Larsen & Toubro Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Larsen & Toubro Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Tiruchirappalli (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Shortlist of people based on resume and CGPA. Online test consisting of basic quantitative questions and verbal (80 minutes and 120 questions with no negative marking). People who cleared the online test were called for an interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Larsen & Toubro

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Started with Aptitude test conducted at our college followed by technical/ HR interview by group. As I was a fresher they asked questions on my final year project.

Interview Questions

• They asked me question mostly based on my final year project   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Goa (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (South Goa (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Written Test (Aptitude + English). Aptitude section had 60 questions while English section had 50, and total time allotted was 80 minutes. This was followed by a face to face interview, where all my projects and interviews were discussed.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kurukshetra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Kurukshetra (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Larsen and Tuobro came for campus recruitment at NIT Kurukshetra on 5th Aug,2017 and there was eligibility criteria of above 7.5 CGPA with no active backlogs.
    It consists of 3 rounds.
    1. Written round(75 aptitude in 60 min , and 50 technical in 30 min).
    2. Group Discussion.
    3. Personal Interview

Interview Questions

• It was a panel of two, it was looking like one of them was from HR as he was continuously judging me and was noting down on the form while the was asking me technical questions.
      When I entered I was to asked was is not there in the form and you want to tell us.
      #"Form" is to filled before the GD round after my written round was clear.
      Here I gave my brief interview.
      Then directly they started to ask why my pointer is low in the 4th sem as compared to other sem.
      Then they asked me questions related to microprocessors and power system protection a bit easy one.
      But one question was very very difficult that can a diode be formed using discrete components(R, C).   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

First stage was an aptitude test comprising of mathematics and english test. Those who qualifies the test had to go through an interview. Although L&T is very biased in selecting the candidates. Among the selected 13 students, 8 were the ones who had higher GPA's (depending of course on them clearing the aptitude test). The toppers were selected irrespective of interview performance.I had friends who had high GPA's but screwed up the interview but still got the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• A simply supported beam with point load at the center. What is the Bending moment diagram and shear force diagram for it.   1 Answer
    • What did you do in your internship?   1 Answer
    • Question about extracurricular achievements that i mentioned in my CV.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Bhopal (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

written test based on simple technical questions mostly of theoritical and also aptitude section is there.There was GD also but that was not an elimination round.finally interview mostly they asks questions about your training ,POWER SYSTEMS and protection schemes and dont forget to study MACHINES. Last but not least please go through thei website ie.,their upcoming projects etc.,

Interview Questions

• It was quite good interview experience interviewres were cooperative if you dont know the answer they do give hints it was not at all a stress oneThey asked me quetions in fault analysis,switch yard proectuon equipment etc.,   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Tiruchirappalli (India)).

Interview

2 Interviews - One Technical and another HR. Sometimes it can also be taken together. The interviewer starts by asking an introduction and then continues on to your projects and internships. Then, he will mainly ask production related questions

Interview Questions

• What are the production operations?   1 Answer
    • What are the types of welding?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore South (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Coimbatore South (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Teh interview basically had 2 ppl, one was HR and teh other was technical manager. It was not very tough. they just asked to introduce ourself adn then moved on to technical questions.

Interview Questions

• starts with introduce yourself and then they asked about my projects   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

HR AND TR Rounds in one day. Rapid interview and panel is very friendly . But they took no one. IQ quiz is pretty easy but group discussion is tricky

Interview Questions

• What is four wheel drive, Diesel engine, Engineering drawing   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dehradun (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Dehradun (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Written aptitude and general english proficiency test comprising of 50 multiple choice questions which was followed by personal interview round next day after the screening of 12 students from the written test.