Latham & Watkins Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.7

Business Services Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY).

Interview

Long and involved--submitted initial application then had a phone interview. Was invited back to a "recruitment event" at their office in New York, but before going I had to take 6 tests that accessed Microsoft word, excel, and powerpoint proficiency, logical reasoning and multi-tasking capability, and attention to detail. Recruiting event lasted from 10-1 and included a small group prioritization and presentation activity as well as "speed networking" with Latham employees. Everyone was nice, but very corporate. Heard back soon after from a woman who read to me off of a script to tell me that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• If there was a newspaper headline written about you, what would it say?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, 20 minute screener with normal interview questions. Call back interview is five 20 minute one on one feeler interviews with a mix of partners and associates followed by a group lunch (or dinner) with fellow interviewees and associates. You receive a list of the interviewers the day before, but the list is subject to change. The main difference from other call backs is that the interviews take place in one meeting room and the associates/partners change out of the room.

Interview Questions

• No curveballs. Regular tell me about yourself, resume questions, interests outside of work and school, and a lot of allotted time for questions.   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Two rounds: One screening interview with a Partner (20 minutes), then another 4 interview with 3 associates and one partner of 20 minutes each. No assessments or tests required. Received the outcome of the interview process at the end of the same week as when I did my last rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself?
      What are your interests within the area of antitrust law?
      Have you heard about Latham Academies?
      1 Answer

Guest Services Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process is long but is more like a conversation opposed to an interview which relieved my anxiety. If you're honest and open with them about everything they ask you, you should not have a problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

two screening interviews on the phone followed by a one and a half hour in person interview with three attorneys. It took them over 3 weeks to get back to me after the in person.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage time, what is your background in this area   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavioral-type questions about past experiences and work habits.

Interview Questions

• Questions where you give examples of a mistake and how you solved it, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Very easy interview process- they asked about my previous experience and why I was interested in the firm. The process took about 2 weeks from the screener to the callback and I was given 3 months to decide. I then went to a few dinner/coffees with associates prior to accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Latham? When so many firms are so similar why would you want to work here?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted resume through law school for on-campus screening interview, which was accepted. The interview was one-on-one for a little more than half an hour. Shortly afterwards, was invited to firm for follow-up interviews, which was with six different associates and partners for half an hour, plus an hour-long lunch with two more attorneys. They tried to match interviewers with interests and desired practice areas. Offers were extended by phone within a few weeks after the callback interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview lunch, though that doesn't exactly count as an interview "question." It's more of a situation test to see how well you can handle the kind of social situation that is the bread and butter of business development and client interaction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The job was obtained through a recruiting firm. There was an initial meeting with a partner, followed by meetings with a couple more partners and a few associates. The meetings were held at the firm's office. Second round had a greater focus on fit and personality. Offer came within a couple of weeks.

Attorney, 4th-Year Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Latham & Watkins (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Hiring is largely driven by the second-year summer associate program; I assume it is much more difficult and market-driven to get hired as a third year law school student.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions; most difficult part was demonstrating fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no negotiations.