Lafarge North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lafarge North America (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

My interview was with the Finance Manager and was very straightforward and casual with no surprises. It lasted about an hour. The overall interview went well and all signs indicated that he liked me and was ready to proceed to the next step. However it was two months before Lafarge got back to me and by then I had already found a job somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a personality conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lafarge North America (West Lafayette, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview, they didn't really schedule anything they just called and asked if it was a good time to talk. I don't have anything else to say but glassdoor says that I need to meet their 30 word minimum.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge North America (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

I didn't have that first phone interview with HR that most candidates get. Instead, I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview. The people I interviewed with were very courteous, and I thought I did well in the interview. Unfortunately I didn't get the job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lafarge North America.

Interview

Hard to reach HR team for follow up to setup interview

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge North America (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The IT organization was undergoing a major transformation and there was a tremendous lack of clarity in the future direction of its members. It was a long, difficult road the eventually lead to one of the best work experiences I have ever had the privilege to enjoy.

Interview Questions

• If hired, what special qualities would I bring with me?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge North America (Westminster, CO) in October 2009.

Interview

Great HR person, asked good questions. 2 Superiors on another panel, local guy seemed to want local experience, Corporate manager wanted Corporate experience. This I did not posses.

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sun City, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge North America (Sun City, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

Received a phone call in response to my online application and an invitation to interview. The first interview went well, and I was called back for a second interview to meet with two other department heads. The second interview also went well, although the meeting with the two other individuals was rather short in duration. The second interview concluded with more time spent with the main department head. The conversation headed into "offer letter, drug test, background check" territory without any discussion of salary being mentioned. When I did bring it up, that was when I learned the salary range was $10,000/yr less than what I was looking to make.

Interview Questions

• The question wasn't difficult, but it was posed more than once, and it was "How comfortable are you with placing collection calls?"   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lafarge North America (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

The 1:1 consisted of interviewing with each member of the team (3 one on ones); approx. 3 hours long. The HR Manager was boring and uninviting. He asked questions irrelevant to the position, seemed very judgmental, and uninterested in what I was saying. Other 2 interviewers were great! Know your stuff with this company. The interviewers ask a great deal of industry specific questions. They also conduct a vocabulary test -- asked me the definitions of words that I would say such as Human Capital -- this is definitely not standard procedure. Also, be prepared to answer the same questions multiple times seeing as how you will interview with each person separately. They also ask if you have any other questions several times, even after you have asked questions throughout the interview. So prepare to ask a lot of questions I guess. Overall, not the best experience and I was not happy about interviewing for 3 hours.

NOTE: I was told that after the 1:1, I would be asked to interview with the Regional Director as well. This is a bit too lengthy for an HR Generalist position. They did, however, send an email 2 weeks later stating I was not moving on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• What is the definition of Human Capital?   1 Answer

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lafarge North America.

Interview

I applied online, on Lafarge website, after 2 days received phone call from coordinator, for interview with Process manager who has more than 25 years experiences in process Management on cement and He was so professional at his job and also he was good in his interview process.

Interview Questions

• It was technical interview , and I believe, it was professional interview with Process manager who has more than 25 years experience in this position . and for me It was not hard ,but because of my English speaking , I am not satisfied with that.   Answer Question

Production Control Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lafarge North America (Albany, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

People in the plant are very nice, outgoing and would make a great team.

Phone interview, followed by a trip to the facility. Took less than a week start to finish. I ended up spending 11 hours waiting for a tour. Followed by an interview that lacked technical discussion. Production Superintendent mostly talked about water blasting and ended with a will you take a Quality Control Technician position. I tried to be polite but very upsetting. Now I am still waiting for hotel and rental car reimbursement ($400) after 30+ days. I invested 3 days, 2 nights and cash- for maybe 2 hours of interaction.

I hope this experience in not typical of Lafarge.

Interview Questions

• If I would take the ACT college admission test.   1 Answer