Las Vegas-Clark County Library District Page Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Las Vegas-Clark County Library District Page Interview Questions

Interviews at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2013.

Interview

Very scripted, no deviations. They give you a sheet of all the questions so you can prepare your next answer while they're still writing down your previous. The number of questions & difficulty vary by branch, but the questions are still very similar. Afterwards, they time you and see how fast can you shelve a cart of books.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a friend began having a conversation with you?   Answer Question
  • What makes you qualified for this job?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if you're still unfamiliar with a procedure?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Las Vegas-Clark County Library District

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2013.

Interview

You get the application packet online, just google the Clark County Library District website, it's under "open positions". All applications have to be turned into the Windmill Library either by hand or by mail. However, for your first time I would deliver it by hand; they don't accept incomplete applications and they are very picky about what constitutes finished ei putting "n/a" is a slot that for yo might genuinely not be applicable will disqualify you . The good news is that when you turn in your app by hand they review it before accepting it and let you make corrections.

It is a very generic interview. They read from a prompt "You are interviewing for blah blah blah position" is how it starts. You are asked to describe your work history in detail (as if it is not spelled out on the job application), you are asked if you can do basic physical task (ex. lifting books and pushing carts), explain a time when you have had to be relied on, how comfortable would you feel working in different parts of the library, what would you do if you were unfamiliar with a certain procedure... Things like that.

When they are done reading the prompt you have to arrange about 20 books (usually 10 fiction and 10 nonfiction) in order using their call numbers. Then they ask you when you would be able to start and if you have any questions.

It all took about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They are all pretty straight forward. But The one I remember stumbling on was "When have you been in a situation when you have had to be relied on.   1 Answer

Las Vegas-Clark County Library District Response

Feb 18, 2018 – Human Resources

2013...Whew, that was 4 years ago. We may be late to the party, but hey, at least we showed up.

First, thank you for your comment on our application process. We no longer take paper applications... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enterprise, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District (Enterprise, NV).

Interview

They called after 5 days to schedule an interview a week in advance. Depending on the branch there may be two interviewers who are nice and share the life-long love of learning. There were 5 similar questions typed out in front of me to read along with as they asked and took notes. They give you lengthy instruction how to organize books to shelve and you have 5 minutes to alphabetize 10+ fiction and then non-fiction books, so try to be swift but accurate to the decimals and rules as well.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a fellow page putting books away on the wrong shelf, describe how would you effectively handle the situation?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle multitasking/stress in the event that there’s a lot going on and you’re asked to do many things as a page?   1 Answer

Page Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Las Vegas-Clark County Library District in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my resume with the application. About 2 weeks later someone from Human Resources called to set up an interview. They only offered me 1 interview time. The interview was pretty standard. They wanted to know about previous experience I had, how I handled difficult situations, etc. At the end I had to organize a cart of books as if I were actually shelving them.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when a co-worker got angry with you and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this job specifically?   1 Answer

Las Vegas-Clark County Library District Response

Feb 18, 2018 – Human Resources

Hello Anonymous, thank you for sharing your interview experience with the Library District. If you consider applying again, reach out to me directly at porterl (at) lvccld.org

In the interim... More