Lahey Hospital & Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2018

2.6

Patient Access Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (Burlington, MA) in February 2008.

Interview

3-4 persons

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center.

Interview

Informal. Met with two managers on two different sites, neither manager had a set group of questions. HR needs to get your resume before management can interview you. Had one interview in-office and then negotiated with HR on salary. After I accepted the position HR dragged their feet for a month. After paperwork is processed and a basic physical is completed, you need to complete a full day of training before you can start work.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work full-time? How long have you worked within this industry? And other industry/talent specific questions. I ended up asking as many questions as they did.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (Burlington, MA).

Interview

The group of doctors and other professionals were very nice and friendly. They made the entire process calm, easy, and simple to go through. It was an all day event where I met with multiple people so it wears you out a bit but it's definitely worth it when you see the great things the hospital is doing.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (Burlington, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

A little miscommunication in the beginning. I was suppose to meet with someone in HR but they never showed up. I then went to the main hospital building to meet the second person and it went very well. I was sent back to HR to fill out paper work and take a mini test. Very simply just easy math. They contacted me about the job four days later, very quick. Y

Interview Questions

• What would you do to make a perfect working environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (Burlington, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

HR was very thorough and the interview was a very positive experience. It was more like a friendly chat between friends. This helped to alleviate any nervousness. Once hired there was a full week of hospital orientation, followed by orientation to the unit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lahey?
      Why did you pick this unit?
      Why do you want to work in nursing?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (Burlington, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview was set up through human resources. I arrived and met with two people, the department manager and the person I would be working with. There was no problem with my being able to complete the requirements of the position. In fact, the manager commented I was overqualified. This was a part time position, where I would take a huge loss in pay from my previous position. I was very interested in obtaining a position, but not this interested. I was told I could work condensed hours, and choose the days. However, if they got busier, could I take on a more responsible project, and hours? Also, would I be willing to work full time, and if i wanted, I could even work Saturdays. Then, when I was asked if I would be looking for a full time job, the manager became angry when I was honest. It soon became evident this was a one way street.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for full time?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Usually somebody from HR will call you first and then you will have 1:1. There is no base interview process. If director likes you, most likely you will get hired. They don't pay good. They have gone as far as having 1 manager with only 1 employee reporting to them. They will squeeze every drop they can out of you before they look at other options (hiring more employees). Horrible planning throughout the company. It is a battle to be able to acquire necessary resources to perform your job. There is not enough room here to properly explain how awful this place is. This place is good for you if you want to face the biggest challenge that you could ever imagine, and if you are ready to say good bye to any life outside of work. There is a reason why everywhere you turn there are people looking to leave.

Interview Questions

• I heard from a new colleagues it's all about luck, no equal opportunity. Management is extremely bias and shows obvious favoritism.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is take it or leave it. New hires are without experience, and they got hired only because $12 an hour is good for them.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (Burlington, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a brief interview conducted over the phone and in person. I met with the head of the department for lunch. Most were technical questions about how I might implement the desired program.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

HR is not professional.

I got an interview with director and managers. It was a great conversation and people are very nice and professional.

I got the second interview soon to talk with teams. I prepared a lot and felt excited about this opportunity. Two days before the interview, the HR partner called me suddenly asked me, do you need a sponsorship. I said yes. She said, sorry, I will cancel your next meeting with teams because we don't provide sponsorship. She doesn't reply my email anymore.

The HR is very unprofessional. She didn't do her homework as an HR. When I applied for the job online, she should notice that I checked box - Need a sponsorship. The process took two weeks. She wasted both my time and manager's, teams time.

Anyway, it will be nice to work with supply chain teams. They are professional and excited about their work. It is still a good experience.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Billerica, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (North Billerica, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Spoke at length with the recruiter regarding the position and my qualifications. Reviewed the JD and verbally "marked it up" with him. As I am not a PMP it was clear this position may be a reach but it was interesting so I pursued it anyway. However, Lahey requires written recommendations in advance and I did not have any specific to this position. I have a lot of experience in project management but no formal training or certifications such as a PMP. So I was uncomfortable requesting a specific recommendation in this area.

Interview Questions

• 1. Experience with Exchange Architecture
      2. Overall experience in IT