Laika, Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Laika, Inc Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.2

3D Animator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laika, Inc in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter emailed and setup a time for a phone call. It was a very nice conversation, talked about benefits, the position etc. Then setup a time for Skype interview with animation supervisor and lead animator.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Laika, Inc (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

Pleasant yet bordering on far to corporate for such a creative culture. At the end of the day I don't feel that the people I met were completely honest

Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Laika, Inc (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

They had three tiered interview process.

Almost didn't make the phone conversation cut, because I wrote a creative cover letter. (For reference, they like the boring banker ones). I was asked basic list questions. They were dead-set on wanting to class the role as industrial hygiene and an industrial hygienist for the job. It was obvious the role wasn't clearly defined as a safety manager role either. They also were paying under the minimum end of the curve for the position by -15k. Lastly, they made it clear they don't hire veterans for management roles.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you'll interact with artists being a veteran?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laika, Inc in January 2016.

Interview

Easy, and great communication. There was no long waits in between calls or emails and everyone I met with were very nice.
    The online application was very user friendly and upon submitting the application you received a confirmation on receipt of the application. Options for interviewing were great and varied to accommodate work schedules.

Stop Motion Animation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Laika, Inc (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I didn't actually have an interview. They just watched my demo reel, and read my cover letter. Then I got the offer. I also applied for the rigging internship, but they offered

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything. I just took their offer.

Set Fabrication Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Laika, Inc (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I did a portfolio review through my university. They looked through my reel and work, and gave very helpful feedback as to how to improve my portfolio . I did not apply online after the review.

Interview Questions

• The only question they asked was if I like to do animation more or fabrication. The rest of the time, they just looked at my portfolio.   Answer Question

VFX Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Laika, Inc.

Interview

Had two interviews over the phone. One with a recuriter and one with the head of the department.

Negotiation

I asked for higher pay and they said no.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laika, Inc.

Interview

do not have interview. everything depends on portfolio. So have a really nice portfolio.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Laika, Inc (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

Laika contacted me months after applying for this position. There were two interviews conducted over the phone followed by two interviews with different teams at Laika. Each time, I met with three or four people who I would potentially be working with. The interview seemed to go well. Unfortunately, the interview must have gone better for someone else because I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions

• When working, is it more important for you to learn new skills or to complete a task at hand?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Laika, Inc.

Interview

Applied in February didn't hear form them till June. One phone interview and then they called me to ask if I wanted the job.

Interview Questions

• they just asked me to tell them about what I had worked on and if I had ever had any workplace difficutlies   Answer Question

Negotiation

sent me the details and I accepted. Was the first job I was ever offered I wasnt going to aurgue.