Laidlaw & Company UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Laidlaw & Company UK Interview Questions

2.1

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Simple equities brokerage firm, looking for money hungry candidates to do cold calling and develop a book. Started with a phone interview from someone in a position similar to you if you were to be with the firm for 6 months or so, then a follow up in person, then if all goes well, goes to the director. Looks for money hungry people.

Had another offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

10 minute interview with very, very basic questions. Met with a guy who couldn't have been over 30. He was incredibly informal, to the point of unprofessionalism. He also talked poorly about his coworkers which was a huge turn off as far as how I left feeling about the company culture. He proceeded to text me a week later, as a opposed to responding to the thank you email I had sent him, to let me know I didn't get the job - but offered to get coffee or drinks....

Stock Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The entire process was very thorough. It was a multi interview process. The first interview was a meet and greet as well as check out the office. The next step was meeting the boss along with the compliance.

International Investment Bank Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through Indeed. 20 mins later I got a phone call asking several questions about my resume. I only had one face-to-face interview with a managing director and it was really quick, about 15 mins.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK.

Interview

Mostly fit related questions, quick interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Fit type question, also relevant knowledge of the industry   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK.

Interview

A joke - just come in and tell them you are willing to call people all day and be a robot for them

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Investment Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was smooth and easy. The San Francisco office is small and the interview is not intimidating in any way. They want to know why you are interested in Finance and Stocks and what your general education background is like. The interview will start with basic questions. They want to get to know you first and they will ask you where you are from and why you like San Francisco.
    Be prepared to talk about yourself, but also ask questions during the interview because these guys like to talk about their accomplishments and it can make the interview process go smoother. They basically want to get an idea of who you are and what your interests are. It is not an interview where you will be hammered with difficult questions. They will not try to intimidate you at all. It is a very friendly interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this internship and what is your educational background, where are you going to school and what are you studying? What are your hobbies?   1 Answer
    • Would you be able to pass a drug test?   1 Answer
    • What are your favorite sports and did you play in High School or college?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is a paid internship and there is not much negotiation you will be able to have with pay.
    The pay is minimum wage and the hours range from 7:30am to 2:30pm
    On Fridays you get off at 1pm (Market close on east coast).
    Scheduling is negotiable. I worked full-time for a whole summer and then switched to part-time for an entire year after that summer as I was still in school.

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Casual conversation. Made sure you had right mentality and mindset. Explained potential, role and responsibility. Nice office. They could have outlined their required hours, day in work and salary. Nice guys, they made it clear you have to work hard.

Stockbroker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Depending on which group you work for , be prepared to bring your A game. Dress for a Wall St firm , Casual dressing will likely leave you at the front desk. Talk loud .

Interview Questions

not enough money to stat

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Laidlaw & Company UK (New York, NY).

Interview

Efficient, but spotty. May be that senior people are too busy running company. Department is in a minor build-out, but it will remain small. Did not spend time with salesforce, so marketing side of firm is unclear. But overall seem like they are trying to rebuild shop.

Couldn't reach agreeable terms.