Laserfiche Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer/Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Long Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for Laserfiche. The interview process started with an HR call, I was asked some technical questions along with general questions about my experience. After a week into the interview I was told they have hired someone who is the right fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Few questions like polymorphism , Inheritance, difference between stack and queue and also they might ask you to tell a psuedo code of a program.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Long Beach, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Placed an application and got through the phone interview. Phone interview was very typical, just regular boiler-plate questions with a couple of technical questions you should know. Then i got a problem solving & and a programming assessment test through email. One was about a business consultant, and the other a dynamic programming problem.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Was selected for a phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter gave very standard interview questions. Once the interview was completed, he then gave me a case study and programming assignment. After the assignments were submitted, I was invited for an onsite interview with two managers. The questions they gave me were very easy to the point that one of the managers was upset that they could not challenge me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Laserfiche? 8 ball question and least number of tries to find the heaviest one using a scale.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I never formally applied. I met a recruiter at a career fair. She asked me some basic-ish CS questions (i.e. what is the big O run time of adding an element to an array, what is the difference between a queue and a stack). I don't have a lot of formal CS training so I was a bit rusty, but I was able to handle the questions. She still gave me a weird look after every answer. A couple months later I got an email about an interview for Software Test Engineer. First was a phone screen that was a general get to know you interview. They asked about some experiences on my resume and about what extra curricular activities I do at school. They then interviewed me two worksheet things with a week to complete. One was a java function that looked for integer matches in an array for a given integer that you could do in java or C. I did java, which I was a bit rusty on because I mainly use python and c#. The other was a problem that was finding the issue in a car manufacturing plant having an issue with paint by reading through some 'interviews' with supervisors at the plant. It was pretty unique I thought. I emailed that in and never heard back since, which was a bit annoying.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Long Beach, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2-3 weeks. I interviewed with them in person at Long Beach, CA

Quickly scheduled an on-site after their written challenge where I met the Director and someone else who was probably a manager of another team along with 2 other junior guys. They seemed like they were being forced to interview me and probably made up their minds within minutes that I'm not Chinese so lets get this over with and get him out of here. Director was pretty rude throughout the interview acting disinterested and smirking at my answers in machine gun fashion, taking notes on his laptop. They then made me go through the acrobatics with brain teasers, most of which I got, some with hints. Director would get up and point out things to me acting as if they were obvious (i'm sure they were to him as he had seen the questions). They seemed very arrogant throughout the whole process, like they sit around doing puzzles like these all day. On the last one they gave me a "pity challenge" to solve the last one because I was on the "right track." I could tell instantly this was simply to feign some fake interest in me. Nonetheless, I responded back within one hour with the complete solution I've listed all of them below.

After I left, I never heard from anyone there again. Overall, a big waste of time. No feedback until I specifically emailed back asking for a response- trying to save themselves some legal troubles from their utter nonsense, biased interview process. "Enthusiastic and friendly" recruiter seemingly disappeared from the face of the Earth. If you're from an Ivy League or good school, save yourself the trouble and interview with a real technology company and brand. Don't go through this bs.

Why would anyone go through this?
    People overall seemed miserable and unhappy. Interview mill with no real need, probably internally filled positions and interviews are most likely legal cover for EOE commission action.

Interview Questions

• You have 2 buckets and 14 balls 7 red and 7 blue, how would you maximize the probability of drawing a red ball?
      You put 1 red ball in one bucket, and the other 6 red balls in the other bucket with the 7 blue balls. The probability is around 74%
      Answer Question
    • You have 8 balls with one heavier than the rest, what's the minimum number of weighs needed to determine the heaver ball on a scale? Split up the balls into groups of 3 as this group you can determine the heavier ball with one weighing. So if you start with the group of 3 and 3 then you simply need 2 weighing at most, else it's also 2 if you have to check the remaining 2 balls as the scale would be even with 3 balls.   Answer Question
    • You have 25 horses how do you race 5 at a time to determine the fastest one?Hold 5 races of 5 groups to determine the fastest in each group, then race the winner to get first (race 6). Have the 2nd place winner of group one and 3rd place of group one race the second place winner in the next race you should determine 2nd and 3rd place in this fashion overall. Elimination 6 or 7 races needed.   1 Answer

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Long Beach, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online with resume, contacted by recruiter for a phone screen followed by a coding and 'business' problem to be completed at home and submitted via email. Invited to Long Beach for an interview, after which I never heard back from them!

Interview Questions

• Your task is to implement a findMatches function that takes a query value and a pre-sorted array of integers that may contain duplicates. It should find and return
       The index of the first instance of the query value in the array, or -1 if the query value does not exist in the array.
       The number of times the query value appears in the array (0 if the query value does not exist in
      the array).
      1 Answer
    • Q. Automobile manufacturing business problem   1 Answer
    • Q. Can't remember the exact question but it was essentially working out the Fibonacci sequence   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Long Beach, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

1.Referred by my friend.
    2.Phone Interview talking about my resume. Some simple question about Java, DataStructure, Object Design
    3. Assignment, First about reading a article and analysis the problem. Another is programming question about Dynamic problem.
    4. Onsite, some simple Algorithm problems

Interview Questions

• On site problmes: 1: Weather a number is a prime 2, Count the times of a number in an ordered array.
      3, 25 bar seats 4, whether 3 int String range"1-5, 6, 7-8"; 5, Clime stairs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Long Beach, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I talked to the recruiter on college career fair and got invited to on-site interview a day later. I spent a day at the company. In the morning we got a presentation about the company. There were two interviews, each with one junior software engineer and one senior software engineer.

Interview Questions

• Standard leetcode questions, a little bit harder than easy.   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Long Beach, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter, we did a 30 minute phone interview and I was given a case study problem to work on. I submitted the problem then I had an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• You have 14 balls, and two buckets. 7 are red, 7 are white, find the best arrangement of balls that will give you the highest probability of picking a red ball.   1 Answer
    • You have 9 balls, equally big, equally heavy - except for one, which is a little heavier.

How would you identify the heavier ball if you could use a pair of balance scales only twice?
      Answer Question
    • you have 25 horses, and you want to pick the fastest 3 horses out of those 25. In each race, only 5 horses can run at the same time because there are only 5 tracks. What is the minimum number of races required to find the 3 fastest horses without using a stopwatch?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

A recruiter called me. Went through my resume and asked me some simple questions. Then I got a coding assignment (StampDispenser), we can use either Java or C++ to finish it. After I submitting my assignment I was asked to provide my transcript. In the end I was rejected by the recruiter.