Lands' End Interview Questions in Madison, WI | Glassdoor

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a Recruiter based in NYC (as am I) via email. We scheduled a phone interview for a Tuesday and I sent her work samples before the call for her to take a look at. She was super personable and laid back during the phone interview, but professional at the same time. We spoke of what the Hiring Manager was looking for in work samples, so I tweaked a few things and sent back to her that evening. She got back to me the next day (Wednesday) and said they would have a project ready for me to complete by the end of the week. I was sent the project from the Hiring Manager that Friday as promised.

The Recruiter touched base with me that following Monday to make sure all was good, and I told her I expected to submit the project Wednesday evening. I submitted it late Wednesday evening and was contacted early the next morning about setting up my trip to WI for the on site interview.

I worked with another HR manager in WI to set up my trip. We worked out dates as well as how long I wanted to be there. I requested 2 nights and to come in the day prior to have time in Madison. I even got to choose my NYC airport (trust me, it matters). Everything was accommodated easily and I was sent all proper paper work. HR Manager said by the end of the next week she would sent me maps and a schedule. She followed up with that.

I got an email the week before from the Recruiter letting me know they were excited to have me coming and let her know if I had questions or needed anything.

As for the on site visit: I was greeted by the HR team member I had scheduled my trip with. I was put into a comfortable room outside her office where I would meet with everyone. Before coming I was sent a schedule for the day and I met with several designers and team members individually at a set time. I think this was super important and helpful as I really got a feel for each person on the team. It was also nice to be able to get comfortable and set up in once place. I met with everyone on the schedule and everything went on time. I was really able to get a feel for the company, the specific team I'd be on, and how it worked. I also left knowing exactly what they were looking for. I was then given a tour of the Comer center (which is great)

I left the campus on time and really feeling great about the experience and everyone I met. Everyone was really willing to talk to me not only about the job and the work, but the personal aspects of relocating and living in Madison.

The original Recruiter followed up with me that afternoon and we set a time to speak in the morning. We discussed how it went and she said she would be putting the offer in for review. This was Wednesday. The following Thursday I had my official offer letter from them. She did keep in touch with me that entire week in between- as it took slightly longer than she expected.

I am now in the process of the relocation and working with the Relocation company. So far, all is going well.

Overall the Lands End interview process was great. I felt compelled to write this review because I have encountered so many unprofessional and negative Recruiter or interview experiences lately, and I know others are as well.

I'm hoping this will help anyone that may consider Lands End, especially anyone that would potentially relocate from NY or another city. Also, Madison is really cool!

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

There is an initial phone interview. The next round is an on site interview where you will have 30 min interviews with 4-5 different people along with a tour of their facilities.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about Lands' End?   1 Answer

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great. Had to interview with 5 people over the course of the day. They paid for me to travel out to Wisconsin for the interview process and everyone was really nice.

Social Media and Public Relations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

This was not the best interview I have ever been to. First, it was held in the lobby of a building where several people were eating lunch, talking, and walking around. Second, there was one woman interviewing me and she kept looking around while I was speaking. Third, the interviewer did not write down (or even have anything to write with or on) anything I said. I walked out knowing I did not get the job simply because of how the interviewer treated me right off the bat.

Interview Questions

• One questions that was asked was, "what companies do you follow on social media and why".   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process started out with phone interview with HR. Though they initially described this interview as going to be quick and informational, it turned out to be a full blown interview with a number of tough questions which took me by surprise. After the phone interview, I heard nothing back for several months until I received another email to schedule a skype interview. Interviewed via skype with two of their finance associates back to back. Both people seemed to ask very similar questions and it felt like I was repeating the first interview over. Got a bad vibe about the company from the interviews. I think the two people I interviewed with combined, had about a year and a half of time with the company, giving me a feeling of high employee turnover.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with 1 women from HR and 4 people from various Merchandising Departments. All of the questions were very straight forward. They were all very nice. I felt like I was able to have a conversation with them, not simply back and forth Q&A. Most common question was to ask about my financial experience.

Interview Questions

• The only question I hadn't prepared for ahead of time was, "What brand/company do you see as ahead of the curve?"   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard from the HR rep within a few days on the phone. Chatted about background and my experience. She sent me an email with a request to prepare a line based on the Lands' End aesthetic, themes, etc. I prepared my project and they had me fly up for a day of in person interviews and presentation of my line. Met and presented to 4 designers and the head of design. Was a great experience, everyone was really positive.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Sit down one on one with HR recruiter. Answer basic work expectations about being on time and trainable on computer programming. Overall they needed a lot of people on board for the seasonal time. If you are getting an interview during the holiday season be sure to speak about how well you are versed in customer service and how you are easily trainable on electronics. You will be using the computer a lot for the role as you will be assisting customers with their accounts.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with encountering repetitive calls day after day   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not available for negotiation pay.

Fabric Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

At first I had an initial phone interview/screening. They paid to fly me to visit the Dodgeville offices and I stayed in a hotel in downtown Madison, which is about an hour away from the company. I started off with 5 interviews, then got an additional 4 more. My last interview was with the Director over the phone.

Associate Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR rep, then onsite interview. Every 30 minutes was a new interview with 1-3 people. Lunch was with senior members of the Department. There was a skills assessment.