Larsen & Toubro Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Larsen & Toubro Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

Interview took place in the university campus in my final year of Bachelor's. It was approximately 45 mins- 1 hr. I was very nervous as it was my first interview but the interviewer was very friendly and he encouraged me to think out aloud so it seemed more casual and felt like any lab viva. Even if you don't know all the answers, thinking out aloud if you're reasonably confident about your thought process really helps.

Interview Questions

• 1. Working of different kinds of motor
    2. Protection for motors and generators
    3. Drawing induction motor
    4. Effect of overloading of motors
    5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    6. Your positives and negatives
    7. About fuses and circuit breakers
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Larsen & Toubro

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

First an on campus interview was held. After a year another interview via video conference took place. After the interview HR called and told me about my selection and gave further instructions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was fixed as it was campus recruitment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

One on One Face to Face Interview. Lasted for 1 hour. Drilled through all basics and asked question all around resume. Kept asking question from my answers until I choked. Was all around my resume asking technical questions about my projects. Also tried to bully me whenver he got a chance.

Interview Questions

• Basic operation on Boost Converter   1 Answer
    • Z , S , V calculation for a system with transformers generators and loads   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

HR AND TR Rounds in one day. Rapid interview and panel is very friendly . But they took no one. IQ quiz is pretty easy but group discussion is tricky

Interview Questions

• What is four wheel drive, Diesel engine, Engineering drawing   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in May 2013.

Interview

There were totally 3 rounds, Aptitude Test, HR and Technical Interview. The aptitude test is straight forward, containing analytical and reasoning type questions. HR is swift and easy, followed by an intense technical round, that needs a lot of preparation.

Interview Questions

• Draw and briefly explain all the operations of a substation, given a piece of paper.!   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in January 2010.

Interview

Tell me about the projects you have done, what was your role in the project, what did you learn from this project, what were the difficulties that you faced in the project and how did you overcome it. What is long term and short term goal, what are you looking in the company

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Tiruchirappalli (India)).

Interview

2 Interviews - One Technical and another HR. Sometimes it can also be taken together. The interviewer starts by asking an introduction and then continues on to your projects and internships. Then, he will mainly ask production related questions

Interview Questions

• What are the production operations?   1 Answer
    • What are the types of welding?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Roorkee (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Hiring process involved first a online test which was comprised of two sections. First section was General Aptitude and second section was technical( Technical questions of your respective branch, it may any B.tech branch or a m.tech specialization). Candidates for Interview were selected on the basis of their marks in online Test. Interview was mainly technical.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dehra Dun (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Dehra Dun (India)).

Interview

It was the campus recruitment drive. Panel of 2 persons came to the campus. They have started the interview process at 4 pm which went on till 12 am. One person was senior HR person and other was from the technical background.

Interview Questions

• What is bernoulli's equation?   1 Answer
    • What is the brayton cycle?   1 Answer
    • What is your background and where do you live?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since it was campus recruitment they already made the offer during thier initial presentation before the interview.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Coimbatore (India)).

Interview

Interview happened in my college campus. Lot of technical questions were asked over one and half hour. There were 2 people in panel one was asking technical questions and other was asking HR related questions. Overall process was good.

Interview Questions

• Was asked how to select a hydraulic press suitable for a die design discussed as a project academic project during interview ?   1 Answer