Lakeshore Learning Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.4

Excel Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. Everyone is very nice and welcoming. If you make it to the next portion of the interview that requires excel, DO NOT listen to the person giving you directions. Listen to the instructions on how to do the document, but DO NOT use the internet to search answers. Also, they use a Microsoft Excel program that is extremely old compared to the new program that is out. You might have trouble finding some buttons. I would advise studying an older version.

Interview Questions

• Name some qualities that are needed for your current position if you had to hire.   Answer Question

Inside partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter who found my information online (LinkedIn/job board) for a quick phone interview. I came in the next day to meet the recruiter who briefed me about the company and the role. I also met with 3 additional people (manager, director and VP). The entire process took two days (due to schedule conflicts).

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should select you over other candidates?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was one on one. Very easy questions. It almost felt like I was having a conversation with one of my friends.
    They do make you wait a long time before your interview; even if you arrive 15 mins early! There are also plenty of steps to actually get a second interview. They make you take an excel test, but everyone there is super helpful.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently working?   1 Answer

Associate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA).

Interview

Someone from the company reached out and was interested in my profile and background. She wanted to set up next steps to speak with me and sent me the application to fill out. I went ahead and spent some time doing so. One question asked about disabilities and I was honest about accommodations. I followed up with the person at the company twice and never heard from her and could only assume it had to do with the questions asked in the application.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Maplewood, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview with HR name Allison, did a second one again over Skype. She was great and very easy to communicate with. Then went in and did interview with store manager and DM. Every one was amazingly nice, very detailed about company. All very passionate about what they do; all were also long-term employees (5-13 yrs) which I was really impressed with. Interviews were by far some of the best I've had. They make you feel very comfortable. I really love the concept of the company, I highly recommend. I was offered a position same day I went in for an in-person interview and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What makes a great leader/what makes you a great leader?
      What would your associates say about you?
      What were some of the challenges you've faced at your previous position?
      What makes a great company to work for/What are some things that makes a company great to work for?
      Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with a Human Resources rep. She wanted to bring me in as soon as possible for an in-person interview with herself and a hiring manager, which meant I had to take a day off from work. Since I currently work as a contractor, this meant losing a full day's pay. When I arrived for the interview I only met with the Human Resources rep. I felt misled because I thought I'd be meeting with the hiring manager on the same day as the Human Resources rep and wasn't prepared to potentially take another day off from work to go back in for a 2nd interview.

Since the Human Resources rep did not have a technical background, she was light on the technical questions, but instead lingered on an employment gap on my resume. The next day, I was told I did not get the job on the basis that I didn't go deeply enough into my background.

This turned out to be a very disappointing experience.

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I came into their HR office in Carson, which was in what looked like a dingy converted former warehouse. A plexiglass window separated reception from the linoleum-covered, flourescent-lit waiting area. I was asked to take a test, which oddly involved writing a customer service letter. It turns out that the job I applied for was not the job I was interviewing for. They wanted me to do something completely different from the original job description, but I was told that if I wanted to do some of the job I applied for, I could "do it in my free time." I had no interest in this and it was clear to me in the interview that this is a place with a top-down old-fashioned management, where employees are kept on a need-to-know basis. On a side note, the surrounding area is pretty depressing and there are no restaurants or anything. Not sure what employees do for lunch. I saw lots of candy dishes and some rather unhealthy-looking employees.

Tradeshow Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Interview

Met with HR for first round. They passed the information along to the hiring manager. I felt it was more generic questions for the first round, which isn't surprising since it was from HR. I received a very template email stating that other candidates were more qualified. When I replied and asked for feedback, I did not receive a response. Seems like a great company to work for that takes care of their employees if you can get in.

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I met with a recruiter who asked me to walk through my resume, which I went through starting with where I went to college. I also talked about some of the life and career choices I made throughout the years. I discussed a few detailed examples of accomplishments from a few of my previous jobs to give them an idea of how I work. At the end, the recruiter did not have any additional questions for me because I already covered the answers to some of the questions she would have asked me. When I was done, she told me about the company and the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Interview

They interview you one after the other. I ended up spending about 5 hours and met with 5 people. Initially they make you take a printed data entry test where you try to find the errors by circling them.