Labatt Food Service Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Labatt Food Service Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (New York, NY).

Interview

First round was a Skype interview where I spoke with two upper level management people. They didn't ask anything about what I knew about the company and mostly asked about stuff on my resume. Easy going and easy to talk to.

The second round was at their San Antonio office. Although I had generally positive opinions of the company before and everyone I met was really nice, there were certain things I noticed during the interview that really made me question the company and made me feel uneasy about working there. First off, I was put into a room with two interviews with a set list of questions they had to ask me. These questions were standard interview questions, but because there were about 40 of these, many of which repeated the same question with different wording, it got really tiring. They were also recording all my responses by hand which I thought was outdated and time consuming. You could tell that they were also getting physically exhausted. I didn't really see the point of doing something like this. The questions were all standard and nothing difficult.

Secondly, I "job-shadowed" two other business analysts where they just sat in a room and told me about the projects they were working on. I connected really well with both of them and thought the work they were doing was pretty interesting, but I was concerned with the fact that their projects seemed like stuff that should have been implemented 20 years ago. Additionally, one of them was a senior business analyst who had been working there for 9 years, which was odd considering she was still in a cubicle and didn't have any authority over younger personnel. It seemed like all she really had was a title that didn't mean anything in terms of responsibility. I assume that it's because the company is really small so there's not much room to move up.
Finally, I got a tour of the company which I thought was cool. But overall, I just felt like the company was too small and old-fashioned for my taste. It's a family run business that is trying to do big things, but I think it needs to change the way it's running the company for that to really take root. Didn't seem like a great place to innovate, considering they're behind in their tech.

The main thing that turned me off about the company was the sales director who contacted me a few hours later about an offer. He tried to vet me and ask sensitive questions about the other company I had an offer from, which I felt was unprofessional and slimy. He also verbally gave me a salary amount and deadline, but never sent me an official offer letter by email, which I thought was also unprofessional and suspicious. I felt like he was trying to con me the whole time. It was unfortunate though because everyone else I met there was really nice and made me feel welcome.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Labatt Food Service

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service in April 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview and second was a Skype interview. The first interview was with the HR specialist and the second interview was with the head engineer. The first interview consisted of questions to get to know me; second interview was some of the same basic questions plus job-specific questions

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service in May 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was face to face. Interviewer read from sheet of questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about extracurricular activities in college.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (San Antonio, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied and got a call shortly later to drive over for an in-person interview. Wasn't too interested in the company to begin with due to the industry, but I decided to give it a shot as it advertised solid pay for straight out of college. Had to bring transcripts and a writing sample, which I thought was a bit odd for this position. When I arrived, I had to take a written personality test followed by an application on the computer that seemed quite redundant with the application materials I was already providing. Afterwards, I filled out yet another form that seemed redundant. Finally, I went in for a 1:1 interview with HR rep. All questions were asked from a standard sheet. She obnoxiously looked down my transcript and asked about some of the classes I didn't do as well in. Many of the other questions seemed pretty redundant based on my answers from earlier questions. The interview was quite boring to the point where I actually had trouble answering the question "why do you want this position?" towards the end. I don't remember there being any tricky questions.

Overall, it just felt like a waste of time and I definitely did not shed any tears when I was not selected. Although the pay is good and the company seems reliable, it's located in a really ugly part of San Antonio and the company doesn't seem to want to expand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (San Antonio, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied June 2011. Received phone call a few days later asking to setup an on-site interview in San Antonio and to bring writing sample and college transcript. Found the transcript part to be a bit weird.

On-site, they had me fill out some stuff on a computer with some other people applying for trucker jobs. Interview was pretty dull. Realized after about 5 minutes that I didn't want the job, especially with the business being in a mediocre part of town. Mainly went over resume and asked scripted questions about jobs I had 5 years previously while in high school. Overall a pretty wooden interview and just wasn't for me.

I have heard pay is decent though.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite job and why? (this was right after I had communicated I only had 2 jobs previously when I was asked what my favorite job was)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service in June 2011.

Interview

First interview was one on one with hiring coordinator. They asked about extra curricular activities in college and after. Also discussed each job on resume. Second interview was with lead analyst and first completed a written assignment and then had behavorial based questions.

Interview Questions

• What extra curricular activities did you do in college.   Answer Question