Lambda Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lambda Interview Questions

Interviews at Lambda

Sort:

Student Success Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lambda in August 2018.

Interview

I applied some time ago for a Student Success Manager position. I received an email that they reworked the job posting and the position had been changed to a coordinator title. If I was still interested, I was invited to schedule a time for a 15 minute phone call. I decided to have a conversation even with the lower title change.

The phone call was awkward. I literally answered the phone and was asked what questions I had. How about you tell me a little bit about the job and organization before asking me what questions I have? I'm sure this is a good organization to work for, but it was just an awkward conversation. I didn't get a call back to proceed but felt it was just as well as there was no rapport on our call.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have?   1 Answer

Senior Full Stack Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lambda in January 2018.

Interview

Soon after applying for the role the first contact I got was some mysterious faceless company representative immediately demanding a full stack program with a front-end, a back-end API, file upload functionality, and complete test suite, all to be completed within seven days and with the progress being tracked in a local git repo. Did I mention this is all unpaid work? Lambda School really gets to the point and cuts the small talk; don't expect them to care about you at all through this process.

The project was completed on my end in about two days which I submitted right way. Soon after that, my contact informed me that she submitted the program to some other faceless nameless people to "review" (who knows what they're looking for?). In the meantime, we schedule a brief phone screen where we went over some basic technical questions. She was very professional but remarkably formal and seemed quite uncomfortable. It was agreed that she would follow up by the end of the week which didn't happen.

A week later I receive an email saying that after much consideration they're not moving forward. This was an unfortunate way to be notified when I put in hours of work on my end and their reply was clearly a generic copy/paste template. There was however a cryptic suggestion that I should stay in touch, but it's not clear why. I would be surprised if the experience would give anyone the slightest motivation to have any kind of relationship with Lambda School unless they were really desperate for work.

Overall the interview experience was awful and smells like a scam to get free labor. It's unlikely that it is, but Lambda School has serious work to do to improve their candidate experience. Expect to be treated like a disposable robot code-monkey. One can only hope their employees and students are treated much better.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Laurent, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lambda (Saint-Laurent, QC (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

The person kept me waiting in the room for 45 minutes while I was in time for my appointment. I was the only one there for the interview. The person came in and ask me a couple question. The interview was about 15 minutes long. They are really looking for experienced teacher.