Lam Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lam Research Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Gave a 1 hour presentation in the morning followed by about 6 hours of 30-minute one-on-one interviews. I was a little confused sometimes because a few times people were subbed out and they would even seem confused. Most discussions revolved around what the job would entail and I get much opportunity to speak until the problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job?   Answer Question
    • A couple of hypothetical questions about how to solve customer problems with the product.   Answer Question

Business Function Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Positive interview experience. Phone screening followed by Onsite (4 interviewers asking questions ). Total the process took 2 weeks, received confirmation after 3 days from the interview and letter followed 2 days after that.

Interview Questions

• questions about my previous experience and how I will be a good fit.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

One of the best interview process I had. I submitted my application online, was contacted by recruiter asking about the interest in the role and availability. I then had a phone interview with the HM, followed by an onsite which was scheduled the very next week. Onsite experience was very good with 1:1 interviews with about 6 people and then I had to give a presentation on a case study to the team. The case study was very specific to day to day issues in supply chain quite specific to the company/industry. Got my offer presented in 2 weeks. On the whole, a very efficient and fast process. I was having other offers to consider at the time and this fast process made it simple for me to make the decision.

Interview Questions

• You need to prepare a presentation on a case study and if you are not working in a relevant industry, it could take up a bit of time to make sure you come prepared.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lam Research in May 2017.

Interview

went to hiring event and interviewed with one manager. Manager look at resume and was looking for hand on experience using tools. Gave him an example about my experience in fixing my car.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions about tools and about experience using hand tools.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

Full day technical interview. I met one on one with the each team member and all the program managers related to the position. I gave a seminar talk on my previous research.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in my knowledge of process engineering for semiconductor manufacturing.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lam Research in April 2017.

Interview

First, an admin lady emailed me and told me that one hiring manger read my resume. He wanted to schedule a phone call with me discussing about potential opportunity. We set the date and I knew it was going to be technical.

The call with the hiring manager lasted about 30 min. He asked about the research in my PhD study since it is related to the work at Lam Research as a process engineer. A lot of technical details regarding tuning process parameters on specific plasma etching equipment. He also told me about his group, what they do and how well they are doing.

At the end he asked if I had any question for him.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge in your PhD work and how did you approach it?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the technical Expert of the team who wanted to understand my technical understanding which would benefit the team and wanted to understand what kind of a person I am and made sure to specify the exact work what they do .

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to learn from this internship?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lam Research (San Jose, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I got the phone interview from dry etch group. I was asked basic questions such as to describe a challenging project and etc. I answered with very detailed cases and I can feel the discussion was great... However , one week later I heard from HR the team think I need to improve my problem solving skills

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging project you worked on and how did you solve this?   Answer Question

Final Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lam Research (Tualatin, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Hiring event. Many people were applying at the same time. Interviewed with a Supervisor and a Lead Technician. The hiring event was through Superior Resources (a temp agency). Plan on spending about 4 hours

Interview Questions

• Asked to identify different parts of a schematic   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was first interviewed by HR and then hiring manager via phone, and finally got invited to an onsite interview. It lasted for a whole day from 8:30 to 5:30, during which I was scheduled to meet with 10 different people ranging from engineers to directors. Most questions are technical about my research and internship, and the interviewers were also patient to answer all my questions about the position and company. I also gave a 45-min presentation in the morning talking about my PhD research and internship, 1 hour in total with questions during the talk.

Interview Questions

• How did you know about Lam?
      What made you think about doing internship during your PhD?
      Are you considering the company you interned with for a full-time position? Why?
      What is the most challenging part of your PhD? What was your largest contribution?
      If you were to redo your PhD, what would you differently and why?
      How do you think of working as a process engineer? It may be more tedious than what you imagine.   Answer Question