Labor Ready Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

1.9

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Depew, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Depew, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted for thirty minutes and was very friendly. The wait wasn't long and refreshments were offered. My degrees and experience were discussed and what the job requirements were and if I would be able to meet the requirements including the hours.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for this company and what made you chose this position what can you offer the company to help the clientele grow? Would you be available part time?   1 Answer

Laborer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Labor Ready.

Interview

There was no interview process. There was some questions on the computer in regards to what experience I had. At one point human resources called me and asked me how the hiring process was going.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Labor Ready.

Interview

It was a pretty easy process. They asked a few standard questions, mostly talked about the company, what they do, their customers and the workers. Asked me to give a few examples of past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had an angry customer, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Temp Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Portland, OR) in February 2016.

Interview

There wasn't an interview. I signed up and let them know I was needing work. I choose what jobs I take and when. I didn't need to do a background check or a drug screening and there was no questions or one on one interactions. I signed up for text alerts so I know when offices are looking for workers they are first come first serve basis.

Interview Questions

• Can you pass a background check?   1 Answer

Mechanical and Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Fullerton, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Watched alot of safety and training videos that are very old. Showed up daily for first few weeks and was hardly ever sent out for work. Alot of morning the agents that worked behind counter were rude, and would only pick certain people for work whom showed up well after I did

Interview Questions

• Do you have your own steel toes, and have your own vehicle...   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Labor Ready.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted the next day by email to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview for the following week on Tuesday, I was called on time, the interview was 30 minutes or less. The phone interview was easy and more like an information gathering session. I was told to wait about 1 week to hear back but I was called the next day to schedule a face to face interview. Well that's where it goes downhill...the manager was very unprofessional, he cursed the entire interview and dug into my personal history...none of the questions were employment related. I would steer clear of this company. You have to be on call and use your own personal vehicle to transport workers occasionally. The shift starts at 5am and 10am so you're left to open up or lock up in unsavory neighborhoods.

Interview Questions

It's a shady business...I saw that once I walked in and saw no real ceiling on this place

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Lanham, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

Basic question and answer interview, Then orientation that includes watching a video, going over rules about drugs and hygiene, how you get paid after each assignment. Also set up our card account, since they don't pay in cash at this location, only by a debit card.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work did you do and what are you looking for?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations, each assignment pays a different rate depending on location

Shipper and Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Bowling Green, KY) in October 2015.

Interview

Honesty screening test on the computer. Brief interview and review of general application. Offer at initial hire of brief temporary positions. After receiving background check results then was offered what was presented as a full time temp to hire position. Upon starting position it was ended in less than a month with no warning and no notification prior to arriving at assignment. Laying off 35 people with no warning after promising work at company until December 23 or longer.

Interview Questions

• General interests and experience   1 Answer

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

Easy going, welcoming environment, receptive staff, great technical hiring process. My hiring manager made the whole process great to me. I recommend Labor Ready to those who are ready to join the work force.

Gardener Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Labor Ready.

Interview

I met with a HR specialist for a half hour in a high rise across the street from the museum, and then I went to the plant maintenance department for a half hour interview with the foreman.

Interview Questions

• What would my current supervisors say are my strengths?   Answer Question