LafargeHolcim Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LafargeHolcim Interview Questions

Interviews at LafargeHolcim

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LafargeHolcim in May 2019.

Interview

Received an email requesting to schedule a phone interview. Human Resources was cooperative with working to obtain a convenient time for the interview. While I was not trained in the operating system needed, I do feel I was given false hope regarding being considered.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LafargeHolcim (Rolla, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

I met them at my career fair. After talking with the recruiters, they told me I was the exact person they wanted to fill an intern position this summer. They gave me a time to interview with the 2 recruiters I met. At the interview, they ask very basic interviewing questions. They then told me they would get back to me soon after going over all the applicants. They emailed that they were impressed with my interview and get back to me within a couple weeks. They never emailed again... I almost contacted them, but I was offered a position elsewhere.

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LafargeHolcim (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It went very smoothly, I was contacted via email after having applied. When I came in for the interview, everyone was very friendly. The company focuses on safety and you can tell the second you step foot in their office. The interview went well, they were very honest with regards to the position, what it entails, and they answered every question I had head on. I thought the process was smooth and effective.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position?   1 Answer

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LafargeHolcim (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Very laid back interview process. I meet first with the HR director before meeting with direct supervisor. Very unusual process from what I have experienced in past interviews. I met with both for 45 minutes each. They both rated all of the applicants and offered a position to the candidate that received the highest average rating between the two.

Interview Questions

• If you are offered the position what are your long term goals with the compan?   1 Answer
    • Can you think of a situation in your professional life that if you had the opportunity to do over, you would? What was the situation and what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LafargeHolcim (Chicago, IL).

Interview

When I left the interview, I sensed that the company is in dire need of new leadership. I felt like I was back in the early 1980 when asked a specific question about my personal life. One interviewer asked a question, we were interrupted, and she never asked me to continue with my answer...very engaging.
    I was last on the list of interviewee's and everyone made comments on how tired they were.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your personal life? Will you personal life affect your ability to do the job?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LafargeHolcim in April 2017.

Interview

Had a single phone interview with the HR manager of the plant. They were very nice and easy to talk to which made for a pleasant interview. All in all it was a pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a team, what your role was, and how it played out.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LafargeHolcim.

Interview

I had an interview over the phone with a recruiter. I was asked about what was on my resume and if I knew about the company. Also, she asked if I had any experience with PLCs. Overall it went pretty well and was told that by the recruiter. She said she would get back to me with the next step (an on site interview). However, they canceled the position and asked me to put in an application to another plant that needed electrical engineers. I did and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a PLC is and do you have any experience using them?   Answer Question

Production Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LafargeHolcim (Midlothian, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

First, I got an email from the recruiter and scheduled an on-phone screening. Then followed by a phone interview for 30 minutes, asking questions about my personality and my past experiences. Then, I was invited for an on-site interview and an on-site tour and lunch in the same day. The interview went for 40 minutes roughly with 3 people interviewing me at the same time. Then after finishing the on-site tour, they apologized for the lunch as they were having problems in the factory that needed their attention. They told me to wait roughly a week for the reply. They replied back after two weeks apologizing that they've taken a former intern in the company.

Interview Questions

• From 1-10, how good are you in Microsoft Excel?   1 Answer

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LafargeHolcim (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

The recruiter called me and conducted a phone screening. Included some basic questions about my profile, desired salary and the reason for applying to the job. It was fairly simple. She called me again that afternoon and scheduled an interview at the plant for the following week.

At the plant, both the HR manager and the plant manager interviewed me at once. There were some general questions about my resume, experience and how I would fit into the job profile. This was followed by a tour of the facility where the plant manager and I had a good technical discussion about the manufacturing process and how I could contribute to the job. We came back to the interview room and I asked them some questions. The overall interview was easy and I had a feeling that they liked me. They finally said they would get back to me in a week. I gave them my business card, they didn't have one to give me.

A week later I emailed the recruiter. Since there was no reply, I called her the next day. They never gave me a result and didn't repsond to my emails or phone calls. I have interviewed with several companies before and never faced this kind of treatment after an interview. I took a day off from work and spent considerable money to attend the interview. The least they could have done is to respond to my emails. I hope the company rectifies this sort of unprofessional behavior towards interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What kind of career path are you envisoning for yourself?   1 Answer

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LafargeHolcim (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter in Texas. She was very specific and strong. Process moved very quick within couple of days I was scheduled for an phone interview with the HR director and the hiring manager. I week later they flew me to the site for cultural fit interview after they established technical qualifications and credibility.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I would be comfortable processing day-to-day requisitions and purchase orders and whether I would be willing to do strategic work.   1 Answer