Lancome Beauty Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lancome Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Lancome

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Pearl Harbor, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lancome (Pearl Harbor, HI) in January 2011.

Interview

It was one interview, very casual. They wanted to see your personality more than anything. If you're nice bubbly and friendly with open hours and a will to sell hard, you're in the door! They called me the next day to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What would/could you do if there are NO customers around and you've finished all your tasks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me more than I asked for.

Other Interview Reviews for Lancome

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lancome (Charlotte, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

I discussed my experience with skin care and makeup I discussed my previous work experience and availability. It was a pretty simple and straightforward interview. I also had to do a separate interview process for the department store from lancome which had a computer quiz and an in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lancome (Concord, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

It was really fun and no tension at all. The Lady was a nice, jovial, friendly interviewer and she asked me questions to give her idea about my interests and personality. My suggestion for those who have upcoming interviews for this position, dress nicely and neat, and show your skill in makeup. If you're bubbly and friendly, you would have no problem. They want to see if you have no problem at connecting with people.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancome (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They interviewed me through phone first and 2 weeks later they scheduled me for an actual interview with the AE and coordinator it took couple weeks for me. I actually got the job just be prepared and put on nicely make up

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lancome (Waldorf, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

Meeting with manager of cosmetics to go over question about past experiences. You are asked about beauty advice you would give to a clients. Also, work ethic and working under pressure. They would give you scenarios to see how you would handle each situation. They go over your availability as well.

Interview Questions

• How are you under pressure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancome (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for an interview at Macy's (Kenwood Towne Centre in Cincinnati, OH). Angela (woman who gave my interview) went out of the way to tell me how they don't hire people who have never worked Lancôme at Macy's before to work this counter and told me she had six applicants after me and that I wouldn't know for a week. I got an email two hours later saying I wouldn't be considered (after going to visit the counter and discovering that both the women currently working it had never worked in cosmetics before and were hired by her less than two weeks ago). I also included how I love Lancôme and use so much of their makeup regularly and also use almost exclusively Lancôme brushes. I told her how excited and thrilled I would be to represent the Lancôme brand and what it would mean to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your best experiences with a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lancome (Hickory, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview on Friday with the account executive. I was then called into Dillards for an interview on Monday with the cosmetics manager and the store manager. I filled out paperwork and a background check. After my background check was cleared I was hired on and started training with Dillards the next day. I am waiting to hear where they will send me for the Lancome training.

Interview Questions

• How would you personally prepare for events and what ideas can you bring to your team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lancome (Newark, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

It took about three weeks since I had to meet every manager for the store, department, and the actual company itself. Very calming though during the interviews. I would recommend bringing in a portfolio of some works that you have done to boost their choices towards you.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how well you are with colors.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lancome (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

very long process, had 4 interviews. straight forward questions about customer experience and skills. make sure to bring a copy of your resume and research about the brand prior to interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lancome (Covina, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

This is the 2nd time this has happened to me now. I got an email to schedule an interview, and when I get there, they already filled the spot. 1st time was Montebello mall, and the 2nd time was West Covina mall. It's very infuriating when you prepare for a job and you get there and already fill the position you were applying for. At the montebello mall, the lady didn't even bother interviewing me. She just said "sorry, maybe next time." The West Covina lady was extremely nice, interviewed me, apologized, and informed me on how I could get a position there. But I just don't understand the reasoning behind scheduling someone for an interview, but filling the position anyway. It's a waste of time. They seriously need to finish the interview process before just filling spots right away and wasting time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you've had success in as a team   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about selling someone a Macy's credit card, and how would you go about it?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about selling and applying makeup to a customer?   1 Answer