Labor Ready Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Labor Ready Branch Manager Interview Questions

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Labor Ready.

Interview

It was a pretty easy process. They asked a few standard questions, mostly talked about the company, what they do, their customers and the workers. Asked me to give a few examples of past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had an angry customer, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Labor Ready

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the District Manager and the Vice President of California. I met with the District at their Turlock branch for two interviews. I then met with the Vice President in Los Angeles.

Interview Questions

• How many years of management experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Recieved a phone call as my resume was reviewed. Date time of phone interview was established. Phone interview conducted (comprehensive). Second phone interview. One on one interview, background investigation paperwork. Criminal and credit investigation. One-up interview. re-interview with manager, offer letter. Hire. 30 days of training at a training branch.

Interview Questions

• Experience Questions   1 Answer
    • Situational (Tell us about a time) interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Roseville, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Behavioral Screening, Drug Screening, Background Screening, Reference Checks, etc. When interviewing for this position be ready with the operations numbers and goals that you have for the specific branch you are being interviewed for. NOI improvement is the biggest point to drive home. Take everything into account and bring reasonable numbers to your interview.

Interview Questions

• Role Playing a customer cold call with top management, they try to throw a lot of curve balls.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only a week-long affair. I gave them a number, they said not a chance so I countered and after a week, they said okay.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Labor Ready (San Antonio, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

The process was nerve wrecking but worth it.
    I prepared for 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name some challenge you have faced and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy it is across the board pay scale and you have the opportunity to bonus really good if you work hard which I did.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Labor Ready (San Francisco, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Fairly Simple - Met with Regional Manager once by phone and on 2 occasions in person.
    We reviewed: their needs and my qualifications, job descriptions, upline management's style, performance expectations and compensation package.
    The lower level positions here [Branch Manager and below] do not have a rigirous interview process, and the higher positions are overwhelmingly promote from within.

Interview Questions

• How will your skills translate into the open position here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Universal: Base salary, structured commission and benefits. No negotiating.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Labor Ready in April 2010.

Interview

After submitting my resume I had a phone interview with the District Manager (DM). Next was a call from HR, where I took an over the phone aptitude test. Then I had a face to face meeting with the DM, followed by phone interviews with an Area Sales Manager and then the Area Vice President. Finally I met the DM again to go out in the field and do presentations. I then had a full background check run and was finally offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest professional failure. What did you learn from it? How would you have handled it differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a flat salary for each position in the company.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Labor Ready in July 2008.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face with hiring manager (area manager)...then interview with co-worker (branch manager from another branch). Drug test, credit check, background check, personality profile.

The interview was laid back for me. They really wanted to see your personality and what you bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone urinated on the branch floor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Slightly...there is a base salary range for everyone coming into that role depending on location. I obtained the higher base and the other benefits were great so I didn't really have to negotiate anything that I wasn't happy with.