Last Call by Neiman Marcus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Last Call by Neiman Marcus Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2016

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Last Call by Neiman Marcus (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then face to face interview nothing hard nothing serious just a regular interview with all basic questions the overal process took like a week I was hired two days after the interview via phone call from Human Resources

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Last Call by Neiman Marcus (Central Valley, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on Indeed.com and received an email a couple days later. Set up an interview a few days after. This was my first interview and I'm happy that it was pretty laid back. It was just me and the head of relations, since the hiring manager was not in. Had to wait a couple minutes when I first came and then went into the back into his office. I was pretty nervous but stayed calm. Since I had no work experience he asked if I had any volunteer work ect. We suddenly got into a conversation about theatre and actors. He showed me one of the catalogs with outrageous things you can buy through Neiman Marcus. He then offered me a temorary/seasonal job, but I had to re apply through their website when I got home. There was also a background check/drug test but I never got that far. Ultimately ended up never going back because I was offered a better job somewhere else.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Last Call by Neiman Marcus (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was like all other retail interviews. The GM was really nice and inviting and seemed genuine. Because the general manager was very kind, it made for a smooth interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a scenario of a conflict I was in to see how I solved a problem.   Answer Question

Customer Service Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Last Call by Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Not worth your time or enegry. Interview was a complete joke.. I have hired people and this interview u can pass with no experience.........................)don't apply.. don't do it to yourself.. just dont

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Last Call by Neiman Marcus (Doral, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Got a phone called. Few days after that got a one on one interview with somebody from human resources, later with the manager from the department i was applying. After that i got called by the human resource person which offer me a position then i did the Drug Test.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the store? (skills, knowledge)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate from the basic pay because i have more than 5 years of experience working in retail.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Last Call by Neiman Marcus (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Consisted of 4 over the phone interviews with 4 different people, 1 in person interview. Each phone interview lasted about 45 minutes, had an interview about every 5 days until position was offered. HR director asked about systems but was not sure if she knew what to ask, she would place me on hold for several minutes on a few occasions.

Interview Questions

• What type of systems did I work with in my prior positions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Last Call by Neiman Marcus (Livermore, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first one with the Assistant manager and the second with the store manager. This can take place within the same day. The first interview is a screening to see if you're good for the team. The second interview is mainly learning about the company and the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing working in the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Last Call by Neiman Marcus (Houston, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with Last Call and would have decided to accept the position had it not been for the unpleasant and unfortunate atmosphere. My first interview was with the hiring manager for the store and she was 25 minutes late to meeting with me. I was patient and waited near the fitting rooms and was appalled at the behavior of the associates who were there. They were extremely rude to customers waiting to try on garments, and one associate even rolled her eyes when asked for a fitting room. There were no pleasantries or smiles at all. I thought maybe it was just a bad day (no excuse at all) for those two women working. My interview was very brief and by the books and I felt the hiring manager didn't ask any pertinent questions, but just went off of my resume. She was pleasant to talk with, however. I was invited back for a second interview a few days later and met with the department manager. She was also 10 minutes late. I again waited by the fitting rooms and could not believe the same two associates were there and had the same behavior towards every customer that wanted to try on. One associate even went as far as to tell a larger gentleman that the dress shirts he had selected would not fit him, because he is too big. For this reason alone, I chose not to accept the offer of employment. Your job is customer service and that behavior is beyond unacceptable.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep out of office gossip and drama?   1 Answer

Based on the behavior of the other associates, I would not want to work with such rude and unprofessional people.

Coordinator-shoe Buying Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Last Call by Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone for
    The first round of interviewing. I was asked about my experience with store management and what my managing style was. They were so nice about it but I was caught off guard when the interview was over the phone and not in person.

Operations Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Applied thru employee referral. Had brief phone interview to distinguish my qualifications. In person interview with district manager was very cold and uncomfortable. She never discussed in detail what job entailed until end of interview. Could of saved us both time if she discussed in initial phone interview. She asked if I'd be interested in lower position which I declined due to my experience and the much lower salary. Then she said she'd call in a few days. A week later she calls to offer me the same lower position in a different state. It was embarrassing and odd.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who blantantly ignored your direction to do a task?   Answer Question