LanguageLine Solutions Spanish Interpreter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LanguageLine Solutions Spanish Interpreter Interview Questions

2.4

Spanish Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions.

Interview

I don't remember if there was more than one interview, but the lady who interviewed me was very friendly and made me feel at ease from the beginning. Since I was applying to be a Spanish interpreter, some of the questions she asked in Spanish and I was expected to reply in Spanish. I received immediate feedback on my performance and I believe was offered a second interview right then and there.

Other Interview Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (El Paso, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Didn't really have an interview. Was more like repeat these sentences from ENGLISH to Spanish or vice versa. Was provided a list of terminology to study for three days, then tested over phone. Was group setting, so a lot of traffic of comings and goings. Very fast paced. Proficiency tests, drug test, background check and phone testing. Was referred.

Interview Questions

• How fluent are you in Spanish?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Upland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Upland, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Asked you about your job history. Languages spoken. Then tested skills. Then had orientation. Met with my manager over the phone. Everything is done over the phone. Very impersonal... ....... ...... ...... ..... ..... .... .... ...... .... .... ...

Interview Questions

• Read/write in both languages?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Riverside, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview was friendly, I felt comfortable, and the Rep. was very kind and friendly. She asked the normal regular questions for a job interview. Then sent me information by email to prepare for a skill test that would take place a few days later.
    So I took the test, it was a little bit difficult when they would give long segments to interpret, but then I realized that it was just for the interview because in real life you would be able to control the length of the segment you are about to interpret.
    It was fine in general.

Interview Questions

• In which situation would you consider that is ok or acceptable to be late for work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Arlington, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

I submitted my cv and they sent me an automated email informing the time frame they will get back to me to test me over the phone with mini scenarios from english to spanish and viceversa. Depending on your performance during that test they give you a job offer or they let you know that you need to polish your language skills a little bit more before applying again.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to interpret in both languages, you need to have a vast terminology in both languages.   Answer Question

Spanish Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant and quick. Everything was done over the phone. They sent me for a drug test and the process and paperwork were easy to understand

Spanish Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villahermosa, Tabasco (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Villahermosa, Tabasco (Mexico)).

Interview

I was not accepted, but let me expand on that. The interview went fine and the female interviewer told me my English was very good and that I ould advance to the next stage, which is the online exam. But when I got my results from the exam, the evaluator practically remarked that my spoken English vocabulary was limited, along with claiming I used filler words such as "stuff", which any normal native American speaker uses... I know for a fact that my English is fluent because even natives speakers have praised it. My conclusion is that the whole exam process is a joke, and they will give you negative feedback for the stupidest of reasons so as to not hire you. They only made me waste my time. I've also read they don't even care about their employees, so I'm glad I was not even hired.

Interview Questions

• Where did you learn English?   1 Answer

Spanish Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saltillo, Coahuila (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Saltillo, Coahuila (Mexico)) in April 2015.

Interview

It is a long process, takes 2-3 weeks prior to start training, due to the fact that the interviews are held online by answering questionnaires, via phone call and by written forms.

Spanish Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions in March 2015.

Interview

It was very quick and easy, most communication was through email, I always got a response right away. Very quick and efficient. They always responded to all my questions from the previous email.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have.   1 Answer

Spanish Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in January 2015.

Interview

A lady called me to confirm my personal information, scheduled a date for the training sessions. She said she had to test my English, asked a couple of questions in English, I replied, that was the end of the interview. She said they would send my the information to log in in the system and carry on with the training.