Labatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2017

3.4

GMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Labatt (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very lengthy and in-depth to ensure you not only fit the culture of the company but also the role. After the screening there is a case interview to be completed in 30 minutes. There is a lot of information to process, you will need to calculate capacity, choose new products to sell, and develop a marketing plan. They will push back on your ideas so have a good argument for why you made your decision and be confident in it.

After this, you will go to Toronto for ABI day where you will present a marketing analysis and complete a simulation. The simulation is meant to put you under pressure - make sure you display their values; never settle for anything but #1, be strategic, take ownership, CSR, reward based on merit.

Finally, there is a panel interview in New York - someone from the company will brief you on this

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite beer? What are the biggest challenges Labatt is facing and how do you fix them? Biggest regret? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Campus Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delmar, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Labatt (Delmar, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty straightforward but it was not like a regular interview. all of the questions were preset and I had about 3 minutes to answer each question into my webcam. I honestly did not like it as i was just talking to my computer and not an actual person which was a bit insincere.

Interview Questions

Interview

The process was could be very intense if you are not on your game. HR did initial interview which was not that bad. After I had interview with 3 managers and the CIO of the company.

Interview Questions

• They ask the same questions over and over to see if your answer changes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It lasted a couple of weeks. I had two face to faces and 3 over the phone interviews.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Labatt in March 2013.

Interview

Lengthy, and many parties involved. Wonder how they ever got a sense of who you are by being passed around so much. The questions were the very generic 'tell me about a time when, and what/how resolved'

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Labatt (San Antonio, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

So many stupid applications and personality tests. It was like filling out an application for a part time job as if they hadn't even looked at my resume. The initial interview was awkward because all of the questions were read from a list. Very similar process to what the previous interviewee went through.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 good reasons to leave a job?   Answer Question
    • What organizations were in you involved with in college? What did you like and dislike about them?   Answer Question
    • What did you like and dislike about all of your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Labatt (San Antonio, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview started with a few packets of personality tests and applications. The applications were very repetitive. The company already had a copy of my resume, yet I still had to fill out the information on a paper. The personality tests were typical-simply pick the word that best describes you. After 30 minutes of filling out paperwork and waiting the interviewer took me into her office. I had to bring a transcript of all my classes in college.
    The woman proceeded to look at EVERY class I had ever taken in college. She questioned some of the classes that were not favorable grades (which were mainly science classes- that I am not particularly good at). After that, she went down my resume and asked me about all my extra-curriculars in college and what was difficult about them. Then, she went over all of my jobs and asked me similar questions of why I liked and didn't like the jobs.
    In my opinion, the woman interviewing had no personality and would not interact appropriately during the interview. All the questions were just read off a piece of paper and she never responded to my answers. I do not expect to be best friends with with interviewer but a little bit of feedback on my answers would be nice. The interview situation was socially awkward. I did not get a second interview-so maybe they knew from the start that I was not the right candidate for the position. Regardless, I felt very confused and annoyed after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult job you have ever had to do?   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Labatt.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Given 30 min to read a 10-page long case and solve the problem, then 7 minutes to present. Not a lot of time given, mostly to see how you work under pressure. Invited back to second interview the next day.

Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Labatt (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

There was an Online application, then a challenge interview which was a case study, behavioral interview, analysis interview, call with vice president.

Overall a pretty long process was interviewing for about 2 months and then got offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think the market is going in the next 3-5 years   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Labatt (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

We were provided with a 10-page case study and given 30 minutes to prepare a case. We then had to present it to the interviewers, followed by which there was a Q&A session about it.

Brewery Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Labatt (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

Many steps involved. Started out with a online assessments, then a phone interview, then an in-person interview and finally a panel interview. Panel interview was tough with tricky, obscure questions.