Larsen & Toubro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Larsen & Toubro Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2017

630 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

Mix of technical and HR based questions. There was an analytical test first, which was based on GRE/GMAT type math questions. They also had a GPA cut off, and requirement of no backlogs.

Interview Questions

• Explain about your project, what is your approach, what standards are you referring   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Good Experience ! I was asked questions about electrical basics, and logical questions like swapping algorithm alternatives. 45 min interview. This was college campus interview.There was a screening test. The interview was on the same day. Initial questions about resume and projects.power systems/ machines basics

Interview Questions

• what should be the approximate diameter of household electrical wires?
      Explain: Household voltage system   3 Answers

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

I should say it's very difficult but Overall very interactive and highly productive. The candidate must be so positive and energetic with panel team and must deliver technical skills. If you have good communication skills and knowledge about the subject you can breakthrough the process.

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview. all questions asked were technical and easy to comprehend. The HR questions were straightforward too. I asked a few questions which were well responded.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

Interview took place in the university campus in my final year of Bachelor's. It was approximately 45 mins- 1 hr. I was very nervous as it was my first interview but the interviewer was very friendly and he encouraged me to think out aloud so it seemed more casual and felt like any lab viva. Even if you don't know all the answers, thinking out aloud if you're reasonably confident about your thought process really helps.

Interview Questions

• 1. Working of different kinds of motor
      2. Protection for motors and generators
      3. Drawing induction motor
      4. Effect of overloading of motors
      5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      6. Your positives and negatives
      7. About fuses and circuit breakers   Answer Question

CAE Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in November 2015.

Interview

First round was a phone technical interview - consisted of 4 gentleman asking questions from coursework and Resume. This was a stress interview. Second round was with hiring managers also by phone - technical and hr questions

Interview Questions

• What is von Mises stress? What is CFD? Explain radiation.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

first written test
    1) technical
    2) aptitude
    technical: structural, soil, fluid
    aptitude : very easy no need of preparation
    later group discussion non elimination round
    finally interview which is toughest.
    I didn't get selected because of my posting preferences
    study the whole strength of materials and rcc subject in which most of the questions were asked.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview. They did not ask me any job related questions. When I asked them to described more about the job function and they explained it okay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is your strength and weaknesses?
      Why do you want to join L & T?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

First an on campus interview was held. After a year another interview via video conference took place. After the interview HR called and told me about my selection and gave further instructions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was fixed as it was campus recruitment.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

One on One Face to Face Interview. Lasted for 1 hour. Drilled through all basics and asked question all around resume. Kept asking question from my answers until I choked. Was all around my resume asking technical questions about my projects. Also tried to bully me whenver he got a chance.

Interview Questions

• Basic operation on Boost Converter   1 Answer
    • Z , S , V calculation for a system with transformers generators and loads   Answer Question