Langham Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2016

2.6

Guest Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Langham Hotels (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with HR first, then interviewed with the front office manager. HR coordinator asked basic questions such as telling about myself, previous challenges and conflicts, etc. FOM was very nice and friendly to talk to. She ran through all my experiences listed on my resume and was also open to sharing her own similar experiences, it was a very comfortable interview. I did not receive an offer but they called me soon after the interview to let me know the reason. All in all, they kept me informed throughout.

Meetings and Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Langham Hotels (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Three step process. One with HR and then one with the Director of the specified department and one with director of overall F&B department. Overall, the interview process was not difficult just a lot of different interviews with different people.

Interview Questions

• General questions about previous work and why one wants to be in the hotel industry.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Langham Hotels (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Well organized interview process. I met with an HR representative and a hiring manager. Both were very polite and professional. For the most part, the interview questions were fairly standard, but others were job specific.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of when you were faced with a difficult customer. What actions did you take, who did your partner with the resolve the problem, and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Langham Hotels.

Interview

This is based on the previous director but my first interview was a brief meet and greet followed by a property tour by another manager. I wrote an email asking for another chance to actually meet with the director which she accepted. Again, the meeting was very brief and i ended up meeting with another 2 managers about the position. I sent a thank you card to the director and was called a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Restaurant Host Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Langham Hotels in May 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an interview about a week after submitting my application on their website.

Upon arriving, I filled out another application in the waiting area before continuing to an office for my interview.

The person I interviewed with did a great job of making the conversation flow and promoted a calm environment. I was nervous anyway because I had never interviewed in an office strangely enough. The entire encounter lasted about twenty to thirty minutes and I spent a good deal of time filling out the application and waiting before and after my interview.

I waited for a second interview after the initial one because there was a possibility that the next person to interview me was available, but she wasn't.

This review says I have received no offer, but I am actually waiting for a call to the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Langham hotels?   Answer Question
    • What has been the most challenging part of your work experience?
      (something along these lines)
      Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current employer?   Answer Question

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Langham Hotels (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Sad to say, such nice corporate couldnt hired 2 therapists for months, after they changed the job description and required independent contractor to sit there for hours as they called it as "on call", with no benefits nor higher pay, and no salary raise whatsoever when I asked about the salary questions.

The spa manager was extremely passionate, and we clicked right away, and i've also provide a lots of ideas how to improve the spa itself... what a great wonderful lady. Couple weeks ago, I've heard she left the spa, due to the hotel doesnt really compromise in any ways.

You will still see them posting ads ALL DAYS and NIGHTS. Sad, but till they realized it's not going to work, and all they do was wasting their money, and not getting the perfect person to work for them, instead of having the old fat lady sitting there, acting like a pro, and trying to save her boss a few cents. Bad employee all the way up from that HR level.

Suggestion: Try it, and you will know what I mean.

** I got an offer right away, and had my 2nd interview on the same day. But after a few thoughts about it, i wrote them an email, to thank but NO THANK.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you are a good candidate for this position.   1 Answer

Low salary, long hours, doesnt fit what the job description stated as their ad.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Langham Hotels (Pasadena, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

3 Interviews, pretty easy. First with HR Representative, then the manager for you department, and finally with one of the executive, most associated with your position. Then you need to go to a full day lecture on the companies culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Langham Hotels (Pasadena, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online never got a response HR is useless and so is the online applications. I attended a job fair at the hotel and applied for my position and got hired instantly.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation in which you were faced with a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Langham Hotels (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume with HR. Got first telephone interview with hiring manager in about a week. Later after a week, first round of interviews with two FD managers. Lots of behavioral questions typical to customer service area. It took about 1.5-2h. Second round was much shorter and relaxed, two interviews: with HR director and hotel manager. Mostly they tried to figure out your personality and friendliness scale.

Interview Questions

• Typical to customer service jobs: how do you handle difficult customer or tell situation when you did something special to help him out.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Langham Hotels in January 2011.

Interview

One interview and then met with Director of Marketing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None