Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (Boulder, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Called in and met with head of plasma group. She told me about current missions and that most of the current hiring is data analysis. I said I was more interested in engineering but 2 weeks later I was contacted by my current boss for a data analysis position. Still worth it.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to learn/apply MATLAB or IDL code   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available but automatic 50 cent pay increase after 30 days.

Other Interview Reviews for Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (Boulder, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Very casual talk about my experience with computer science. Expressed my desire to learn and work hard. Talked about the classes I've taken so far into computer science. I get a feeling that they want Sophomore-Junior level of experience. They do love to hire young undergraduates so that they can mold into the position to be more contributing to the team once they become aware of the company's tasks.

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics.

Interview

I had a 20 minute phone call followed by a casual in person interview with 4 people. The interview was mostly non-technical followed by a few technical questions on the wipe board. About two hours after the interview I received a call to submit references. I was offered the job at the end of the following week.

The job had flexible hours especially during the school year. Extremely laid back work environment. There were also many other engineering students working there at the time.

Interview Questions

• Questions were primarily geared towards your academic career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (Boulder, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Went in and had a fairly short interview. The first part was a behavioral one, asking about my resume and past work experience, and the second part was a quick coding interview, with a fairly basic question to ensure I actually could program. Everyone was very friendly and professional, although I was interviewed in front of a panel of five people which was a little stressful.