Larsen & Toubro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Larsen & Toubro Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)).

Interview

hiring was test based...test of apti was done and next day we sat for interviews. THe company approach seems to be very casual for mining...whereas for civil it was a tough game. The results for mining takes months literally...we waited for 6 months...bad experience.
    good for civil aspirants...be prepared technically very well...otherwise they will screw you

Interview Questions

• intro, your training, extracirrcular activity etc, whta do u know about l&t, why want to join, any questions to ask.   Answer Question

Young Leaders Program (EA to Chairman) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Terrible waste of my time. It appears that they were more interested in hearing about my high school "achievements" in extracurricular activities and so-called "positions of responsibility" (like school captain, club president etc). And this despite them having a copy of resume that clearly showed that I had a master's degree in a technical stream, and MBA and nearly 8 years of work experience, all outside India, including a stint as an engineering manager. But apparently all my professional experience is irrelevant in comparison to achievements in high school extracurricular activities from nearly 2 decades ago.

There were other elements of the interview that were frustrating, but this one really stood out.

I guess if they want kids, they are welcome to continue interviewing and hiring kids. For the rest of the experienced professionals, my advice to you would be to stay away. L&T clearly is a shining beacon of old school India and its culture of "babudom"

Interview Questions

• What achievement have you had in high school and college? Compete at what level?   Answer Question

Gradute Commercial Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

The candidate should have at least 60% in 10th, 10+2 and graduation.Written test on five topic. The test was to check quantitive attitude, clerical aptitude, and sentence correction and basic grammer testing. The test aimed to check ability to manage time, accuracy. After the written test there was lunch break. After lunch break there was shortlisting of candidates on the basis of written test. After interview final list was out for medical examination.

Site Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Coimbatore (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

personal interview on telephonic interation.
    I think i spoil this opportunity because of my unpiecefull environment.
    i had so lagging in my voice,...
    now i am so dissapointed....
    they were checked your confident level....and also the clarity in technical knowledge

i should say it's very difficult but Overall very interactive and highly productive. The candidate must be so positive and energetic with panel team and must deliver technical skills. If you have good communication skills and knowledge about the subject you can breakthrough the process.

Interview Questions

• 1.tell about your self
      2.three major steps of concreting process
      3.why do you select L&T?
      4.do you have experience?
      5.tell some other construction companies
      6.If i reject you, what do your next step?
      7,If i select you , what do you ask me ?
      1 Answer
    • your confident level....and also the clarity in technical knowledge   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roorkee (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Roorkee (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Hiring process involved first a online test which was comprised of two sections. First section was General Aptitude and second section was technical( Technical questions of your respective branch, it may any B.tech branch or a m.tech specialization). Candidates for Interview were selected on the basis of their marks in online Test. Interview was mainly technical.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dehra Dun (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Dehra Dun (India)).

Interview

It was the campus recruitment drive. Panel of 2 persons came to the campus. They have started the interview process at 4 pm which went on till 12 am. One person was senior HR person and other was from the technical background.

Interview Questions

• What is bernoulli's equation?   1 Answer
    • What is the brayton cycle?   1 Answer
    • What is your background and where do you live?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since it was campus recruitment they already made the offer during thier initial presentation before the interview.

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

Application

Interview

Shortlisting by CV and then Technical cum HR interview. Technical round included questions on power electronics and projects I had worked on. Was a skype interview. The panel was patient and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding your branch   2 Answers

Power Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Kolkata (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

First there was an aptitude test which also included technical questions from Mechanical engineering. About 35 percent of the students were shortlisted. It was followed by a GD and personal interview.

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Allahabad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was short and simple.They stuck to the basics and sometimes new technologies came into picture.The interviewer was very modest and tried the best to calm me down.Anyways I was not nervous but that helped a bit.

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Chennai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was asked questions about electrical basics, and logical questions like swapping algorithm alternatives. 45 min interview. This was college campus interview.There was a screening test. The interview was on the same day. Initial questions about resume and projects.power systems/ machines basics