Lam Research Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Gave a 1 hour presentation in the morning followed by about 6 hours of 30-minute one-on-one interviews. I was a little confused sometimes because a few times people were subbed out and they would even seem confused. Most discussions revolved around what the job would entail and I get much opportunity to speak until the problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job?   Answer Question
    • A couple of hypothetical questions about how to solve customer problems with the product.   Answer Question

Business Function Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Positive interview experience. Phone screening followed by Onsite (4 interviewers asking questions ). Total the process took 2 weeks, received confirmation after 3 days from the interview and letter followed 2 days after that.

Interview Questions

• questions about my previous experience and how I will be a good fit.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

One of the best interview process I had. I submitted my application online, was contacted by recruiter asking about the interest in the role and availability. I then had a phone interview with the HM, followed by an onsite which was scheduled the very next week. Onsite experience was very good with 1:1 interviews with about 6 people and then I had to give a presentation on a case study to the team. The case study was very specific to day to day issues in supply chain quite specific to the company/industry. Got my offer presented in 2 weeks. On the whole, a very efficient and fast process. I was having other offers to consider at the time and this fast process made it simple for me to make the decision.

Interview Questions

• You need to prepare a presentation on a case study and if you are not working in a relevant industry, it could take up a bit of time to make sure you come prepared.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the technical Expert of the team who wanted to understand my technical understanding which would benefit the team and wanted to understand what kind of a person I am and made sure to specify the exact work what they do .

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to learn from this internship?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was first interviewed by HR and then hiring manager via phone, and finally got invited to an onsite interview. It lasted for a whole day from 8:30 to 5:30, during which I was scheduled to meet with 10 different people ranging from engineers to directors. Most questions are technical about my research and internship, and the interviewers were also patient to answer all my questions about the position and company. I also gave a 45-min presentation in the morning talking about my PhD research and internship, 1 hour in total with questions during the talk.

Interview Questions

• How did you know about Lam?
      What made you think about doing internship during your PhD?
      Are you considering the company you interned with for a full-time position? Why?
      What is the most challenging part of your PhD? What was your largest contribution?
      If you were to redo your PhD, what would you differently and why?
      How do you think of working as a process engineer? It may be more tedious than what you imagine.   Answer Question

NCG Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. I was invited for on site interview very quickly. The HM and the HR staff are the friendliest I've ever met.

On site interview is 4-5 1:1 with management level people from their different business divisions. 1:1 with HM. 25 minute presentation related to semiconductor, which all the interviewers will attend.

Questions are both technical and behavioral.

A technical question can have answer rooted in physics principles... Some will use skills you list in CV to generate questions.

Behavior question is pretty standard. They all focus on your response to situation and people. Having solid anecdote which demonstrate company values helps alot.

My suggestion for presentation prep is that you need to take your most significant work and repack it for a general engineering background audience. I study materials science and asked a mechanical engineer who works for Ford to let me do a practice run and give be suggestions for improving my presentation to make all the information I want to deliver easy to understand. He has earned all my cooking and baking forever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First email contact from HR, followed by a short phone screening with HR. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Went to on-site interview two weeks later. On-site interview was a full day, with a 1 hour presentation plus five one-on-one interview with managers in different groups, plus a lunch with a senior engineer.

Interview Questions

• Explain one of my graduate research project. How do you solve conflicts with colleagues. Also pirate game.   Answer Question

Process Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was first interviewed by HR. The questions were mainly non-technical. The 2nd round was with a manager over the phone. He asked me questions about what I have done during my PhD Work. Was not selected for the final round.

Interview Questions

• HR question : If you could go back and do something differently in your research what would that be and how.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Onsite one day interview. 45 minutes presentation plus 15 minutes questions. The questions were asked during the talk. 8 one by one interview, each lasts for 30 to 45 minutes.

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lam Research (Fremont, CA).

Interview

2-5 hour interview combined,I did not get lost finding the place because you will be escorted to the interview room.The interview was not too stressful but definitely took awhile.co-workers and managers will interview you.take note of the title of the managers and make sure to leave a good impression because they can make or break your chance of getting hired...

Interview Questions

• some technical stuff and experience with semiconductor tools   Answer Question