Lafarge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lafarge Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lafarge.

Interview

It was a long interview process because many of the folks on the panel were remote. I believe I had 4 phone interviews with various HR and hiring managers, and 2 face to face in the same day with the team leader and another HR member. However once the interviews were complete, the offer and hiring process went quickly.

Interview Questions

• They asked me several times about my work history and how my past fit into the role I was applying for.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lafarge in May 2014.

Interview

I applied by sending my resume to their HR. I was first interviewed by HR wherein I was asked about my career goals and about myself. It was a quick and very friendly interview. I was then interviewed by the manager who asked about the specifics (e.g. cost savings, recommendations) of past projects. We also had a technical discussion regarding certain engineering concepts. An hour after the said interview I signed a contract with Lafarge.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with different and difficult types of people?   Answer Question

Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lafarge (West Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

very fluid process interviewer kept it simple explained the position fully and made sure that I knew what I was in for and what I needed to work there

Laboratory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

A job posting process was launched describing the open position for internal and external candidates. After receiving applicants for the position a review of the work history from resumes was conducted and a short list of candidates was assembled. The remaining candidates were asked to complete an online profiling assessment. Interviews were scheduled with a panel of peers and management. The panel had selected a mixed list of behavioral and job specific based questions for the interview. All candidates were asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel I should select you for the position of Quality Manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, Wages were not easily negotiable do to structure in the Hay system. Relocation and work flexibility was open for negotiation

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a very friendly interview ; Started with a highly technical discussion with technical experts followed by detailed talk about personal situation, details of family - wife and children, mobility, how I would fit into different work culture and situations, people skills, management style, background, aspirations, reasons for leaving previous company and reasons to choose to join Lafarge

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sault Ste. Marie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge (Sault Ste. Marie, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume in early spring, heard back a few weeks later. Went into the interview where the interviewer (my future boss) reviewed my resume. He basically gave me an overview of what the job would be like, and asked when I could start. The company doesn't have many summer student applications, and they don't usually hire students for management, so the interview was more informal.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your engineering experience thus far will help you in construction materials management?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamshedpur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lafarge (Jamshedpur (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

placement procedure was held as a part of the campus recruitment program.
    The whole process included a written test of 90 questions in 45 minutes.50 questions were technical(mostly from analog electronics, power electronics and power systems/electrical machine) and 40 questions from verbal english.
    written test was followed by a G.D round in which 20% of students were selected.
    finally there was an combined interview round in which HR and techninal questions were asked.

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lafarge.

Interview

Recruitment steps: Appointment, Preliminary, Case Submission, Final Interview

Interview Questions

• How can you add value to the organisation once hired?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Vehicle Allowance

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in March 2013.

Interview

Good inteview, long time to offer the contract
    There are number of stages with top management, middle and HR director. Global management also conduct some interview processs.
    Clarity on the position also a bit vague at that time
    There are couple of interview with country CEO.
    Interview girat conducted bu head hunter and then the user and then thr global team. There was a long gap time afterwards before they submit final offer

Electrical Maintenance Section Head Interview

Interview

3 hr interviews, 2 technical,