.

HR background check.

called for hiring

Technologist Interview

Interview

Applied online took the assessment and a recruiter called me the next day for an interview with manager

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Burlington, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by a recruiter immediately after submitting my application. She went over the positions that were open and sent my information to the hiring manager. The hiring manager immediately responded and was ready to interview me. I

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work with people that are hard workers versus people that aren't hard workers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I really regret not doing so.

Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LabCorp (Raritan, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online HR called and got interview following week. went in for interview and hiring manager was awesome very easy going and down to earth made me feel as though labcorp would be great. called following day with offer, counteroffer then excepted the job two days later.

Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp.

Interview

it started with a quick phone interview, and then a second phone interview. Then I was set up with an in-person interview, I was asked a few easy question, the supervisor was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a certain sitation where I was unsure of what I was doing?   1 Answer

Technologist Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from the recruiter a week later. Had an in-person interview with HR rep and supervisor a week later. The following week, I had an verbal offer over the phone. Another week later I came in to sign my offer letter before taking my drug test. Was officially on the job within a month after applying.

Interview Questions

• Explain background and how it would fit with the position I was applying for. No salary negotiation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Burlington, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Meet with a supervisor, very standard interview who takes you on a tour through the lab and introduces you to a team lead, then you get a call from HR at least a week later with an offer or an email with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• What are universal precautions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LabCorp (Arlington, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

First step was a phone screen with a recruiter, then I set up a phone interview for the next week. The day comes around and about 15 minutes after the start time the recruiter called to ask if we had confirmed a time for the in-person interview that day. I informed him that I had received no confirmation and no address to go to or the name of anyone to meet with or contact. He apologized and contacted two lab supervisors who then called me and performed a 30 minute phone interview which consisted of an overall description of the lab and about 15 questions. Mostly behavioral, but some regarding the type of lab equipment/tests I was familiar with. They said they would have a decision by the end of the week, but did not schedule an in-person with me. I don't feel confident.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you noticed a teammate was performing a procedure incorrectly?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an error during a sample transaction?   Answer Question
    • Describe the importance of aseptic technique in a lab.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work independently? As a team?   Answer Question
    • Say you are assigned to work 500 cases, including databasing and accessioning, in 5 days. How would you approach this?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been involved with an issue in which corrective action (not necessarily a punishment) was taken?   Answer Question
    • Strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Technologist Interview

Interview

I was contacted and scheduled a phone interview the following Thursday. The interview was average, and I was not nervous. If you meet the requirements and are confident during the interview you will likely have a positive result.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a valuable employee?   1 Answer