Larsen & Toubro Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Larsen & Toubro Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

115 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

Interview took place in the university campus in my final year of Bachelor's. It was approximately 45 mins- 1 hr. I was very nervous as it was my first interview but the interviewer was very friendly and he encouraged me to think out aloud so it seemed more casual and felt like any lab viva. Even if you don't know all the answers, thinking out aloud if you're reasonably confident about your thought process really helps.

Interview Questions

• 1. Working of different kinds of motor
    2. Protection for motors and generators
    3. Drawing induction motor
    4. Effect of overloading of motors
    5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    6. Your positives and negatives
    7. About fuses and circuit breakers   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Larsen & Toubro

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

First an on campus interview was held. After a year another interview via video conference took place. After the interview HR called and told me about my selection and gave further instructions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was fixed as it was campus recruitment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

One on One Face to Face Interview. Lasted for 1 hour. Drilled through all basics and asked question all around resume. Kept asking question from my answers until I choked. Was all around my resume asking technical questions about my projects. Also tried to bully me whenver he got a chance.

Interview Questions

• Basic operation on Boost Converter   1 Answer
    • Z , S , V calculation for a system with transformers generators and loads   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

HR AND TR Rounds in one day. Rapid interview and panel is very friendly . But they took no one. IQ quiz is pretty easy but group discussion is tricky

Interview Questions

• What is four wheel drive, Diesel engine, Engineering drawing   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in May 2013.

Interview

There were totally 3 rounds, Aptitude Test, HR and Technical Interview. The aptitude test is straight forward, containing analytical and reasoning type questions. HR is swift and easy, followed by an intense technical round, that needs a lot of preparation.

Interview Questions

• Draw and briefly explain all the operations of a substation, given a piece of paper.!   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in January 2010.

Interview

Tell me about the projects you have done, what was your role in the project, what did you learn from this project, what were the difficulties that you faced in the project and how did you overcome it. What is long term and short term goal, what are you looking in the company

Application

Interview

Procedure consists of an aptitude test and an interview. Aptitude test was very easy consists of 110 questions to be solved in one and half an hour. Time management is important. Those who qualified from aptitude undergo an interview. In interview they asked about project, industrial training and some basic questions from your stream. A JAM topic was given in interview to know your communication skills.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

They asked me mostly asked me in Strength of materials and Material sciences. I was asked about the stress-strain diagram, and all related terms. Then inorder to test our communication skills, I was asked to pick a chit of paper they had brought along and to talk about the topic mentioned in it.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate if we posted you in UP?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Started with Aptitude test conducted at our college followed by technical/ HR interview by group. As I was a fresher they asked questions on my final year project.

Interview Questions

• They asked me question mostly based on my final year project   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Chennai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Top 30 students from each department will be shortlisted for first round

Round 1 -Online Test for 80 minutes Aptitude and Verbal -Meritrac Pattern