Lakeshore Learning Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.4

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The conversation was very personal. Right up front they try to get to know me on a personal level to understand my character. After, I was asked to to over my experiences. I was asked questions about my strong subjects in education and if I had a preference. I was asked to share my understanding of curriculum and my knowledge of it.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through indeed. I forgot I had applied and received a call from the manager a month later asking to set up a face to face interview. At the interview she asked basic retail situational questions. The interview went really smooth and felt like a normal conversation. I was notified 2 days later that I got the job. Working for Lakeshore was one of my best jobs ever. I only left because I wanted to receive more hours but the work was easy & the employees are great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum wage

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Interview

I interviewed with the preschool director one on one. I was hired on the spot and given a tour of the school and introduced to all the employees. I was told to come back the next day to get started on filling out the necessary paperwork and to meet the CEO of the company.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. I received a call to come in for an interview the next day after three weeks I applied at the store. I interviewed with two of the managers, the main manager first and then the assistant manager. They asked a couple of questions, some questions were asked by both of the managers. Overall, it wasn't too bad, they were just typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work here?
      We are very busy and have a lot of tasks for you to do. How would you go about dividing the tasks?
      How would you give customer service?
      What is good customer service?
      How are you with feedback?   Answer Question

Excel Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. Everyone is very nice and welcoming. If you make it to the next portion of the interview that requires excel, DO NOT listen to the person giving you directions. Listen to the instructions on how to do the document, but DO NOT use the internet to search answers. Also, they use a Microsoft Excel program that is extremely old compared to the new program that is out. You might have trouble finding some buttons. I would advise studying an older version.

Interview Questions

• Name some qualities that are needed for your current position if you had to hire.   Answer Question

Inside partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter who found my information online (LinkedIn/job board) for a quick phone interview. I came in the next day to meet the recruiter who briefed me about the company and the role. I also met with 3 additional people (manager, director and VP). The entire process took two days (due to schedule conflicts).

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should select you over other candidates?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was one on one. Very easy questions. It almost felt like I was having a conversation with one of my friends.
    They do make you wait a long time before your interview; even if you arrive 15 mins early! There are also plenty of steps to actually get a second interview. They make you take an excel test, but everyone there is super helpful.

Associate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA).

Interview

Someone from the company reached out and was interested in my profile and background. She wanted to set up next steps to speak with me and sent me the application to fill out. I went ahead and spent some time doing so. One question asked about disabilities and I was honest about accommodations. I followed up with the person at the company twice and never heard from her and could only assume it had to do with the questions asked in the application.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Maplewood, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview with HR name Allison, did a second one again over Skype. She was great and very easy to communicate with. Then went in and did interview with store manager and DM. Every one was amazingly nice, very detailed about company. All very passionate about what they do; all were also long-term employees (5-13 yrs) which I was really impressed with. Interviews were by far some of the best I've had. They make you feel very comfortable. I really love the concept of the company, I highly recommend. I was offered a position same day I went in for an in-person interview and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What makes a great leader/what makes you a great leader?
      What would your associates say about you?
      What were some of the challenges you've faced at your previous position?
      What makes a great company to work for/What are some things that makes a company great to work for?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with a Human Resources rep. She wanted to bring me in as soon as possible for an in-person interview with herself and a hiring manager, which meant I had to take a day off from work. Since I currently work as a contractor, this meant losing a full day's pay. When I arrived for the interview I only met with the Human Resources rep. I felt misled because I thought I'd be meeting with the hiring manager on the same day as the Human Resources rep and wasn't prepared to potentially take another day off from work to go back in for a 2nd interview.

Since the Human Resources rep did not have a technical background, she was light on the technical questions, but instead lingered on an employment gap on my resume. The next day, I was told I did not get the job on the basis that I didn't go deeply enough into my background.

This turned out to be a very disappointing experience.