Larkin Street Youth Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Larkin Street Youth Services

Residential Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Larkin Street Youth Services.

Interview

Shade. Major shade. I went in for an interview and I felt like my personal and professional experience was completely ignored. I have more than enough experience, with multiple years in social services and in non-profit administration. The interviewers were, at best, distant and took none of my personal and professional experiences to heart or to mind. I really admire their mission but they seem like a total non-profit racket. Don't waste your time.

Relief Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Larkin Street Youth Services (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

phone screening, they state the low pay of 13 an hour many times because it is so low.
    you then go in for two interviews. one where they lay out everything and a second where you talk

Evaluation Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Larkin Street Youth Services in April 2015.

Interview

The individuals interviewing me seemed upset that they had go through the list of questions with me. One was the data analyst, I believe the other was the coordinator. It was apparent that there was some stress occurring outside of the context of the interview, which concerned me. They did not appear to enjoy their work, let alone the hiring process. Maybe they were just tired and worn out?

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Larkin Street Youth Services in September 2014.

Interview

I sent a cover letter and resume online and was contacted within two weeks for a group interview. No other candidates actually showed up so I met with two directors by myself. It was very casual and we seemed to get along well. I was disappointed after they seemed very interested in me that they never contacted me again.

Interview Questions

• What about this program appeals to you -- make sure that you do your research!   Answer Question

Residential Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Larkin Street Youth Services in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted my cover letter and resume and was contacted within two weeks. Scheduled an interview and turns out it was a group interview. They interviewers were very nice. Was contacted for a second one on one interview that will happen tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle crisis situations and can you tell me about one you experienced?   Answer Question
    • Have you heard about harm reduction principles and what do you think about them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still haven't gone to second interview