Larsen & Toubro Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Larsen & Toubro Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2018

121 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

They asked me mostly asked me in Strength of materials and Material sciences. I was asked about the stress-strain diagram, and all related terms. Then inorder to test our communication skills, I was asked to pick a chit of paper they had brought along and to talk about the topic mentioned in it.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate if we posted you in UP?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Larsen & Toubro

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Started with Aptitude test conducted at our college followed by technical/ HR interview by group. As I was a fresher they asked questions on my final year project.

Interview Questions

• They asked me question mostly based on my final year project   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Chennai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Top 30 students from each department will be shortlisted for first round

Round 1 -Online Test for 80 minutes Aptitude and Verbal -Meritrac Pattern

Round 2-Technical &HR

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Kolkata (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

first top 30 shortlisted on basis of cgpa . then aptitude test then document verification then PI. question were easy in aptitude test test it was of 90 min . basic errors in english was to be found in sentences, comprehension etc . in apti some basic questions like profit and loss , time and distance , directions etc were asked which was easy but you need to be fast.

Interview Questions

• which is your favourite subject? then some basic questions of BMD and SFD of cantilever beam , analysis of portal frame, reinforcements representation in rcc beams , types of steel bars used in constructions , bending stress , difference between WSM N LSM. different is codes used for steel , rcc , eartquake. most importantly some significant tables of IS 456 like moment coefficients , shear design , buckling of beams .   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Tiruchirappalli (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Shortlist of people based on resume and CGPA. Online test consisting of basic quantitative questions and verbal (80 minutes and 120 questions with no negative marking). People who cleared the online test were called for an interview.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kurukshetra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Kurukshetra (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Larsen and Tuobro came for campus recruitment at NIT Kurukshetra on 5th Aug,2017 and there was eligibility criteria of above 7.5 CGPA with no active backlogs.
    It consists of 3 rounds.
    1. Written round(75 aptitude in 60 min , and 50 technical in 30 min).
    2. Group Discussion.
    3. Personal Interview

Interview Questions

• It was a panel of two, it was looking like one of them was from HR as he was continuously judging me and was noting down on the form while the was asking me technical questions.
      When I entered I was to asked was is not there in the form and you want to tell us.
      #"Form" is to filled before the GD round after my written round was clear.
      Here I gave my brief interview.
      Then directly they started to ask why my pointer is low in the 4th sem as compared to other sem.
      Then they asked me questions related to microprocessors and power system protection a bit easy one.
      But one question was very very difficult that can a diode be formed using discrete components(R, C).   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Goa (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (South Goa (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Written Test (Aptitude + English). Aptitude section had 60 questions while English section had 50, and total time allotted was 80 minutes. This was followed by a face to face interview, where all my projects and interviews were discussed.

Interview Questions

• Difference between pressure and stress   2 Answers

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Mumbai (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

The selection process was through campus placement. The first round was online test with two sections- General aptitude and Technical aptitude. Out of 40 candidates 6 were shortlisted. These candidates underwent a non - elimination GD round followed by interview. The interviewers were very accommodating and cordial. They first asked which subjects I was comfortable with. They then proceeded to ask basic questions which tested the clarity and depth of understanding. They also asked questions which tested practical knowledge. Overall a fairly standard and proper process. Would recommend!

Interview Questions

• List all the basic laws of electromagnetism and explain.
      Give practical examples of feedback systems and explain corresponding mechanism.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Tiruchirappalli (India)).

Interview

2 Interviews - One Technical and another HR. Sometimes it can also be taken together. The interviewer starts by asking an introduction and then continues on to your projects and internships. Then, he will mainly ask production related questions

Interview Questions

• What are the production operations?   1 Answer
    • What are the types of welding?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Roorkee (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Hiring process involved first a online test which was comprised of two sections. First section was General Aptitude and second section was technical( Technical questions of your respective branch, it may any B.tech branch or a m.tech specialization). Candidates for Interview were selected on the basis of their marks in online Test. Interview was mainly technical.