Labatt Food Service Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX | Glassdoor

2.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy going interview the questions were fairly simple. I suggest knowing your resume inside and out because most of the questions were about the experiences listed on your resume.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are related to the experience listed on your resume.   Answer Question

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The hr manager and highering manager were prompt and courteous though be aware that they did not compensate for mileage expenses so if you drive a few hours a couple of times like I did you could be out a lot of gas money.

Interview Questions

• A lot of IT audit related questions, some on processes and policies, and software dev experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard. It took a little longer than I would have liked but overall it was fine. Asked some personality questions and some simple programming stuff. The family member was a little arrogant and a bit fluffy but the other people were nice.

Interview Questions

• Data structure, database sql questions but nothing too complicated   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I didn't feel like I could as it was a only a mid level role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (San Antonio, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I got to the campus for the interview and was surprised to find everyone still out to lunch and had to wait for a bit before someone was there to let me in. I then filled out a form about work history and other standard stuff. I went and interviewed with a HR person who assessed my personality and general qualifications. Then I went and interviewed with the media team there in the office. The lead seemed fine, but one of the members of the team who asked most of the technical questions seemed to be rather hostile from the start of the interview. Overall it was a mediocre experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your career goal?
      How good are you at adobe premiere on a scale of 1 - 10?
      Are you the kind of person who will challenge me, or do what you are told?   Answer Question

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

My interview was very informal, I was asked just a few questions all appropriate to the position I was applying for. I was made to feel as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions

• I was asked just a few short questions, It was one of the shortest interview I had ever had.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did get a better salary and benefits than my previous employer, I was employed at the time. But the opportunities that I would get down the road you could not put a price tag on.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (San Antonio, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

-Applied online
    -Interview with recruiter
    -Interview with Director of IT
    -Onsite interview with team in San Antonio

I must note that I was flown to San Antonio for the onsite interview. After being shuttled from the HR building to the back where the other building was at, I met with the team. I immediately realized this wasn't the place for me. Too stuffy. Slacks, white dress shirts and ties. Reminded me of a cult.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with AS400?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (San Antonio, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a call nearly immediately. I was interviewed by an interviewer who asked only HR type of questions and who didn't work in software development. She had terrible listening skills. Examples: Just after telling her about getting Dean's list, she immediately asked me if I got any academic awards such as "dean's list." I repeated my answer and then told her that I got another award based on my major GPA and hours taken. She then asked me how did the students "vote" for my award. It wasn't a vote. I had to repeat how it was an award based on grades. I had to repeat everything because she failed to listen. She made assumptions and even argued with me. Another example: She asked me why I didn't want to move into a software developer position at my previous employment and insisted that she knew my previous employment had software developers. I had to repeat the reason leaving, they've outsourced everything and there are no positions there anymore. Then she asked me what is a good reason to leave an employer. I gave a general answer but put forth that I'm the kind of person who wants to stay at a company. She sent me a rejection letter. There really isn't a good reason to reject me. I graduated top of my class, I've never missed a day of work, I've never been late, I'm great at what I do, perfect record (even driving record), people love me and my work ethic, I keep my job for years....The only reason I wouldn't be a "fit" is because the whole interview process is seriously dumb. I wasn't asked any technical questions nor was I tested on my skill. Apparently, they want software developers who are liked by an HR interviewer who earned a Communications degree in college. Seriously?!?! Was listening skills not required for that major?

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (San Antonio, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Based on my single, infuriating experience interviewing for this company, I'm confident that all the previous reviewers other than one company man pretty much hit it on the nose. I can't describe it any better than these poor folks who have actually worked within the walls of their depressing and ominously silent corporate facility.

As others have said, the interview consisted of boilerplate questions which were largely irrelevant to the position I was applying for. Questions were read sequentially from a list and sometimes, I would answer a question in a way that also answered the following question, after which the interviewer would read me the question anyway. I must have had a perpetual "are you serious?" face through the whole thing. My interview during high school for a summer job at a movie theatre was more probing and dynamic than the one I did for this company. At least the interviewer was perceptive enough to see that I would not have fit in over there at all.

Technical Writing Interview

Application

Interview

First I was taken into a room to fill out a long application. Bring info about your past jobs (phone numbers, addresses, etc) as well as your reference information. It was a pretty extensive application. Afterwards I interviewed with an HR representative. The interview involved going through my resume item by item from my educational experience to each job, discussing each item. It was a pretty normal interview experience.

The HR Representative provided more information about the position and described the company as a "younger company" with many employees that are in their 20s and 30s. Labatt seems like a good company to work for. The location isn't on a great part of town, but it is just off of the highway.

A few weeks later I received notice that I was not chosen for the position by mail.

Food Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Labatt Food Service (San Antonio, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The hiring coordinator tries to interview and hire people she can picture herself being friends with.