Lam Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lam Research Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

NCG Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. I was invited for on site interview very quickly. The HM and the HR staff are the friendliest I've ever met.

On site interview is 4-5 1:1 with management level people from their different business divisions. 1:1 with HM. 25 minute presentation related to semiconductor, which all the interviewers will attend.

Questions are both technical and behavioral.

A technical question can have answer rooted in physics principles... Some will use skills you list in CV to generate questions.

Behavior question is pretty standard. They all focus on your response to situation and people. Having solid anecdote which demonstrate company values helps alot.

My suggestion for presentation prep is that you need to take your most significant work and repack it for a general engineering background audience. I study materials science and asked a mechanical engineer who works for Ford to let me do a practice run and give be suggestions for improving my presentation to make all the information I want to deliver easy to understand. He has earned all my cooking and baking forever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First email contact from HR, followed by a short phone screening with HR. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Went to on-site interview two weeks later. On-site interview was a full day, with a 1 hour presentation plus five one-on-one interview with managers in different groups, plus a lunch with a senior engineer.

Interview Questions

• Explain one of my graduate research project. How do you solve conflicts with colleagues. Also pirate game.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lam Research in February 2017.

Interview

The manager of the plasma etching group called me. He asked me to introduce myself, and asked a few questions about my previous experience I listed on the resume. Since I have etching experience, he asked more questions on what I have done with plasma etching, and how did I develop the recipe for the etching, etc. Later, he asked me some behavior questions, like problem-solving. He did pay much attention to this part and expanded the question to details like what if you didn't get expected result in the lab.... Last, he asked me whether I have experience in industry and whether I have taken classes about plasma. The manager interviewed me is very professional.

Process Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

start with 30 mins talk about my research, then interviewed with several manager. The whole process last the whole day. I was able to talk with 2 different groups. Overall experience was very nice.

Process Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was first interviewed by HR. The questions were mainly non-technical. The 2nd round was with a manager over the phone. He asked me questions about what I have done during my PhD Work. Was not selected for the final round.

Interview Questions

• HR question : If you could go back and do something differently in your research what would that be and how.   Answer Question

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lam Research (Tualatin, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

A short phone interview for background about my research. Ask questions about the experimental skills and why I want to join their company. The question is friendly and not difficult to answer. then I have been asked for an onsite interview.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Onsite one day interview. 45 minutes presentation plus 15 minutes questions. The questions were asked during the talk. 8 one by one interview, each lasts for 30 to 45 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lam Research (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After two phone interviews (HR and hiring manager), I got the onsite interview. I first gave a presentation about my PhD research for about 45min. About 7 persons asked several questions regarding my research. I screwed up on some of the questions...
    1 vs 1 interview is very not difficult. Most of the engineers are very friendly. Only one Indian guy asked some tough questions...

Buyer- Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lam Research (Tualatin, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Positive - I met with two folks from the team I would be working with. Neither of them were hiring managers - keep this in mind and ask ahead of time if you will be working with the hiring managers. They are just there to pre-screen. I could have had the interview on the phone but I chose to meet them in person to get a feel for the company on site.
    Total interview time was about 20 minutes and due to the semiconductor industry lifestyle, they both had back to back meetings and could not spend a lot of time otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of an issue that came up with a vendor and how did you resolve?   Answer Question
    • Are you sure you will be able to handle a fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA).

Interview

2-5 hour interview combined,I did not get lost finding the place because you will be escorted to the interview room.The interview was not too stressful but definitely took awhile.co-workers and managers will interview you.take note of the title of the managers and make sure to leave a good impression because they can make or break your chance of getting hired...

Interview Questions

• some technical stuff and experience with semiconductor tools   Answer Question