Landmark Aviation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2017

2.4

Line Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Landmark Aviation (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Business Casual interview, basic "get to know you" questions. One of the few times I dealt with this manager he swore at me, and slammed a car door in my face and I was left standing there feeling like I did something wrong. He will be pretty direct in the interview, no tricks or probing questions.

Interview Questions

• Aviation experience, working with aircraft, customer service   Answer Question

A&P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landmark Aviation (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

It was casual and informal. It was very basic and uneventful. I walked in to the maintenance department and asked if I could talk to the head. We went into his office and talked briefly and then referred me to the staffing agency upstairs.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have? What shift are you willing to work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Landmark Aviation (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I spoke with General Manager of Landmark's MIA FBO and he referred me to the General Manager of EYW's FBO. After speaking with the General Manager of EYW I received a phone call from a recruiter in corporate. Went through a screening process and within a few days I received my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What interests me about aviation and why I wanted to work for Landmark.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Key West, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Landmark Aviation (Key West, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was great. Very positive and I really was excited. The manager was happy and we spoke as colleges. I really thought this would be a career. I really think that if they had everything in place this would've been a great job but because safety, customer service, and coworkers or not N-Toon with the company I was forced to leave

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work here?   1 Answer

Line Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Landmark Aviation (Columbus, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted via phone a few weeks later by HR out of houston. She asked basic questions that I am guessing are automatic disqualifiers (driving record, criminal record, etc). 2 weeks after that I was contacted for an interview with the GM and Line service tech supervisor. Standard interview questions. Seemed genuinely interested in career goals. A week after that I got a call and got an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary based off experience

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Landmark Aviation in October 2014.

Interview

About 2 weeks applying, received an over the phone screening interview, and was told if I was a top applicant I would receive another call for an in person interview. Within 3 days, an interview was scheduled. I met with the customer service manager, was explained the background checks required, availability, and asked typical interview questions. A second interview with the general manager was set up to continue with the interview process. When I met with the GM, no questions were asked, was just given my drug test and had small talk.

Interview Questions

• The over the phone screening asks if you have a valid DL, any moving violations within the last 1 or 3 years, pay requirements   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Landmark Aviation.

Interview

I applied on the landmark website and was contacted by Human Resources a few weeks later. I conducted a brief phone interview with HR and took an only test. I was later contacted by HR again to schedule an interview with the management at my particular location. From there the GM contacted me to let me know I got the job and I had to come back in to fill out my new hire paperwork and get drug tested

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company and the aviation industry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Landmark Aviation (Norfolk, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Waited in the lobby for 15 +minutes after my scheduled interview time. Walked to the conference room and again waited. The general manager and csm both came in and asked me a bunch of questions. The also described the job description.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the most important policy we have here at landmark working around aircrafts and dangerous equipment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Landmark Aviation (Miami, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Standard process. First telephone, then face to face. I was asked to normal interview questions that consisted of: Tell me about yourself, describe a situation where you went above and beyond. Are you familiar with TFBO?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not pleased with the initial offer, I expressed my requirements based on my experience. We met somewhere in the middle. the process was not difficult.

Line Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Landmark Aviation (Norfolk, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online Hurd nothing for 3weeks. HR in Houston TX. Called me and did a phone interview asking basic questions about my résumé, asked about criminal history and educational history, asked about aviation experience. I have experience in all even criminal ( I was a hoodlum back in the day and had a larceny on my record but that was 6yrs ago). Hurd nothin again for another week and half. Submitted about 3follow up emails and they finally called me to set up interview. Went in ( hey dress to impress) but they sat me down and ask company question.
    What is customer service and how do you execute it?
    What have you done at your past job to go beyond the scope of your call of duty.
    What is most important customer service or safety? ( common sense HELLO)
    How do you have fun in the workplace ?
    And why ( of course the stupid of all questions) should you be the one selected?

So I guess I wanted it bad enough I got the job offer about 3 days later and after they interviewed about 25 people.
    Training is mainly OTJ and then after your second week of OTJ they gave you complete CBT and PLST's they took about 43 hours for me( holy cow it's a lot)
    Next had to go to the airport authority and get your SIDA badge( include another in depth background check maken sure your a terrorist)
    Go hired !!
    The equipment is not in good condition and is ailing.
    The give you all your uniforms and work gear.
    As a grunt every body puts all there workload on you and sit on their Butts and smoke. The tug operators are careless and goof off with million dollar AC. All careless non sense.
    Almost got thrown off the jet porter.
    Also the guys are money hungry and nagged customers for tips. That is bad cust serv.
    The line SUP would make you take luggage wile the other guys took the tips and got goodies.
    At the end of the day you split the tips but god knows how much they pocketed.
    AC pilots are very demanding so be ready for that.
    Otherwise it a good learning exp.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be selected to be hired.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered you pay. And you say yay or na.