Landry's Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Landry's Server Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Landry's (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Sit there for 2 hours, talk to different manager, not hard at all, questions are easy, about yourself, your work experience, about alcohol a bit, that was the questions first manager asked, then after 20 min wait another manager comes over and tells you if you are hired or not and if yes, just explain you how to proceed further

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Landry's

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was short, and to the point. They ask questions in regard to your experience and product knowledge. If they like you, they will immediately conduct a second interview.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landry's.

Interview

Interviewing to be a server at Landry's is very similar to most restaurant interviews. The GM of the restaurant will sit with you to discuss the applicant's previous experience and expected wages. Landry's is a corporation that wishes to provide each guest with the same experience every time that a guest patronizes one of their locations. The applicant will receive a handbook and all necessary starting paperwork. From there, a starting training day will be negotiated and the employee will be handed their apron.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Landry's (Orlando, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Brief interview with two managers in a quiet conference room setting. They are polite and were respectful and appeared to be very serious. It was clear that they wanted someone to show Disney "happiness and energy" and if you provide that, you're almost in the clear. Just make sure you prove to them that you are a sales person who can sell expensive drinks, appetizers, entrees, and desserts.

Interview Questions

• How would you upsell larger alcoholic beverages, kids souvenir cups, or appetizers? (BE READY TO SHOW UPSELLING STRATEGIES)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Landry's (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Filled out an application in the restaurant. I then asked to see a manager. I was interviewed by the first manager and asked to return the following day to have a second interview. On that second day, I was hired by the Landry's company and asked to return for the orientation session the following week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you had an unruly customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landry's in July 2011.

Interview

Went in for an interview and was hired on the spot. Make sure that you are dressed nice and have a pen to fill out the application. Manager came over and sled simple questions and the entire process took less then 15 minutes

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you here?
      Tell my an item you sold at your last job
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landry's (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

I walked in to Landry's with my resume and asked to see the hiring manager. I was immediately offered a one-on-one interview after filling out an additional sheet of information about myself. After the one-on-one, he said they'd be interested in having another interview with the other manager's present in order to offer me a position. I assumed this would be another day but he actually went back and got the other managers who gave me an impromptu interview right there. I was offered the position immediately and came back the next week for orientation and training.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with an unruly customer who has had too much to drink?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Landry's in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was in preparation for the grand opening of the newest Oceanaire location. They hired a large number of front and back of house individuals before the grand opening. The interview was with floor manager. I met the general manager and assistant general manager later that interview. I was referred via a friend at another Oceanaire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Very brief and informal

Better offer.