Ladders Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn. Had a quick phone call to scope out interest and skills (and probed for salary range). Second phone call for actual phone screen; asked basic questions about algorithms/data structures, backend, Linux, and other dev tool knowledge. 3.5 hour on-site visit included two coding questions on paper; OO modeling and one more algorithm question on whiteboard; and talk with HR director. Follow-up on-site was a 1/2 hour discussion with an engineer from a different team than in the first round.

Technical portions definitely require prep but were well executed on their part. Each meeting wasn't a lecture, but a conversation, and the interviewers were polite.

Ultimately, they decided I was a good cultural fit, but lacking enough experience for Level 2.

Interview Questions

• Teach me something (HR question).   Answer Question
    • Write a function that, given a string of words, returns the average word length.   Answer Question
    • Implement a hashtable with put, get, and keySet methods.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that, given a number n, prints all primes <= n.   Answer Question

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was very smooth and easy. One 30 min phone interview about JS basics.
    I met the team two times and every time about 2 hours.
    final step is talking to CEO which can override all other steps. Very Very nice people

Interview Questions

• Create a stack with substacks with JS. add and remove data like .pop and .push   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Several call interviews, followed by a long day of interviews onsite.

The onsite was long and stressful given the amount of context switching and questions. Be prepared for a long day, don't be afraid to ask for a short break! Everyone was personable and there were many interesting conversations, most of my one on ones went over their allotted time.

FP&A Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY).

Interview

Started the interview process with a phone screen with the recruiter followed by a phone screen with what I would consider a peer on the controllership team. The following week set up an afternoon in their office to interview with 3 people (HR, peer, and hiring manager) in addition to a brief office tour. A good portion of the interview felt like a test for culture fit. The hiring manager interview was a lot more technical and covered specifics relating to my work experience as it relates to finance.

After the interview process the final step should they decide to proceed is to meet with the CEO/Co-founder. There was a bit longer of a delay in getting feedback as to whether or not I would progress to the next step, but in the end they ultimately went ahead with another candidate.

Overall the interview process was fair and challenging as it should be for an organization looking to bring on some new talent. If you are adequetely prepared and can tell how your story and what you have been doing fit with what they are looking for it will be a good conversation.

Interview Questions

• On the spot, there was an ask for me to teach something in a rapid fire round of questions that caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical HR phone round followed by call with hiring manager. The interview process was really long with 8 back to back interviews on the same day. They're trying too many things so it's hard to make strong product recommendations. For product interview, they focus on how would you size the market, audience and revenue models. They expect PMs to be very tech savvy and understand the tech stack very well. Could not answer much of the tech questions in detail and it all went downhill from there. They gave rejection right after the interview stating they need candidate with more experience.

Interview Questions

• Write a sql query for partial string match? Explain the tech architecture of your previous companies?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

They recruited me through LinkedIn. After a call with the recruiter and a follow up with the hiring manager, I was invited to come onsite. The line-up of interviewers was switched up on the day-of so that I didn't talk to anyone on the development team. Everyone I met was really nice and seemed genuinely happy to work there. There were a few red flags for me, though, in terms of how they talked about their technical debt and debate about their value proposition.

After the in-person, I was given a pass because they decided they wanted someone with a development background. I wish they decided that before bringing me in -- it felt like a waste of time.

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round is a quick phone screening with the director of engineering. The next round is an in person for about 4 hours face to face with a couple people from their engineering team. You will code both on paper and white board and provide explanations for your work.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY).

Interview

primitive interview process, interview-ers ask to write code on paper and later ask to read it aloud, some of the interviewers are out right blatantly harsh and hit it hard when you do not get onto a concept: good practice ground for interviews

Talent Acquisition Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was really nice over the phone - he did not sound fake - he listened really well , and took my needs in account - I was able to negotiate a fair salary - I think it was a very natural and positive experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions about recruiting and HR   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was great I was able to negotiate a fair salary and the recruiter was very good at listening to my requirements and was able to deliver !

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was coordinating with their internal head of recruiting, who could not seem to keep track of my scheduling constraints. When the interview was finally scheduled, I spent half a day talking to succession of people: the recruiter himself, the head of their data science group, 3 different engineering directors, and then wrapped up with the recruiter again. Everything seemed to go swimmingly, people were using phrases like "I look forward to working with you." I told the recruiter when I needed an answer, since I had another offer in hand. He said 24 hours, definitely.

Never heard back from him. I can understand not getting an offer, but if I was worth spending half a day of senior managers' time, I was probably worth a quick phone call. Overall, poor recruiter experience, which is ironic, given TheLadders's purpose.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a product decision you made that didn't turn out well.   1 Answer