Language International Admissions Coordinator/Student Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Language International

1 Interview Review

0.0

Admissions Coordinator/Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Language International (Cambridge, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online for the admissions coordinator role and was contacted the next day about arranging a phone interview. What happened next was the most insane waste of my time out of any interview process I've undergone. I was required to take an online test that consisted of math, customer service, email management, and other questions. A phone interview was then arranged, which was pretty standard. Then, I was asked to do a Skype interview, where I had to go through several case questions- very confusing and hard to understand exactly what you were expected to be doing. Then, I was asked to come into the office for an in person "test day." Beforehand, I was emailed about 5 links which each had extensive (probably 20 pages each) information with every detail about the way the company was run. There was also a section where I was expected to take more tests specifically pertaining to the admissions coordinator role. The emailed information also contained sensitive information such as dropbox usernames and passwords- it was all very weird and unprofessional, considering I hadn't been hired yet. It seemed very inappropriate, and like I was receiving some kind of orientation material intended for someone who had just been hired. After reviewing this information, I went into the office for the half day interview, where I was basically expected to sit at a computer and handle real customer problems, with zero training or experience. After about a week and a half, I was contacted and told that they thought I would be a better fit as a student advisor, and asked if I would come in for another half day "interview." I did, and I was again stationed at a computer and-this is particularly unbelievable to me- asked to make phone calls to actual customers, without having ever observed anyone else making one of these calls, and without any training. After about two more weeks, I was contacted and told they didn't think it would be a good fit, at which point I had already accepted another job offer. I have never experienced such a blatant disrespect for my time as I did with this company- the whole thing was completely unprofessional. I understand that this is a small start-up, but I got the sense that no one had any idea what they were doing. Essentially, what they need is a salesperson who can speak another language- they could have easily seen if I was qualified by a phone interview, an in person interview, and an interview in the other language I speak (one of their employees also speaks this language, so this could easily be accomplished). The entire process had nothing to do with the actual requirements of the job, and if I had known that I would ultimately be a telephone salesperson, I would never have sent in my resume in the first place. Additionally, through this entire 5 step process, no mention of salary was ever made. SO unprofessional.

Interview Questions