Lafarge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lafarge

2.7

Sort:

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lafarge in May 2014.

Interview

I applied by sending my resume to their HR. I was first interviewed by HR wherein I was asked about my career goals and about myself. It was a quick and very friendly interview. I was then interviewed by the manager who asked about the specifics (e.g. cost savings, recommendations) of past projects. We also had a technical discussion regarding certain engineering concepts. An hour after the said interview I signed a contract with Lafarge.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with different and difficult types of people?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lafarge.

Interview

It was a long interview process because many of the folks on the panel were remote. I believe I had 4 phone interviews with various HR and hiring managers, and 2 face to face in the same day with the team leader and another HR member. However once the interviews were complete, the offer and hiring process went quickly.

Interview Questions

• They asked me several times about my work history and how my past fit into the role I was applying for.   1 Answer

Laboratory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

A job posting process was launched describing the open position for internal and external candidates. After receiving applicants for the position a review of the work history from resumes was conducted and a short list of candidates was assembled. The remaining candidates were asked to complete an online profiling assessment. Interviews were scheduled with a panel of peers and management. The panel had selected a mixed list of behavioral and job specific based questions for the interview. All candidates were asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel I should select you for the position of Quality Manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, Wages were not easily negotiable do to structure in the Hay system. Relocation and work flexibility was open for negotiation

Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lafarge (West Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

very fluid process interviewer kept it simple explained the position fully and made sure that I knew what I was in for and what I needed to work there

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lafarge.

Interview

Questions were asked about quenching, annealing, stress - strain graphs and other technical questions about bearings etc. The interview went well after which I took up the job the very day itself.

Assistant Manager Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge (New Delhi (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

Comapny was looking to hire the ASM for Region and I applied thru one of my known dealer.

Interview Questions

• Detail of Previous client ,their contact detail.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their were less negotiation in terms of salary offred.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkuk (Iraq)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge (Kirkuk (Iraq)) in June 2015.

Interview

they called me first on phone to a set a meeting day. then, they called me again before one day from the interview to make sure I will come on time. on the day of the interview, I went to the site for lafarge in Bazain, Sulimani, Iraq. my name was given to the grads so they let me in. after that, I met the interviewer, who welcomed me and we had 30 min discussion about my educational background. then the interview end with high respect.

Interview Questions

• what was your capstone project?   2 Answers

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge (Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)) in April 2011.

Interview

interview with HR and the manager of the area. A case study was applied. An official offer was made, but it was low; therefore a negotiation was held to increase the base salary. All documents were presented and within 2 weeks, I started working.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge in June 2008.

Interview

Contacted by the staffing agency
    2 interviews took place

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamshedpur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lafarge (Jamshedpur (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

placement procedure was held as a part of the campus recruitment program.
    The whole process included a written test of 90 questions in 45 minutes.50 questions were technical(mostly from analog electronics, power electronics and power systems/electrical machine) and 40 questions from verbal english.
    written test was followed by a G.D round in which 20% of students were selected.
    finally there was an combined interview round in which HR and techninal questions were asked.