Ladders Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 19, 2016

2.9

FP&A Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY).

Interview

Started the interview process with a phone screen with the recruiter followed by a phone screen with what I would consider a peer on the controllership team. The following week set up an afternoon in their office to interview with 3 people (HR, peer, and hiring manager) in addition to a brief office tour. A good portion of the interview felt like a test for culture fit. The hiring manager interview was a lot more technical and covered specifics relating to my work experience as it relates to finance.

After the interview process the final step should they decide to proceed is to meet with the CEO/Co-founder. There was a bit longer of a delay in getting feedback as to whether or not I would progress to the next step, but in the end they ultimately went ahead with another candidate.

Overall the interview process was fair and challenging as it should be for an organization looking to bring on some new talent. If you are adequetely prepared and can tell how your story and what you have been doing fit with what they are looking for it will be a good conversation.

Interview Questions

• On the spot, there was an ask for me to teach something in a rapid fire round of questions that caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical HR phone round followed by call with hiring manager. The interview process was really long with 8 back to back interviews on the same day. They're trying too many things so it's hard to make strong product recommendations. For product interview, they focus on how would you size the market, audience and revenue models. They expect PMs to be very tech savvy and understand the tech stack very well. Could not answer much of the tech questions in detail and it all went downhill from there. They gave rejection right after the interview stating they need candidate with more experience.

Interview Questions

• Write a sql query for partial string match? Explain the tech architecture of your previous companies?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

They recruited me through LinkedIn. After a call with the recruiter and a follow up with the hiring manager, I was invited to come onsite. The line-up of interviewers was switched up on the day-of so that I didn't talk to anyone on the development team. Everyone I met was really nice and seemed genuinely happy to work there. There were a few red flags for me, though, in terms of how they talked about their technical debt and debate about their value proposition.

After the in-person, I was given a pass because they decided they wanted someone with a development background. I wish they decided that before bringing me in -- it felt like a waste of time.

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round is a quick phone screening with the director of engineering. The next round is an in person for about 4 hours face to face with a couple people from their engineering team. You will code both on paper and white board and provide explanations for your work.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY).

Interview

primitive interview process, interview-ers ask to write code on paper and later ask to read it aloud, some of the interviewers are out right blatantly harsh and hit it hard when you do not get onto a concept: good practice ground for interviews

Talent Acquisition Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was really nice over the phone - he did not sound fake - he listened really well , and took my needs in account - I was able to negotiate a fair salary - I think it was a very natural and positive experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions about recruiting and HR   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was great I was able to negotiate a fair salary and the recruiter was very good at listening to my requirements and was able to deliver !

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was coordinating with their internal head of recruiting, who could not seem to keep track of my scheduling constraints. When the interview was finally scheduled, I spent half a day talking to succession of people: the recruiter himself, the head of their data science group, 3 different engineering directors, and then wrapped up with the recruiter again. Everything seemed to go swimmingly, people were using phrases like "I look forward to working with you." I told the recruiter when I needed an answer, since I had another offer in hand. He said 24 hours, definitely.

Never heard back from him. I can understand not getting an offer, but if I was worth spending half a day of senior managers' time, I was probably worth a quick phone call. Overall, poor recruiter experience, which is ironic, given TheLadders's purpose.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a product decision you made that didn't turn out well.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Frist got a phone screen. The usually JAVA questions asked. Then went down there a few days later for a face to face interview and coding testing. Wrote code for them and did a whiteboard design of an object they wanted.

Interview Questions

• In the face to face they gave written tests. First write the code to find the average length of the words in a string. Next write the code to implement a hash table. Then whiteboard with another person to develop an object which will have a switch and an light bulb and than multiple switches and one light bulb.   1 Answer

Talent Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

At first, there was a phone screen with the recruiter.
    Then in the person round, there were three rounds with four people which included the recruiter, manager, team lead and a colleague too.
    Each of the rounds lasted about half an hour each.
    It was pretty smooth and the decision was made in a day.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ladders (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process at TheLadders was a much more positive experience than I've experienced at many other companies. I was first contacted by the internal recruiter Raynard and we scheduled a phone screening where we spoke about the position, the company, and my qualifications. I was then brought into the office for an in-person interview. When arriving, Raynard showed me around their office, which had a really cool, laid back start-up culture. For the interview, I met the head of Account Management, an Account Manager, an Account Executive, as well as one of the Directors. They were all very intelligent and passionate about the company, and excited about the direction that TheLadders is moving in. It was very conversational and there weren't many silly tricky questions that some companies may ask, they were just genuinely interested in my experience and determining if I was a good fit for the role. Overall, the interview process was very smooth, I loved the company and the people, and happily accepted the offer when presented