Lactalis American Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

3.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lactalis American Group

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lactalis American Group.

Interview

Started with a phone interview because I did not live locally. Then I was brought on site and then had additional phone interviews with corporate. Process took a long time with corporate, but the site was very helpful and informative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made the wrong decision and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lactalis American Group (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Called by recruiter and scheduled for an interview the same day. Brought into interview with 4 more individuals within 3 days and offered position within the week. Overall process was quick and easy; although some of interviewers were difficult to understand due to strong accents

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lactalis American Group.

Interview

Standard but professional. I was recommended by a current employee, and was extremely qualified. They really needed to fill the position, so I was a perfect candidate. I was interviewed by the warehouse manager. and it was very basic. i was also briefly interviewed by an HR assistant who wanted to stress the French (owners) presence in the plant, and wanted to make sure I could handle having to randomly interact with them if I was approached and questioned about duties and procedures.

Interview Questions

• I was told that they had a very (ethnically) diverse workforce, and was asked how I would be able to communicate with an employee when there was a language barrier.   Answer Question

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lactalis American Group (Buffalo, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall the interview didn't go as I expected. The hiring manager spoke to me in a very condescending manner. His supervisor seemed disinterested throughout the interview. I would hope they actually read resumes before calling for interviews. They seemed disappointed when they realized I don't have the skills that were not listed on the job description and were not listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Do you have knowledge about the process of making cheese? (Not in the job description)   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lactalis American Group.

Interview

Soon after submitting my application, I was contacted for an initial phone screening with HR. I was asked a few questions related to the information on my resume. I was then scheduled to interview with four executive members of my department.The interviewers were friendly, and the questions were straight-forward (how my past experiences would contribute to various situations/roles/tasks).They emphasized their investment in their employees, and expressed their commitment to providing a hands-on experience in which interns are treated as regular employees, and to contribute as such.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with ambiguity, or how have you dealt with it in past situations? (because there is a lot of it when working in the Foodservice industry)   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nampa, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lactalis American Group (Nampa, ID) in March 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with the Human Resources person. This was handed off to the hiring manager for desicion on whether to follow up with an interview. I was selected for additional interview with panel. This was a phone interview that was not too long. Covered experience, goals, etc. Pretty standard interview.
    Attempted follow up but never recieved further communication.

Interview Questions

• Had lots of questions around experience in the industry.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lactalis American Group.

Interview

First an initial phone screen with human resources. Then I came in for a 2 hour interview with two sets of people interviewing me. Basically went through my resume and asked me some behavioral questions. I waited over 2 weeks to hear back from the company. I was ready to move on until someone from human resources called back and said that they were wanted me but had internal issues delaying the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Credit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lactalis American Group.

Interview

One interview by the Director of Accounting and HR. Director of Accounting presented Lactalis an innovative, professional and progressive place to work. Soon after starting I found most employees to be very unhappy and most management to be very unprofessional. I, like many employees became disappointed with my decision to accept employment at Lactalis. I honestly feel like I was intentionally deceived but I tried to make the best of it. At a later date, the Director of Accounting told me that Lactalis has a reputation on the street as "burn and turn" company..."We burn out our employees and turn them over." If you have to lie to people during the interview process what does that say about your organization?

Interview Questions

• When I asked why they had this opening, the Director of Accounting had a less than professional response about the previous credit manager.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not very difficult. I believe that Lactalis was flexible because they need to order to fill positions.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lactalis American Group (Buffalo, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Started with phone interview with someone in human resources. Then I waited a week to hear back about how the phone interview went. Then I came in to the office for the in-person interviews. Started with human resources, then went to talk to the marketing team. In-person interview process took 2 hours, 4 people interviewed me. Ended again back in human resources. Then I didn't hear back for almost a month.

Interview Questions

• All questions were straight forward, they just go over your resume.   1 Answer

Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lactalis American Group (Nampa, ID) in May 2013.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was called in for an interview with two engineers and given a tour of the facility. The whole process was about 90 minutes, and nothing stood out as odd or unexpected. The questions were typical and not too detailed because they knew I was still in school, and my experience/knowledge was still being developed. After accepting, I took a drug test and physical test (lifting weights and moving around, nothing difficult) then I had a day of company training where we learn the history, culture and safety procedures of the company, as well as fill out uniform sizing orders (paid for by the company) and other paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about glycol cooling systems?   1 Answer