Ladbrokes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ladbrokes Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2018

2.6

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ladbrokes.

Interview

The first port of call was to fill in an online application form for this role. All being said and done it was a nice and simple application process, with mostly tick box exercises, there were three questions which required written answers. Why do you want to work for Ladbrokes and what makes you suitable for the role? Please give an example of exceptional customer service you have either provided or revived and how was delivered? What is your favourite sporting moment and why? - personally I think I over analysed these but I would recommend putting some thought or research into them.

I personally while the application was processing did some further research on Ladbrokes and even visited the site to see what their current experience was like - I then did approach and speak with the manager and had a discussion about the role, the fact I had applied and my findings both positive and negative and what I would attempt to improve and implement if offered the role.

The next day I revived an email invitation for an interview, which was a standard interview about work history - service experiences- targets. Also flexibility and team development skills.

Following the interview I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ladbrokes and what makes you suitable for the role?   Answer Question
    • Please give an example of exceptional customer service you have either provided or revived and how was delivered?   Answer Question
    • What is your favourite sporting moment and why?   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with challenging behaviour?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about any targets you may of hit or exceeded   Answer Question

In-play Sports Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Friendly face to face interview with Department Manager and Team Manager, very easy going guys with a relaxed and upbeat attitude. Both asking questions and noting what was said and seem to work off each others responses.

Interview Questions

• Job Specific scenarios questions, working in the gaming industry, and a couple of competency questions.   1 Answer

Costumer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

video interview with 4 questions. On their Website i had to upload short video answers to their questions.
     next day i received a call to come for another interview.
    The manager asked me about 5 questions from notes that he had and some short discussion about myself and coral. Then he said he will call in case i get this job.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (Brisbane (Australia)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview runs at a low pressure way. The tech lead asked a lot about my general ability of learning new skills, working with others and problems solving. They focus more on what you can learn rather than what you can do now.

Interview Questions

• What do you like or dis link about JavaScript   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Very casual. Question about myself, my interests, and activities. How would you deal with a conflict or disagreement. After the interview I received an email a few day later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Whats your biggest strength and weakness?
      Why shoul I hire you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham Cross, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (Waltham Cross, England (UK)).

Interview

Oline application
    1 interview usually by a senior member of staff, this particular interview was by the area manager.

CSM - MPM - AREA

As you can see the level of manger I was interviewed by.

Interview Questions

• Questions vary on previous customer service experience.

Scenario based questions such as
      " What would you do in the case of an angry customer"   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ladbrokes.

Interview

easy, applied directly on website, got called in for open day, had to do a 10 min sports quiz, which let me down - you can have a base knowledge and get by but think is just the ethos of the company, then had to write a reply letter to a customer complaint. Next interview with hiring manager, easy again.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cannock, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (Cannock, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Good Interview. Interviewed by store manager, very laid back interview. Mainly veering towards to getting an idea of what my personality is like. However also some basic customer service interview questions. e.g. Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?

Studio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gibraltar (Gibraltar)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ladbrokes (Gibraltar (Gibraltar)) in May 2017.

Interview

Without question THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL AND DISRESPECTFUL interview process I have every been involved in.

+ The phone interview was 20 minutes late and had to leave abruptly.
    + The interviewer offered me a second (final) familarisation visit and interview in person in Gibraltar on the call as it went so positively.
    + The role was supposed to be urgent and filled immediately so I made myself available
    + TWO WEEKS PASSED with no communication and organisation of the trip despite LadbrokesCoral saying it would be in 'the next couple of days'
    + Finally belatedly they told me 2 WEEKS later that they had found others more suitable and never had the courteous or respect to tell me, or honour their commitment.

Some how it went from great enthusiasm to no interest at all, without any communication.

Undoubtedly a company that doesn't value people and treats candidates with contempt.

A wholly unsatisfactory experience from a company who hasn't even had the courtesy to apologise for completely mismanaging the recruitment process and wasting my time.

Think twice before applying if this is how they treat people.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ladbrokes in March 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call on thursday and had to do a phone interview that lasted 3 minutes and consisted of questions like:"why do you want to work for ladbrokes" etc.

After that I was booked on an interview the following Monday afternoon.

I arrived 20 minutes early and was greeted by the General manager 10 minutes after I arrived.

She was very friendly and made me feel comfortable about the interview.

The questions she asked were all pre set by ladbrokes so she had to read them off of a piece of paper and write my answers down. Some of the trickier questions were: "can you name some upcoming sporting events?" "What is the Ladbrokes experience?" "If I told you to base your actions with the customer in mind, what would your actions be?" "Who are our main competitors?"
    These were questions that I wasn't really expecting - even after all of my research on interviews at ladbrokes!

After all the questions, she explained that I'll get a phone call within the next 7 days - even if I didn't get the job.

At the end of the interview I asked for some feedback on my performance, to which she responded by telling me it was a great I interview and that she could tell I have a knowledge and passion for sport and also she was impressed that I had a lot of knowledge of the company and recent events reguarding ladbrokes (the recent merger with coral).
    "You'd be surprised how many people that come in for an interview with absolutely no research done on the company"

Overall: it was a great experience but it has been 5 days already and I have not had a phone call from ladbrokes, so I'm assuming that I didn't get the job which is strange because I was hitting her with facts about the company that I could tell impressed her (listing countries that ladbrokes operates in and listing the countries they aren't allowed to operate in and why.

If you've landed an interview at this company, congratulations: this is a massive company and you should be proud of yourself. Remember to research!

Interview Questions

• who are our main competitors?   1 Answer
    • tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work for Ladbrokes?   1 Answer
    • any upcoming sportimg events you know of?   1 Answer
    • what sports do you enjoy watching/ keep up with?   1 Answer
    • what is our 5 point action plan?   1 Answer
    • what would you do if I told you to make all of your decisions with the customer in mind?   1 Answer