Ladbrokes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ladbrokes Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham Cross, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (Waltham Cross, England (UK)).

Interview

Oline application
    1 interview usually by a senior member of staff, this particular interview was by the area manager.

CSM - MPM - AREA

As you can see the level of manger I was interviewed by.

Interview Questions

• Questions vary on previous customer service experience.

Scenario based questions such as
      " What would you do in the case of an angry customer"   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ladbrokes.

Interview

easy, applied directly on website, got called in for open day, had to do a 10 min sports quiz, which let me down - you can have a base knowledge and get by but think is just the ethos of the company, then had to write a reply letter to a customer complaint. Next interview with hiring manager, easy again.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cannock, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (Cannock, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Good Interview. Interviewed by store manager, very laid back interview. Mainly veering towards to getting an idea of what my personality is like. However also some basic customer service interview questions. e.g. Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?

Studio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gibraltar (Gibraltar)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (Gibraltar (Gibraltar)) in May 2017.

Interview

Without question THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL AND DISRESPECTFUL interview process I have every been involved in.

+ The phone interview was 20 minutes late and had to leave abruptly.
    + The interviewer offered me a second (final) familarisation visit and interview in person in Gibraltar on the call as it went so positively.
    + The role was supposed to be urgent and filled immediately so I made myself available
    + TWO WEEKS PASSED with no communication and organisation of the trip despite LadbrokesCoral saying it would be in 'the next couple of days'
    + Finally belatedly they told me 2 WEEKS later that they had found others more suitable and never had the courteous or respect to tell me, or honour their commitment.

Some how it went from great enthusiasm to no interest at all, without any communication.

Undoubtedly a company that doesn't value people and treats candidates with contempt.

A wholly unsatisfactory experience from a company who hasn't even had the courtesy to apologise for completely mismanaging the recruitment process and wasting my time.

Think twice before applying if this is how they treat people.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ladbrokes in March 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call on thursday and had to do a phone interview that lasted 3 minutes and consisted of questions like:"why do you want to work for ladbrokes" etc.

After that I was booked on an interview the following Monday afternoon.

I arrived 20 minutes early and was greeted by the General manager 10 minutes after I arrived.

She was very friendly and made me feel comfortable about the interview.

The questions she asked were all pre set by ladbrokes so she had to read them off of a piece of paper and write my answers down. Some of the trickier questions were: "can you name some upcoming sporting events?" "What is the Ladbrokes experience?" "If I told you to base your actions with the customer in mind, what would your actions be?" "Who are our main competitors?"
    These were questions that I wasn't really expecting - even after all of my research on interviews at ladbrokes!

After all the questions, she explained that I'll get a phone call within the next 7 days - even if I didn't get the job.

At the end of the interview I asked for some feedback on my performance, to which she responded by telling me it was a great I interview and that she could tell I have a knowledge and passion for sport and also she was impressed that I had a lot of knowledge of the company and recent events reguarding ladbrokes (the recent merger with coral).
    "You'd be surprised how many people that come in for an interview with absolutely no research done on the company"

Overall: it was a great experience but it has been 5 days already and I have not had a phone call from ladbrokes, so I'm assuming that I didn't get the job which is strange because I was hitting her with facts about the company that I could tell impressed her (listing countries that ladbrokes operates in and listing the countries they aren't allowed to operate in and why.

If you've landed an interview at this company, congratulations: this is a massive company and you should be proud of yourself. Remember to research!

Interview Questions

• who are our main competitors?   1 Answer
    • tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work for Ladbrokes?   1 Answer
    • any upcoming sportimg events you know of?   1 Answer
    • what sports do you enjoy watching/ keep up with?   1 Answer
    • what is our 5 point action plan?   1 Answer
    • what would you do if I told you to make all of your decisions with the customer in mind?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Answered some brief questions online before I received an email asking to get in touch regarding an interview. Some more standard interviews questions on the phone (why do you want the job?, etc.) and then they booked me in for an interview a week later at the store I had applied for.

The interview was very informal consisting of questions regarding customer service experience and research of the company. The whole thing only lasted around 30 minutes and I was told I would hear back within 2 days, I checked the status of my application online to find I had got the job.

Customer Service Manager (CSM) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

1-1 answering standard questions on customer service. You can get the questions on google. Learn about ladbrokes. Visit a shop. Ask questions. Learn about sports. Know how to use a tablet. Sell accounts is vital.

Interview Questions

• 1 hr answering various questions. What you want the job, tell us about Ladbrokes, tell us about a time you did good customer service etc .   1 Answer
    • 7 x 6   1 Answer

Negotiation

Holidays - hours - location - single scheduling opt out- Sunday opt out

Ladbrokes Apprenticeship Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kilmarnock, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (Kilmarnock, Scotland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online on the 6th December 2016 and got a reply a week later saying i had secured an interview. I was to phone a number on email to confirm i would accept the interview and giving a time for the interview. I was sent information on how to prepare for the interview and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Absolutley no questions asked as Ladbrokes never even bothered turning up to interview me at the agreed time at my local job centre. While a member of the staff at the job centre and the securtiy guard checked to see if anyone from Ladbrokes had signed in or were booked in, i was informed they had cancelled the day before as the 2 people to interview had declined!! I had no contact with Ladbrokes regarding anything other than coming for this interview. I phoned the gentleman who gave me my info and told him of the situation, I was told to wait for 30 mins and he would get back to me.

I never got a call back & the following day i emailed the gentleman who sent out my prep for interview and again no reply!!

Looks like a dodged a bullit here with this mob as it looks like they don`t have a clue on how to organise a basic interview or even have the common deciency to reply after all my efforts.   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (Harrow, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

had to completed the online application which includes assessment, followed a day for assessment and interview. Assessment involves some basic sports question and letter to write what do you do if you come across a unhappy customer. Face to face interview

Interview Questions

• competency based question, why ladbrokes, name the ladbrokes rival, scenario when you meet an unhappy customer   Answer Question

Customer Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and about two weeks later received a phone call on the Thursday. Asked me one interview question and arranged a face to face interview day on the Monday then went in for an interview and was offered a job straight after the interview.

Make sure you do your research!