Lafarge North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.7

Human Resources Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lafarge North America (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiting Manager scheduled an in-person interview panel without performing a phone screen, which was completely odd. I had two group interview sessions, back-to-back.

The first interview was with an HR Admin Assistant and the Recruiting Manager, the other with a Senior Recruiter and a Compensation Analyst. The job description wasn't finalized, so the interview was just me explaining my background. When it was my turn to ask questions, they couldn't answer a simple question about their own company culture.

The second interview was even more bizarre as it didn't seem either one was prepared to interview me and knew nothing about my background, despite having a resume right in front of them. I'm not sure the Compensation person even knew why she was there at all. The recruiter wanted to know why I was asking her about company culture as she said it had no relation to the job itself. When I asked about the North America office's relationship to headquarters, she kept insisting we were in the headquarters (the company is headquartered in France).

Completely off-the-wall experience. I might expect this kind of amateurish behavior from a small business interview, but could not believe this happened with a large multi-national company.

Interview Questions

• Is it an easy commuter for you to get to this office?   1 Answer

Production Control Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lafarge North America (Albany, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

People in the plant are very nice, outgoing and would make a great team.

Phone interview, followed by a trip to the facility. Took less than a week start to finish. I ended up spending 11 hours waiting for a tour. Followed by an interview that lacked technical discussion. Production Superintendent mostly talked about water blasting and ended with a will you take a Quality Control Technician position. I tried to be polite but very upsetting. Now I am still waiting for hotel and rental car reimbursement ($400) after 30+ days. I invested 3 days, 2 nights and cash- for maybe 2 hours of interaction.

I hope this experience in not typical of Lafarge.

Interview Questions

• If I would take the ACT college admission test.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lafarge North America in February 2015.

Interview

Brief HR interview done on campus then got a call the next day from HR rep, from there had a phone interview with a plant manager and another higher staff member

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lafarge North America.

Interview

I applied online, on Lafarge website, after 2 days received phone call from coordinator, for interview with Process manager who has more than 25 years experiences in process Management on cement and He was so professional at his job and also he was good in his interview process.

Interview Questions

• It was technical interview , and I believe, it was professional interview with Process manager who has more than 25 years experience in this position . and for me It was not hard ,but because of my English speaking , I am not satisfied with that.   Answer Question

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge North America (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Online application followed by phone interview. The managers doing interviewing and hiring was excellent. However, the HR representatives were slow, sometimes unresponsive. Overall it was a positive experience. A pretty normal interview for a college internship position.

Area Purchasing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge North America in May 2014.

Interview

3 phone calls...2 with different HR staff and one within target department. One on-site interview with total of 5 people over two interview periods. All the people I spoke to were great. The results of my company research on past and current performance looks good, and from my standpoint appear to be looking to the future. After the on-site interview, I'm not sure if I'm the best fit for this position, but not for reasons of doubting the company, potential colleagues, or my ability to perform the job. I received a follow up from HR on my impressions. I would not hesitate to talk to them about other opportunities.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lafarge North America.

Interview

Not too hard of an interview. Two interviews both were with at least two people. Mostly wanted to see if you had relevant skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you seeking other opportunities?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lafarge North America (West Lafayette, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview, they didn't really schedule anything they just called and asked if it was a good time to talk. I don't have anything else to say but glassdoor says that I need to meet their 30 word minimum.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lafarge North America.

Interview

Hard to reach HR team for follow up to setup interview

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lafarge North America.

Interview

In person interview with immediate supervisor and her (future) immediate supervisor. Additional phone interview with other Marketing Directors.

Interview Questions

• Asked to make predictions about the Cement industry from a strategy, economic, or marketing perspective.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the high end of my salary range.