Landry's Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Restaurant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Then asked to come in for in-person interview. Took accounting test for make sure you know debits and credits. Then interviewed with Controller and VP of Accounting. Pretty relaxed. Mainly explained expectations of position

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with prepaid expenses or accruals?   Answer Question

Customer Marketing Manager - IGaming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter, asked some basic questions and discussed the role in brief detail. Scheduled an interview with the company (which was supposed to be face to face, but the recruiter screwed up, so ended up being a phone interview). Interview was pretty tough, the interviewer was a very senior member of the leadership team (interviewing on behalf of a colleague), so asked some pretty pressing questions and didn't hold back on scrutinising the detail on my resume. I actually wondered whether I would move any further in the process, but it must have just been his style of interviewing as sure enough I moved forward in the process. Invited back to interview face to face at the corporate HQ with whom the role would report to. We didn't really discuss anything on my resume at this stage, this was all about suitability for the role and what I had done in the past which was relevant to this role. Good looking offices in Downtown, very convenient location right off the highway. Interview lasted near 2hrs and went very well. Unfortunately they went with an internal candidate with more industry experience than me, which was a shame as I really wanted the role and liked the company. Feedback I received was complementary. Perhaps I'll get another opportunity with the company in the future!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your knowledge of online CRM?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a project you were involved in that changed the online experience for the customer?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the online gambling industry?   Answer Question

Payroll Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had a interview with a HR recruiter first. Then i interviewed with the payroll manager, director and supervisor all at the same time. It was a lot of the same typical question asked in interviews. Just with three people back to back.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience?
      What are your work ethics?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Friendly and a quick turnaround in response. I met first with HR and then I was pulled into an interview with my now boss. Later, the VP of my department introduced herself.

Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

1.5 hr chat. Processes not up to industry standard. Spoke w/ Travel Manager who didn't seem to want to change (Been there 18 yrs, she said). 4 person operation including manager. Increased automation seemed to be out of the question. Talked a bit down to me. See this position advertised almost every 2 months, so something is wrong. My opinion is not the agent but management. Think my experience scared her. 20+ years on Sabre/ Sabre RED but still needed to take a test. WHAT?

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was short, and to the point. They ask questions in regard to your experience and product knowledge. If they like you, they will immediately conduct a second interview.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

First talk with the HR recruiter and responded questions. Later I was introduced to an Accounting manager and test me on accounting knowledge manually for 15 minutes. Then since I passed I was introduced to a concept controller for another interview. Finally I was taken to the office of the VP of Accounting for a final interview (4th). Each person had different questions.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been working in accounting? Have you worked in all areas of accounting?   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quite long. I did a phone interview with a recruiter and then scheduled a in person interview for later that week. The in person interview took about a hour and a half. The interview went really well and I was offered the job. I did, however, turn it down. The pay was a little low and I was offered a better position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX).

Interview

If they like your resume, HR will call you for a quick phone interview. From there, they will set up a 1:1 interview at their office. At the 1:1 interview, I first met with HR, then met with a few people from the department, some 1:1, others were two or three people asking me questions. Got a call back for another face-to-face interview.

Took another offer

Systems Engineer (Help Desk) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I ended up landing this interview through an external recruiter who represents clients like Landry's. I happened to be in town that week, so they scheduled a face to face with me. The whole process took three hours! I was told I would be there for two. It was at their corporate office in the Galleria area of Houston. I was very impressed by the building and how large/clean it was. They're pretty tight with security too as I had to put a visitor name tag on. The internal recruiter came down and got me after about 15 mins of waiting with the external recruiter. We went upstairs to the help desk area and she sat me in this tiny little office with a table and three or four chairs. She took about fifteen minutes to ask me some pretty detailed questions that were mostly behavioral. The only thing that didn't come up was salary expectations, but that may have been because the external recruiter already submitted me at a certain amount annually. After she left, the director of the help desk and one of the senior leads came into the room. They both looked like they were kind of out of it. The director proceeded to go into this long drawn out description of every single duty that I would perform as Systems Engineer. It was quite overwhelming, but I assured her that I was fine with the duties and with the travel that would be involved. She still went on and on though. The other guy hardly said anything and they just had me go through all of my experience and regurgitate my resume. The director then said she wanted me to speak with one of the senior level systems engineers, so I waited in the room alone for about 10 mins. The senior level engineer came in and told me what his perceptions were about the job and once again asked me to repeat everything I had just told the director and the other lead guy. So I did once again and I asked him the questions that I had. Then he handed me this technical test that they wanted me to take. It was a written test, so it took me forever to get it done. I didn't know everything on it either. It would've been nice if they had given me some idea of what would be on it so I could review or something beforehand. I would've looked for the answers on the internet on my phone, but the room was too open and you could see right through the glass, so I didn't. Anyways, I had to call the director by phone when I was done with the test. Then she came back in asked me if I had more questions. At this point, I was pretty antsy and ready to get out of there, so I told her no everything was pretty clear as I had asked tons of questions prior to this point...how many more could I possibly have, right? But no, she sends yet ANOTHER engineer into the room to talk to me about what she does! Funny enough, she had a similar background to mine, so she knew about some of the ins and outs of what my duties were, but she still wanted me to repeat what was on my resume too. I asked her some more questions but not as many as the others, and then she left. The director comes back in the room AGAIN and asks me if I have more questions, so I just asked her what the next steps would be at that point in order to hint at the fact that I was ready to go. This is overkill! Yet, I still managed to be professional. She asserted that I'd know something by the end of the following week multiple times. Then, I stood up and grabbed my things and she walked me back down to the front desk area. I couldn't believe what time it was when I signed out, but I tried not to show my displeasure with that while she was standing there. I shook her hand firmly, thanked her for her time and then exited the building. I looked at my phone and realized that my ride had to leave! I took so long in the interview that they had to leave to go to an appointment they had! So I had to wait there for them to get back which took another two hours. Needless to say I was not a happy camper by time the day was over. My external recruiter called me, while I was still there, to follow up on the interview. I spoke with her and told her how long it took and how I thought they were asking for an awful lot given what they're willing to pay. I would've still entertained an offer though. After going back home and leaving Houston, the next week passed by and I was very anxious to find out if I had gotten the job or not. I waited, and waited and heard nothing. So I called my external recruiter and she called back saying she hadn't heard anything. Another week went by and she still hadn't heard anything. Now, it's been a month since I went on the interview and she told me they reposted the position. Of course, I'm not too happy about the fact that they kept me there for three hours and didn't even have the courtesy to let me know that they're pursueing other candidates, but whatever. I've moved on from that interview and thankfully I have other leads.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty to complete a job task.   Answer Question
    • What are your three top strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you look for in a supervisor?   Answer Question