Lakeshore Learning Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.4

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with a Human Resources rep. She wanted to bring me in as soon as possible for an in-person interview with herself and a hiring manager, which meant I had to take a day off from work. Since I currently work as a contractor, this meant losing a full day's pay. When I arrived for the interview I only met with the Human Resources rep. I felt misled because I thought I'd be meeting with the hiring manager on the same day as the Human Resources rep and wasn't prepared to potentially take another day off from work to go back in for a 2nd interview.

Since the Human Resources rep did not have a technical background, she was light on the technical questions, but instead lingered on an employment gap on my resume. The next day, I was told I did not get the job on the basis that I didn't go deeply enough into my background.

This turned out to be a very disappointing experience.

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I came into their HR office in Carson, which was in what looked like a dingy converted former warehouse. A plexiglass window separated reception from the linoleum-covered, flourescent-lit waiting area. I was asked to take a test, which oddly involved writing a customer service letter. It turns out that the job I applied for was not the job I was interviewing for. They wanted me to do something completely different from the original job description, but I was told that if I wanted to do some of the job I applied for, I could "do it in my free time." I had no interest in this and it was clear to me in the interview that this is a place with a top-down old-fashioned management, where employees are kept on a need-to-know basis. On a side note, the surrounding area is pretty depressing and there are no restaurants or anything. Not sure what employees do for lunch. I saw lots of candy dishes and some rather unhealthy-looking employees.

Tradeshow Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Interview

Met with HR for first round. They passed the information along to the hiring manager. I felt it was more generic questions for the first round, which isn't surprising since it was from HR. I received a very template email stating that other candidates were more qualified. When I replied and asked for feedback, I did not receive a response. Seems like a great company to work for that takes care of their employees if you can get in.

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I met with a recruiter who asked me to walk through my resume, which I went through starting with where I went to college. I also talked about some of the life and career choices I made throughout the years. I discussed a few detailed examples of accomplishments from a few of my previous jobs to give them an idea of how I work. At the end, the recruiter did not have any additional questions for me because I already covered the answers to some of the questions she would have asked me. When I was done, she told me about the company and the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Interview

They interview you one after the other. I ended up spending about 5 hours and met with 5 people. Initially they make you take a printed data entry test where you try to find the errors by circling them.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Process was efficient & thorough. Very quick turnaround from sending resume to getting a call from HR recruiter. She asked me questions via phone, and I was scheduled for an in-person interview that same week. Everyone I encountered in the process made me feel comfortable. Good casual, upbeat friendly place- and the people I met represent the company well- their enthusiasm for the company is apparent and it made me feel like I'd be lucky to work there. Parking was a challenge, and the company location is strange- but I could tell by the people coming in & out that work there think it's a cool place. Had a good interview with the HR recruiter, she was honest & direct about what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• They dig into character at this company which threw me, but I liked the experience. They also really want to know that you do your homework-especially for a Marketing role, testing me on what I had learned about who their customers are, the website, favorite product at the store, etc. I was asked open ended questions like how I've navigated my way out of a difficult situation, and what's more important..solving the customers problem or giving the customer a peak experience? What have you learned from a past failure?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

very short and to the point. very pointed questions about how to manage people and what you do if they do not accomplish goals was a focus. having knowledge about education product is a big benefit

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time to had to make a difficult decision regarding an employees employement   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials.

Interview

Found job opening on CraigsList or a similar job site. Completed the application online then had to submit a paper one. Apparently the local hiring store cannot access documents from the corporate hiring website.
    Hiring Now signs are in this East Coast store.

Trade Show Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials (Carson, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Its a two interview process. I had seen this job a few months earlier and was concerned that it was available again. The previous employee had been promoted which is why the job was available and the base pay was about $50,000

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about your background and experience. She really just allowed me to talk about m experience opposed to asking a lot of silly questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lakeshore Learning Materials in June 2015.

Interview

Easy; I applied on a job board site and was contacted in a few days to set up an interview. I submitted a cover letter and resume to Indeed, and the store manager called me a few days later.