Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics

2.1

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (Boulder, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

Talked to 3 current employees after submitting my resume via email. Talked about my past, what I wanted to do in the future, and something about me that stands out from others. They asked basic IT questions, that were not difficult. I had an easy time with this interview. If I were preparing for the interview process again, I would brush up on common problems that exist in a typical office environment running windows 7 and red hat linux.

Interview Questions

• If you had an error with a program that was frozen and you could not reach the task manager or the command line. How would you resolve this issue without restarting the machine?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (Boulder, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Called in and met with head of plasma group. She told me about current missions and that most of the current hiring is data analysis. I said I was more interested in engineering but 2 weeks later I was contacted by my current boss for a data analysis position. Still worth it.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to learn/apply MATLAB or IDL code   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available but automatic 50 cent pay increase after 30 days.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (Boulder, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Very casual talk about my experience with computer science. Expressed my desire to learn and work hard. Talked about the classes I've taken so far into computer science. I get a feeling that they want Sophomore-Junior level of experience. They do love to hire young undergraduates so that they can mold into the position to be more contributing to the team once they become aware of the company's tasks.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics.

Interview

I had a 20 minute phone call followed by a casual in person interview with 4 people. The interview was mostly non-technical followed by a few technical questions on the wipe board. About two hours after the interview I received a call to submit references. I was offered the job at the end of the following week.

The job had flexible hours especially during the school year. Extremely laid back work environment. There were also many other engineering students working there at the time.

Interview Questions

• Questions were primarily geared towards your academic career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (Boulder, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Went in and had a fairly short interview. The first part was a behavioral one, asking about my resume and past work experience, and the second part was a quick coding interview, with a fairly basic question to ensure I actually could program. Everyone was very friendly and professional, although I was interviewed in front of a panel of five people which was a little stressful.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Sat at a desk with the project manager of the project with the open position, a separate project manager, and another engineer on the project. I had worked there before as a student, but didn't know any of these people and it was a little intimidating.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Phone interview followed by group meeting. Having a nice portfolio with examples of work is very helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very open ended on my side. Should have had examples of similar salary for this area as a starting point.

Student Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (Boulder, CO) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was a brief meeting with a panel of three engineers. It was an informal event that lasted for about 30 minutes. It was more of a group discussion than an interview. The questions asked were straightforward and mostly aimed at assessing experience and qualifications. There we no technical "gotcha" questions.
    This did not apply to me, but I know that some students are asked to do a working interview (e.g. to model an object, etc.).

Interview Questions

• All that was asked were inquires about experience and qualifications.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (Boulder, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed in person and asked about my general programming knowledge. There were a few questions about data structures and languages, but nothing too extensive. Overall, it was more of a casual discussion than an interview. Two of the senior software engineers from LASP conducted the interview, but I never felt intimidated by them -- they were very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What programming languages are you most proficient with?   Answer Question