Lakeshore Learning Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.4

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA).

Interview

I received a call from HR. I was asked a few questions over the phone, then asked to come in for a one on one. I met with her the following day. Just the standard interview questions. I thought it went well and that we connected. I asked questions about the company as well as a standard day as an Inside Sales Rep. I'm assuming that it's difficult and very competitive to get hired on here.

Interview Questions

• What mistake have you made at a current or former job and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Freelance Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a great interview with Alexxa Transue, and later with the Managing Editor and Proofreader Manager. They asked insightful questions about my life and work experience and how I fit well with the company's established working milieu.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were very pressured by deadlines and amount of work. How did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Seasonal Order Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Five minute wait in the lobby, where the receptionist offered me water and/or coffee, and had me fill out a form with name, address, phone number, and availability. The interview was super casual, 1:1 with a very friendly corporate recruiter who explained the position, job requirements, told me about the history of the company. She sounded very proud of the establishment, and seemed very happy to be working there. After a couple questions, she had me take a couple of typing speed tests (words and ten-key). She explained the whole thing very well. It was super simple, and straightforward. After she reviewed my results in a couple of minutes, she offered me the position, and then went over salary, training and scheduling, which she had already explained during our earlier phone conversation to set up the interview date. All in all, it took around 20 - 25 minutes, and was a great experience. Fun even.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job, and what made you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, since I was happy with their terms. The only thing I asked was if this position could turn into Full-time, and she said that there's no guarantee, but if something opens up, the seasonal associates are the first ones asked, before looking outside.

Lakeshore Learning Materials Response

Oct 5, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to meet with us, and it’s great to hear you had a positive and easy-going interview experience. We’re grateful you chose to join us—and lend a hand... More

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The conversation was very personal. Right up front they try to get to know me on a personal level to understand my character. After, I was asked to to over my experiences. I was asked questions about my strong subjects in education and if I had a preference. I was asked to share my understanding of curriculum and my knowledge of it.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through indeed. I forgot I had applied and received a call from the manager a month later asking to set up a face to face interview. At the interview she asked basic retail situational questions. The interview went really smooth and felt like a normal conversation. I was notified 2 days later that I got the job. Working for Lakeshore was one of my best jobs ever. I only left because I wanted to receive more hours but the work was easy & the employees are great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum wage

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Interview

I interviewed with the preschool director one on one. I was hired on the spot and given a tour of the school and introduced to all the employees. I was told to come back the next day to get started on filling out the necessary paperwork and to meet the CEO of the company.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. I received a call to come in for an interview the next day after three weeks I applied at the store. I interviewed with two of the managers, the main manager first and then the assistant manager. They asked a couple of questions, some questions were asked by both of the managers. Overall, it wasn't too bad, they were just typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work here?
      We are very busy and have a lot of tasks for you to do. How would you go about dividing the tasks?
      How would you give customer service?
      What is good customer service?
      How are you with feedback?   Answer Question

Excel Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. Everyone is very nice and welcoming. If you make it to the next portion of the interview that requires excel, DO NOT listen to the person giving you directions. Listen to the instructions on how to do the document, but DO NOT use the internet to search answers. Also, they use a Microsoft Excel program that is extremely old compared to the new program that is out. You might have trouble finding some buttons. I would advise studying an older version.

Interview Questions

• Name some qualities that are needed for your current position if you had to hire.   Answer Question

Inside partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter who found my information online (LinkedIn/job board) for a quick phone interview. I came in the next day to meet the recruiter who briefed me about the company and the role. I also met with 3 additional people (manager, director and VP). The entire process took two days (due to schedule conflicts).

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should select you over other candidates?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was one on one. Very easy questions. It almost felt like I was having a conversation with one of my friends.
    They do make you wait a long time before your interview; even if you arrive 15 mins early! There are also plenty of steps to actually get a second interview. They make you take an excel test, but everyone there is super helpful.