Labor Ready Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Labor Ready Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodinville, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Woodinville, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their website using a link from my local unemployment offices job list. Two days later I got an email saying they liked my resume and wanted to set up a phone interview. Got the first one set up at 11 am for two days later. I sat and waited and got no phone call, 12:45 I called the number that was in the email and left a message. Got an email later that day with an apology and to reschedule the interview for the following day at 10:30 am. At 11:12 I finally got the call and they apologized, stating that the alert didn't pop up to call me. It didn't sound like they knew what they were doing. I asked some questions about what the job schedule was like and after the question was answered, I was placed on hold.

When told about the job duties, I was told I would be on call when not working my shift. The part about being on call had not been on the listing when I applied or I wouldn't have applied. It also didn't make sense to have a CSR on call and when asked about it, I was given different answers that all sounded like they don't want to take the time to properly staff the company.

When I was asked if I understood what the job duties were, I told them that I wasn't. I was then told to read the job listing and research the company and if I was still wanting the job to email them and reschedule another interview.

Interview Questions

I will not be working for them and have sent an email stating that it was because of poor interviewing and not properly listing job duties in the job listing I applied for.

Mechanical and Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Fullerton, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Watched alot of safety and training videos that are very old. Showed up daily for first few weeks and was hardly ever sent out for work. Alot of morning the agents that worked behind counter were rude, and would only pick certain people for work whom showed up well after I did

Interview Questions

• Do you have your own steel toes, and have your own vehicle...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Des Moines, IA) in March 2013.

Interview

RepresentativeApplication online and interviewed in person 30 days later the process finished in 2 months. The online app process was full of glitches with no contact between stages or expectations.

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Altoona, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

Intensive, there were three different people to interview with. It was a bit daunting but definitely worth it in the end. The interview was very professional at each step. You learned a lot about the company and what they are all about before giving a final decision to accept an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you did not agree with your manager, how did you handle that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Roseville, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Behavioral Screening, Drug Screening, Background Screening, Reference Checks, etc. When interviewing for this position be ready with the operations numbers and goals that you have for the specific branch you are being interviewed for. NOI improvement is the biggest point to drive home. Take everything into account and bring reasonable numbers to your interview.

Interview Questions

• Role Playing a customer cold call with top management, they try to throw a lot of curve balls.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only a week-long affair. I gave them a number, they said not a chance so I countered and after a week, they said okay.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Labor Ready in April 2010.

Interview

After submitting my resume I had a phone interview with the District Manager (DM). Next was a call from HR, where I took an over the phone aptitude test. Then I had a face to face meeting with the DM, followed by phone interviews with an Area Sales Manager and then the Area Vice President. Finally I met the DM again to go out in the field and do presentations. I then had a full background check run and was finally offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest professional failure. What did you learn from it? How would you have handled it differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a flat salary for each position in the company.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Labor Ready in July 2008.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face with hiring manager (area manager)...then interview with co-worker (branch manager from another branch). Drug test, credit check, background check, personality profile.

The interview was laid back for me. They really wanted to see your personality and what you bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone urinated on the branch floor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Slightly...there is a base salary range for everyone coming into that role depending on location. I obtained the higher base and the other benefits were great so I didn't really have to negotiate anything that I wasn't happy with.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Straightforward. I met with several of the staff as well as senior level management. It was a relatively painless process as far as interviews go. It was a serious but cordial atmosphere. There is a good culture and they are helpful. They have experience hiring new people since it is a staffing company, so they know what they are doing. I would recommend this job to anyone interested.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Labor Ready.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted the next day by email to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview for the following week on Tuesday, I was called on time, the interview was 30 minutes or less. The phone interview was easy and more like an information gathering session. I was told to wait about 1 week to hear back but I was called the next day to schedule a face to face interview. Well that's where it goes downhill...the manager was very unprofessional, he cursed the entire interview and dug into my personal history...none of the questions were employment related. I would steer clear of this company. You have to be on call and use your own personal vehicle to transport workers occasionally. The shift starts at 5am and 10am so you're left to open up or lock up in unsavory neighborhoods.

Interview Questions

It's a shady business...I saw that once I walked in and saw no real ceiling on this place

Market Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Labor Ready (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

I lived in another state so they accommodated my situation. First there was a phone screen from the corporate office. Second there was a phone interview with the branch manager. I drove up and did a face to face meet and greet with the branch manager and met the team, the following day I had a formal, panel interview with the branch manager, the district manager and another branch manager. I received an offer roughly 8 hours later while I was in the process of driving back to my home state and started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Can you be flexible to multiple shifts and locations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was happy with my offer and start date.