Lands' End Interview Questions in Madison, WI | Glassdoor

Lands' End Interview Questions in Madison, WI

2.9

Social Media and Public Relations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

This was not the best interview I have ever been to. First, it was held in the lobby of a building where several people were eating lunch, talking, and walking around. Second, there was one woman interviewing me and she kept looking around while I was speaking. Third, the interviewer did not write down (or even have anything to write with or on) anything I said. I walked out knowing I did not get the job simply because of how the interviewer treated me right off the bat.

Interview Questions

• One questions that was asked was, "what companies do you follow on social media and why".   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process started out with phone interview with HR. Though they initially described this interview as going to be quick and informational, it turned out to be a full blown interview with a number of tough questions which took me by surprise. After the phone interview, I heard nothing back for several months until I received another email to schedule a skype interview. Interviewed via skype with two of their finance associates back to back. Both people seemed to ask very similar questions and it felt like I was repeating the first interview over. Got a bad vibe about the company from the interviews. I think the two people I interviewed with combined, had about a year and a half of time with the company, giving me a feeling of high employee turnover.

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with 1 women from HR and 4 people from various Merchandising Departments. All of the questions were very straight forward. They were all very nice. I felt like I was able to have a conversation with them, not simply back and forth Q&A. Most common question was to ask about my financial experience.

Interview Questions

• The only question I hadn't prepared for ahead of time was, "What brand/company do you see as ahead of the curve?"   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard from the HR rep within a few days on the phone. Chatted about background and my experience. She sent me an email with a request to prepare a line based on the Lands' End aesthetic, themes, etc. I prepared my project and they had me fly up for a day of in person interviews and presentation of my line. Met and presented to 4 designers and the head of design. Was a great experience, everyone was really positive.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Sit down one on one with HR recruiter. Answer basic work expectations about being on time and trainable on computer programming. Overall they needed a lot of people on board for the seasonal time. If you are getting an interview during the holiday season be sure to speak about how well you are versed in customer service and how you are easily trainable on electronics. You will be using the computer a lot for the role as you will be assisting customers with their accounts.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with encountering repetitive calls day after day   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not available for negotiation pay.

Fabric Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

At first I had an initial phone interview/screening. They paid to fly me to visit the Dodgeville offices and I stayed in a hotel in downtown Madison, which is about an hour away from the company. I started off with 5 interviews, then got an additional 4 more. My last interview was with the Director over the phone.

Associate Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR rep, then onsite interview. Every 30 minutes was a new interview with 1-3 people. Lunch was with senior members of the Department. There was a skills assessment.

Merchdising Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dodgeville, WI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

I spent the day interviewing with 5 separate people - 3 in the merchandising department and 2 within employee services. All of them were incredibly friendly and personable. The corporate headquarters are fresh, bright, and open, and everything comes together to reflect how the culture is. They focused their questions on me as a person, things I like to do, where I get my inspiration from, how I analyze things. It was very low pressure, they wanted me to feel comfortable. No surprise questions to put you on the spot. They'd like to see if you are behaviorally a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations for interns. Straight salary, 40 hours a week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dodgeville, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lands' End (Dodgeville, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

I was an MBA intern. I met them at a career fair on campus, which led to a phone call with HR employee. The first call was behavior based based questions mostly. After a month, I was asked to come to Dodgevile, where I had 5 back-to-back interviews. All kinds of questions, from mini-case to personal interest questions. Wore lands end canvas outfit, which worked very well. Casual environment.

Interview Questions

• In depth hot dog cart mini-case question. Used marketing frameworks to beat competing carts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as an intern.

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lands' End (Madison, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

Basic easy questions like tell me about your experience, why are you interested in ecommerce, what would you bring to lands end, what are your career goals, what do you know about lands end and and its business.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, accepted hourly pay