Lam Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lam Research Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Got two calls from them. The first interview was from a recruiter. She asked me some basic questions, nothing technical. The second call was from a group leader. He asked me about my graduate research. He is very knowledgeable about surface chemistry and really interested in my research.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Milpitas, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Long and Boring. Have you ever seen Office Space? It was kind of like that. I think one of the quys even had suspenders. Do I have to write more to satisfy your algorithm? If this were a real human you wouldn’t be messing with me like this.

Interview Questions

• Standard corporate cookie cutter questions. Have you ever been attacted to animals? Stuff like that.   1 Answer

Final Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lam Research (Tualatin, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was short only about 5 - 8 min and after telling the interviewer about me I was asked to try and read a schematic which I was not that good at. I left feeling confident and I was told they would call me in the next week.

Final Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lam Research (Tualatin, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

easy, fast, quick and direct questions and rapid feedback to hire, it was an job fair in the company on a Saturday and the interview took just 30 minutes, they needed to hire fast so they took it easy to hire people for ramp up

Interview Questions

• about previous experiences?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The entire interview lasted from 8:30AM to about 6:00PM. Although it was a long interview process, it was worthwhile as you can gain much insight into the company from the diversity of people interviewing you. You'll need to prepare and present a 45 minute to 1 hour presentation on a topic of your choice (choose wisely). The audience is a mixture of interested employees and interviewers. Nine people interviewed me in all and had lunch with the main hiring manager where he got to know me better.

Electrical Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Called by HR personnel and talked on the phone for about 20 minutes about projects. This is primarily to see if the applicant has a broad enough background to move forward. The next step was an off-site interview with the manager of the particular department. That interview was primarily talking about school projects (new college grad with no work experience, if the applicant has prior work experience then these conversations would focus on previous work projects). After that there was an on-site half day interview process that consisted of having lunch with a few potential colleagues. Then there were 8 half hour interviews with senior engineers and technical managers. These interviews were primarily based on talking about school projects and also seeing if I would fit in with the group. Also, one of the half hour talks was with the HR person that had initially talked to me over the phone. This particular conversation focused on the company and its structure and benefits. After this process there is the potential for a full day interview in which there are more conversations with engineers and there would also be a technical review presented by you to a group of engineers. This technical review is where the candidate discusses some technical thing for 45 minutes and then is followed up by a 15 minute Q&A. I did not make it to that stage, but it was mentioned to me as I was going through the process.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions consisted of ways to improve projects and also basic bode plot of a low pass RC filter, inverting and non-inverting op-amps and also analyzing a voltage divider circuit that utilized super position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

Easy, friendly people. Spoke to manager and 3 team members. Heard back quickly. The whole process only took about a week from the interview call to my hiring. Be aware that this may not be the case for everyone.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you made a mistake on a critical document.   1 Answer

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very long waiting time to get feedback from hiring manager after talking to human resource recruiter. But it moves faster after successfully completing phone interview with hiring manager. The company is in very busy mode right now due to booming business.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 most important items to program management?   1 Answer

Business Function Intern I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

They called me up and asked if I was interested. I said sure, then came the phone interview and they just asked the basic stuff about my resume and talked about the job details and if I was still interested. Then came the job offer after a week. Overall pretty quick and no more than 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe one of the internship experiences I had written down on my resume.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I got two phone calls, one from the recruiter and the other from the manager. Got invited to the onsite interview, but haven't gone yet. It was a really fast experience. Everyone is courteous.

Interview Questions

• give an example that shows your problem solving skills   Answer Question