Larsen & Toubro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Larsen & Toubro Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powai, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Powai, Maharashtra (India)).

Interview

Interview was followed by an aptitude test. Candidates from all colleges had to appear for aptitude test which was carried at VJTI, Matunga. Then we were informed about the results after a week

Interview Questions

• What is the minimum distance required between the plates in butt joint welding   Answer Question
    • Explain various mechanisms like slider crank etc   Answer Question
    • Draw digrame of various basic components like piston, connecting rod as well as give the conventional representation for various components like
      Screw and nuts and bolt   Answer Question
    • Which are the units of pressure and basic unit converstions   Answer Question
    • What is the pressure required to fill the air in automobile vehicle(for me he asked about buses because of my internship)   Answer Question
    • Which method would you chose for manufacturing connecting rod,forging or casting?   Answer Question
    • What should be the diameter of wire which is going to subject XYZ amount of load?(Basic machine design question)   Answer Question
    • Which are the heat treatment processes?   Answer Question
    • How to calculate pressure(impact) by using head of dam for hydroelectric plant( This que was because of my IV)   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Kolkata (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, secondinterviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff.

Interview Questions

• For example....what is definition of civil engineering?   1 Answer
    • 2.why I liked this company?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Bhopal (India)).

Interview

After qualifying the online exam It included both aptitude and technical quesions.Next round is GD.Based on Current Topics No elimination.
    Interview round is Purely Technical.
    Interview round is Purely Technical.

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Pune (India)).

Interview

I got call through the recruitment agency, then first telephonic interview conducted followed by personnel interview which went on very well and lasted about 45 min. All three panel members were quite impressed and I was recommended for HR round which took place on same day after 2 hours that was also quite good. But they had some budgetary constraints so could not match my expectations.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kurukshetra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Kurukshetra (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Larsen and Tuobro came for campus recruitment at NIT Kurukshetra on 5th Aug,2017 and there was eligibility criteria of above 7.5 CGPA with no active backlogs.
    It consists of 3 rounds.
    1. Written round(75 aptitude in 60 min , and 50 technical in 30 min).
    2. Group Discussion.
    3. Personal Interview

Interview Questions

• It was a panel of two, it was looking like one of them was from HR as he was continuously judging me and was noting down on the form while the was asking me technical questions.
      When I entered I was to asked was is not there in the form and you want to tell us.
      #"Form" is to filled before the GD round after my written round was clear.
      Here I gave my brief interview.
      Then directly they started to ask why my pointer is low in the 4th sem as compared to other sem.
      Then they asked me questions related to microprocessors and power system protection a bit easy one.
      But one question was very very difficult that can a diode be formed using discrete components(R, C).   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

There were 3 rounds for the recruitment process. The online examination was the first most step of the procedure. The duration of exam was 105 min and it consisted of quants,verbal,logical ability qstns along with technical qstns. There was a psychometry test as well. There was a basic cut off marks of each section. Next round was a group discussion , which consisted of latest trending topics . Those who cleared the GD where selected for technical interview. Finally there was HR round. The whole process was worth the efforts. Your confidence is the key to crack any interview.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Goa (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (South Goa (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Written Test (Aptitude + English). Aptitude section had 60 questions while English section had 50, and total time allotted was 80 minutes. This was followed by a face to face interview, where all my projects and interviews were discussed.

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Goa (India)

Application

Interview

An aptitude test followed by a face to face interview. They take a lot of time in declaring the results. No technical questions were asked from the mechanical engineering students in the test.

Interview Questions

• Well, the questions are pretty random. They ensured that the asked questions from the topics which aren't your strengths   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Tiruchirappalli (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Shortlist of people based on resume and CGPA. Online test consisting of basic quantitative questions and verbal (80 minutes and 120 questions with no negative marking). People who cleared the online test were called for an interview.

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

First There is one APTI test and Technical test. Technical has basic and logical questions. And in APTI there are 3 section and it has sectional cutoff sections are Quant,Logical and Verbal.
    then non elimination Gd