Lam Research Process Engineer III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lam Research Process Engineer III Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was first interviewed by HR. The questions were mainly non-technical. The 2nd round was with a manager over the phone. He asked me questions about what I have done during my PhD Work. Was not selected for the final round.

Interview Questions

• HR question : If you could go back and do something differently in your research what would that be and how.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lam Research

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Entire process took about a month. Passed my resume to an alumni recruiter at the campus career fair and was contacted the next week for a phone screen with HR. After that phone interviews with hiring managers from two process groups. Was invited to onsite interviews with both groups. Interview days (~7 hours) consisted of a technical presentation and 30-40 minute 1:1 interviews, with hiring manager and managers from other process groups. Mostly discussed my research and career goals. Few behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase anisotropy during an etch process?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

One phone interview from HR. One phone interview from hiring manager. The last one is invited onsite. The onsite interview includes a technical presentation and the individual meeting (30~45mins) with many directors and senior staff from the company.

Detail question about my resume. Question about intuition on deposition and optics.

Interview Questions

• Behavior question: what will you do if you cannot get well along with your colleagues?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Talked to PhD recruiter for about 30 minutes with general questions. Scheduled several other phone interviews with members of the company for the next week. These were with engineers who were interested in the work on my resume and what sorts of work I was interested in doing with the company.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview started with a seminar delivered to the group based on my PhD research. The attendees were a mix of very sharp intellectuals who asked some important and difficult questions. I never felt attacked, but theie questions were very focused on the fine details of the work.
    The rest of the day was spent meeting with other various members of the group from managers to recent hires. The interview day lasted about 8 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at the company.   1 Answer

Process Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research.

Interview

The hiring manager called me for technical interview. We talked over the phone for 40 mins. He asked me about my research. He cared how my research related to his project.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a college recruiter who saw my profile on Linkedin and asked me to apply to a particular opening. She scheduled the initial phone interview within a couple of days, and then had a phone screen the same week with 2 members of the team. They called me for an onsite with the entire group the following week. 8 people interviewed me 1:1 and I gave a presentation at the end of the day. I heard back by the end of that week regarding their decision. Took less than 2 weeks from initial contact for the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were on the reactions and basics of etch processes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating is usually advised, but I didn't, since it matched the market's higher end salary for such a position.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Presentation for 45min. 6 interviewers asked technical questions. One HR person. And each engineer also gave at least hard and tough questions. Their main product is promising and they have high competition and proud of their products. If you have some information of their product or process, it will be helpful for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What you have beed done in your phD is different from what we are doing in here. How can you contribute in this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Interview was scheduled within a couple of months of original application.
    The interview process was prety rigorous, with 9 interviewers, and took the entire day. Had to give a 1 hour presentation talk coming from academia. Questions were not too technical, only a couple required discussion at the board.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve an undercut issue when etching silicon with top hard mask?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very short, I did not bargain since a needed a job fast.