Lam Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

203 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

First round of the recruiting process being the online test, included technical and aptitude questions. This was conducted in the college campus. Results of the same were intimated a week later. For further rounds, we were called to Bangalore Office, where one Technical Round was taken. For the one who were shortlisted after this, HR interview was taken. Results of the same were made known after one week. I am glad to be one among them.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were focused on the topics like C programming, and the projects that I had carried out, along with some brain teasers.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lam Research (Tualatin, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Applied online on their website
    2. Behavioral phone interview with HR after 1.5 months
    3. Technical phone interview (resume based) by the hiring manager two days later
    4. Onsite technical interview 10am to 4pm with 10 interviewers 2 days later
          Some of them asked technical questions based on resume
          Some asked behavioral questiona
          Some asked technical questions based on the work they do at Lam
    Presentation based on my Masters research work from 4pm - 5pm attended by the interviwers
    Received rejection mail 2 days later
    Overall the process was very quick.

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Overall a positive experience, applied online though website, heard directly from the hiring manager within a week. Had a phone screening with the hiring manager and was brought in for an in person interview. I was interviewed by 5 people, 2 senior/staff level mechanical engineers or higher and 2 managers and 1 senior director of engineering. Including lunch.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a difficult problem I've solved and had me walk through all of the steps I took to identify and solve the problem.   1 Answer
    • Asked some general fluid Dynamics questions, what does the Reynolds number represent, and as a follow up: which floor region transfers heat through a tube better, laminar or turbulent flow, and then which fluid properties affect these.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA).

Interview

The interview process went smoothly and fast. First phone interview was with a recruiter. Second phone interview was with the hiring manager and technical. On-site interview included one presentation, followed by individual meetings with 7-8 engineers and managers.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

I heard about the job through a friend on Facebook and went through the Superior Group agency to get hired as a contractor. I was interviewed directly by the manager and 2 of the senior team members.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my experience was with proofreading and editing because I didn't have a technical writer background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Had my resume forwarded by a LAM employee and received a phone call from a hiring manager about a week later without any prior notice. Received a second phone call an hour later from another engineer in the same team. The same day in the evening received onsite interview invitation. A week after onsite interview, received verbal offer from the HR.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to join LAM after years of doing postdoc research? 7 out of 8 interviewers asked me this question.   1 Answer
    • One senior director in the R&D department asked me all technical questions for 30 minutes. Ranging from ALD processes to PVD ones. Make sure you know everything that you claim to know in your resume!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

There was two phone interview. First one was with the recruiter and the second one was with the project manager. I was expecting some technical questions from the project manager. But both of them asked all the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about lam research? and why you want to work here?
      Problem solving ability? Leadership?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

First round was with accounting manager. The interviewer was super friendly and wanted to know why I would like the internship, why Lam Research. The second round was with a treasury accountant and the manager. The second interview was more behavioral.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and setup an initial phone screening. Was told toward the end of the phone screening that the hiring manager/ group director will be calling me in a couple days for the second phone interview. I was offered an on-site interview by the manager.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Tualatin, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview by panel. Very long and defeating process. Not very difficult as far as questions go. After the interview they were very unprofessional, didn't have the decency to let me know I wasn't hired after going for an in person interview. Prior to the end of the interview, they acted extremely positive and nice. Seems like it was just a show. Ignored calls and emails to follow up. Some of their interviewers seemed very annoyed to have to speak with me. Many generic questions.

Internship Interview

Interview

The application took about one week. After submitting the resume, I got a phone call from HR to schedule an interview few days later. Overall it went smoothly, but no news and no offer after the interview.